best shoes for guards like me?

hey guys, i need some new shoes for balling. i play guard and slash a lot so i need responsiveness, traction, and good cushioning. i prefer something light and low to the ground if possible. in the past ive used kobe Vs, hyperfuse lows, and hyperdunk 2010s. oh and im 5'8" and 170. thanks.

The Rose 1.0 would be perfect for any slashing guard. Try to find those on ebay if possible. This year's performer's could be the AdiPower Howard 2, even though its made for a big man, its really great for any position that applies a ton of force to the ground. these are not that low to the ground but are really responsive and traction is good.

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

The Rose 1.0 would be perfect for any slashing guard. Try to find those on ebay if possible. This year's performer's could be the AdiPower Howard 2, even though its made for a big man, its really great for any position that applies a ton of force to the ground. these are not that low to the ground but are really responsive and traction is good.

Can you do a review for AdiPower Howard 2 or point me to a review for them?

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

Can you do a review for AdiPower Howard 2 or point me to a review for them?

I dont have a formal review on them but NightWing2303 is finishing a video as we speak.
Heres my mini-review on them:

I'm about 175 and 5'9". My style is attack the rim at all costs.

Fit: Its TTS and the straps really lock you in, one of the best lockdowns period in the heel and midfoot.
Cushioning: Absorbs tons of impacts from cuts to hard landings. Cushioning is very fluid and feels very in sync with your movements
Traction: Absolutely fantastic traction that does not give up on any surface [tennis courts, hardwood gyms, concrete]. Traction holds up very well without any slippage and pretty durable traction for outdoor play as well
Support: The Torsion really protects you from overpronation and ankles are very safe in these.
Ventilation: Its quite a shame that this would be a near damn perfect shoe if it wasnt for ventilation. My feet do tend to sweat more than most peoples but in this shoe compared to all my other kicks are just awful very comparable to a Jordan 12 that has no ventilation.

This shoe plays like a Adidas Crazy 8 [low to the ground feeling and great smooth transition] and Jordan 12[great cushinoing, and support]

Don't Sleep on this shoe. Its a very good shoe and one of the best.

Back
Top Bottom