Best sole sauce?

I tried using Salon care 40 on my yellowing kobe 7s, but the shoes came out more yellow when they were done, Can someone help me.

Don't know anyone have the same problem that I had, after I use the 40 volume cream to unyellow my Jordan 4s toecap, the result is pretty good at first. But after a period of time (around 2 month), the toecap get the yellow back for no reason, it seems like it even worst than before, So I stop using it.

Anything little bro Dom touches is peefection, from his sauce to restorations to customs.. Highly recommended across the board for those who've never used him!!

View media item 1837306 I've used a few of them on a everyday basis and to be totally honest the 40 maxlift developer produces the same results as the Angelus sole bright. They both produce excellent results one just cost x4 times more.

I've been putting this off forever. I want to try the 40 crème the only thing stopping me is reading how long you have to do it to get results. I wouldn't be as worried if the soles were already detached like I seen in youtube videos but mine are still on the shoes so I worry about sole separation if I try this. Any advice?

I've been putting this off forever. I want to try the 40 crème the only thing stopping me is reading how long you have to do it to get results. I wouldn't be as worried if the soles were already detached like I seen in youtube videos but mine are still on the shoes so I worry about sole separation if I try this. Any advice?
Just put some ice in a ziplock bag and stuff into the toebox, it'll keep the shoe cool while the sole is still saucing up.

I only do 1 hour sessions but still check on them every 30 minutes.

Last edited:
i have a bottle of fabes sole sauce and about 3/4's left of seaglow for free if anyone wants it.

you pay for the shipping if you're outside of los angeles and it's yours.

local los angeles folk, come pick up locally

Last edited:
Bringing up an old thread but I never see anyone WIPING OFF THE SAUCE....everytime I've ever done it, a weird white residue stays on the soles even after washing it...just magically pops up after it dries....tips?

I'm no expert in the least and have only done this twice using oxy clean and a bit of salon 40. I've used them on Jordan Concords and cool greys and it did the job. I wiped them after they cooled down from the sun. The yellow returned after a yr though lol

Bringing up an old thread but I never see anyone WIPING OFF THE SAUCE....everytime I've ever done it, a weird white residue stays on the soles even after washing it...just magically pops up after it dries....tips?

I'm not sure it really makes a difference in what cleaner you use, but we used angelus sole bright and then used their easy cleaner and cleaned them after wiping it off and didn't have this problem.

Salon Care 50 Volume gave me the best results, I've been doing icy soles for about the past 3-4 years. 40 Vol and 50 Vol are the best I've used those other products are bs and a majority of the results they post are too[ATTACHMENT=12255][ATTACHMENT=12256][ATTACHMENT=12257]IMG_0074.JPG (1,034k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT].

I'm trying to decide wether to buy God of sole , fabe sole or sole bright. Any help. I've had fabe sole but I lost the bottle and it worked on the midsole of my shadow 1s. I tried it on my laker 6s but I did not get the same result probably to not doing it correctly.

I tried Sole Restorer's with natural sunlight on a few different pairs ('06 Fire Red V, '08 white/ice AF1, etc.), and this is the best result I could get on '11 Space Jam SBs.

View media item 1434755

Went back to Sea Glow boat cleaner, and it's still producing better results.

Unsure if the Sole Restorer crew's methods may/may not be different, but their results when you send in your kicks are far better than my user results.

THIS WORK?? I tried all sauces nothing works

1. I've been using superstar 40v and a little oxiclean mixed together and have been getting slow but good results. I've done 6, 2 hour sessions over the last 2 days and my 5s soles have gone from pretty piss yellow to about 70% clear. As we speak they are outside on their 5th session. Attached are some before and afters.. One Pic is of my hornet 5s after one 2 hour session using a oxiclean, corn starch, peroxide recipe I found on YouTube. There was a slight change but not nearly as effective as the 40v cream and oxiclean combo. Slowly but surely... Icy soles here I come! lol

Attachments

• 20171129_134134.jpg
    20171129_134134.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 11,821
  • received_10155733767834178.jpeg
    received_10155733767834178.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 12,405
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bringing this thread back.

Now that I have alot of time Working From Home (Due to Covid) , I want to start unyellowing some kicks I have.

So what "Sole Sauce" you guys using in 2020. Is there any other threads with instructions?

This is what I plan to do:

1- Clean the soles with soap and water
2- Apply Sole sauce around the yellowed parts
3- Cover any exposed areas with tape to prevent dripping
4- Cover with Saran Wrap
5- Put Ice Pack Inside of shoe to prevent glue from heating and separating midsoles
6- Leave outside in Direct SunLight ( I will check every hour, until I see it has dried) I live in TX so there is ALOT of Sun

Step 7 - Bring Inside and wash the soles again with Soap and Water

After all this REPEAT the process until Soles are cleared as Desired.

Am I getting this right? Can you guys post any more tips, links, suggestions?

Now that I have alot of time Working From Home (Due to Covid) , I want to start unyellowing some kicks I have.

So what "Sole Sauce" you guys using in 2020. Is there any other threads with instructions?

4- Cover with Saran Wrap
5- Put Ice Pack Inside of shoe to prevent glue from heating and separating midsoles
6- Leave outside in Direct SunLight ( I will check every hour, until I see it has dried) I live in TX so there is ALOT of Sun

Also curious what people are using TODAY. Not 5 years ago. Very few responses on this in the sticky thread that needs to die.

the og sea glow? Raleigh restorations ice cream? Salon care 40v? 40v with oxiclean?

We need a real unbiased experiment done. Seems all these youtubers have a vested interest in one or the other.

Watching YouTube vids I get how to apply and everything. We used to think it was the sea glow that needed to be kept off the midsoles to avoid separation but now we know it’s the heat that does it. I’m gonna get an LED full spectrum light and do it indoors. I will use the light for its intended purpose when the circumstances allow so definitely not a waste of money plus they’re only like around $100 and that’s nothing for a veg light compared to the expensive MH lights and ballasts we used to use before LED tech advanced. And the heat from them Jesus. I actually still have 400w MH and two 600w HPS bulbs with reflectors and ballasts but that would generate way too much heat and consume too much electricity. Should have sold it when I stopped using them years ago jokes on me now.

4- Cover with Saran Wrap

Hey bro I'm convinced that ALL these sole sauce brands are just salon care 50 repackaged and sold as their special proprietary sauce. I'm not gonna support that. Ever wonder how these ghetto fools came up with a formula? Nah there was no R&D or anything. It's fairly obvious to me now that it's just repackaged salon care 50. And from what I gather the 40 works about the same as 50. So really it comes down to sea glow vs salon care. I got a high powered full spectrum indoor light otw and going to order both sea glow and salon care 40 and do a side by side.

Also curious what people are using TODAY. Not 5 years ago. Very few responses on this in the sticky thread that needs to die.

the og sea glow? Raleigh restorations ice cream? Salon care 40v? 40v with oxiclean?

We need a real unbiased experiment done. Seems all these youtubers have a vested interest in one or the other.

Watching YouTube vids I get how to apply and everything. We used to think it was the sea glow that needed to be kept off the midsoles to avoid separation but now we know it’s the heat that does it. I’m gonna get an LED full spectrum light and do it indoors. I will use the light for its intended purpose when the circumstances allow so definitely not a waste of money plus they’re only like around $100 and that’s nothing for a veg light compared to the expensive MH lights and ballasts we used to use before LED tech advanced. And the heat from them Jesus. I actually still have 400w MH and two 600w HPS bulbs with reflectors and ballasts but that would generate way too much heat and consume too much electricity. Should have sold it when I stopped using them years ago jokes on me now.

LOVE THIS THREAD. NEED MORE 2020 INPUT.

I also am starting to restore shoes with all this time on my hands due to COVID. I have been icing people's shoes with the angelus sauce which works pretty well or playing with Salon 40. The thing with the salon 40 I noticed it kind of overbleached some rubber soles on varsity 6s. So I don't know how I feel about that..Also loss of traction seems to start becoming a thing after longer sessions. Any ideas on how to recover traction? Going to see if salon 40 care + oxi-clean bleach will make a difference.

I do the outdoor method and am interested in creating an indoor method. It seems like heating is an issue when making an ice box and I was wondering if heat issues come with all lights and if a fan is just always necessary in creating an indoor method?

LOVE THIS THREAD. NEED MORE 2020 INPUT.

I also am starting to restore shoes with all this time on my hands due to COVID. I have been icing people's shoes with the angelus sauce which works pretty well or playing with Salon 40. The thing with the salon 40 I noticed it kind of overbleached some rubber soles on varsity 6s. So I don't know how I feel about that..Also loss of traction seems to start becoming a thing after longer sessions. Any ideas on how to recover traction? Going to see if salon 40 care + oxi-clean bleach will make a difference.

I do the outdoor method and am interested in creating an indoor method. It seems like heating is an issue when making an ice box and I was wondering if heat issues come with all lights and if a fan is just always necessary in creating an indoor method?
Heat will only be an issue if you use old school HID grow lights. But if you use LED then you’re good. And they’re cheap. I just bought a 1000w equivalent for under $200!! You won’t need to worry at all about the heat ****ing up your kicks. I think LEDs put out like 80 degrees heat lol it’s great.

Interesting about the overbleaching. On the soles? Can you post a pic if you don’t mind?

Back
Top Bottom