Best State to live in?

Seattle's place to be, great jobs out here. All the seasons are light not heavy not too much snow but rains a lot (6-8 months out year but light rain tho) and we have a good amount of sun during the end of spring and middle of summer. If your a outdoor person, the mountains are 30 minutes east from the city (Seattle), lots of trails i plan on doing a hike every weekend if the weather's good. born and raised here and I've traveled to other places and i just cant see myself living under that the same weather forever. it always nice to see sunny beaches but i gotta see my rain and snow sometime. I just hope our city doesn't turn into SF with their housing. in a nut shell PNW for the win.

Dallas, Houston & Austin are the move right now.

Low cost of living, booming job market, young population, nice inexpensive homes.

I like the upside and I'm considering the move.

Dallas, Houston & Austin are the move right now.

Low cost of living, booming job market, young population, nice inexpensive homes.

I like the upside and I'm considering the move.

Compared to the other two, all the Cali transplants, Austin has gotten really expensive.

Besides weather what is there to do in your guys' cities?

Living here in LA I get to go to Disneyland, Universal Studios, Magic, The Hollywood strip, beaches.

I wouldn't mind trying a new location.

Last edited:
Nj>
**** having to go 15+ miles out the way if I miss an exit. Although we do have provably the best gas situation

Wv is cool but u will meet some real weird people

I love Seattle during the Fall, Winter, and sometimes Spring, but I absolutely cannot stand it when it gets to 90+ during the Summer. I can't stand hot weather in general. Matter of fact, anything > 75 is too hot for me. I wanna live somewhere that's cold, even during the Summer.

I want to know what state is good to live in. Me and my wife want to move out of Florida in about 2-3 years. This can be from state income taxes (which FL doesn't have any) to beaches (FL has a lot!) to jut livin expenses. Come NT lets get this Thread going!

View media item 1403467

Cali/LA
Weather, women, high paying jobs, and various opportunities. Go for it

I think a lot of you do not realize that California has some hick n slow towns. Not all of cali is expensive but San Francisco and other lil pockets are. Like dude said earlier, cali has almost every type of weather.

Ny is def overrated and Seattle is a cool place but all that gloom and rain is depressing (pun intended).

Last edited:
Downfalls of living in south Florida?

I am a teacher. Not trippin about getting a job. This snow just made me annoyed

Some of these may be more about miami, but off the top of my head:

-- Traffic sucks, terrible drivers, and you need a car. Public transportation is a joke, causing people to drive everywhere they gotta get to.

-- Shady local gov's. Just last year there were like three mayors accused of taking bribes, iirc.

-- The language. There's ppl who have been living here for 30+ years, yet still don't know english. I don't mind because I can speak decent spanish, but it can be a culture shock and a difficulty for some.

-- Summers are unbearably hot. There can be stretches of the summer where it's either raining or super humid and hot.

-- And personally, hard to find good bbq & mexican. Great restaurants overall though.

BUT, I can wear hit the beach in february, we got some of the baddest women in the world, and there is always something to do here. It can be a great place to live

Last edited:
anyone live in colorado? hows the weather there year round? cost of living?

lived in denver cost of living is some what pricey. Great area alot to do there. Weather is pretty good during spring summer. Fall can get cold. Winter is decent have your moments of bad wether and snow. If you want something just as nice as denver and little more cost effective ft collins is a good pick.
lived in cali (916)
Denver
Orlando fl
charleston sc
mclean va
washington dc
rapid city sd
thats just the US spots

Some of these may be more about miami, but off the top of my head:

-- Traffic sucks, terrible drivers, and you need a car. Public transportation is a joke, causing people to drive everywhere they gotta get to.

-- Shady local gov's. Just last year there were like three mayors accused of taking bribes, iirc.

-- The language. There's ppl who have been living here for 30+ years, yet still don't know english. I don't mind because I can speak decent spanish, but it can be a culture shock and a difficulty for some.

-- Summers are unbearably hot. There can be stretches of the summer where it's either raining or super humid and hot.

-- And personally, hard to find good bbq & mexican. Great restaurants overall though.

BUT, I can wear hit the beach in february, we got some of the baddest women in the world, and there is always something to do here. It can be a great place to live

spot on. If you can deal with the summers you're good. The rest of the year, especially right now, is as good as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom