Best Steakhouse you have ate at?

Outside of my city (the capital of steakhouses) would be St. Elmo in Indy. 2:nerd:z porterhouse to the head :pimp:

Last edited:
Its a tie between....

Dakotas in Dallas with their delicious steak and very cool sunken restaurant and waterfall.
http://www.dakotasrestaurant.com/home.html

4129633602_437655236b_z.jpg

l.jpg

Or

Texas de Brazil in Dallas. My mouth is watering thinking about them bringing all that food to your table and getting all you can eat. I didn't want to leave.
http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

texas-de-brazil.jpg

texasdebrazil.jpg

i don't really like steak. :lol: i'll do a rib eye once in a blue moon though. just olive oil, salt and pepper and to the grill.

MPLS, I'm not trying to rustle jimmies, but if you're gonna get a $50 steak and you get it well-done, isn't it a waste?

Like, can you actually taste the difference between a really good cut and like a sirloin when it's well-done?

I'm asking this because I really don't know the answer and I've heard both argument. I've never had a well-done steak probably ever.

yeah man, it's way drier and tougher. even if you do it right by putting it in an oven vs pouding the hell out of it to flatten it and stacking sizzlers on it so it cooks faster. well done steaks take forever to cook. i just figure kids are ordering these things or something. i've seen people order well done wagyu beef and i cringe when i have to cook it. i took the time to cut this steak and weight it and al that and you wanna ruin it? :lol: just people stunting with their money or the corporate card not knowing what they are ordering.

^^ When I was in Dallas last year I planned to go there but changed my mind and went to Pappadeaux instead

Im going to assume that by now you realized you ****** up with that decision and youre going to rectify it and head to Texas de Brazil soon. I cant stress how delicious it was/is. :smokin

yeah man, it's way drier and tougher. even if you do it right by putting it in an oven vs pouding the hell out of it to flatten it and stacking sizzlers on it so it cooks faster. well done steaks take forever to cook. i just figure kids are ordering these things or something. i've seen people order well done wagyu beef and i cringe when i have to cook it. i took the time to cut this steak and weight it and al that and you wanna ruin it? :lol: just people stunting with their money or the corporate card not knowing what they are ordering.
my gfs mom hates red meat ..idk y.. but to my medium or med rare is the best when done right how do u do it mpls any tips?

my mom is the same way, if you mean by red not cooked through. she just recently started getting medium steaks though.

not a ton, just keep it simple with salt and pepper and olive oil. when you throw it on the grill it will probably flare up from the oil, just move it if that happens or else it is going to turn dark and gross from all the carbon on it.

i just get some good steaks and let the meat do the talking. pause. unless you're talking skirt steak or something. but yeah for a rib eye or whatever i just go with that method.

if you wanna get more into it try different types of beef. corn fed, grass fed, grass fed with a corn finish. they will all taste different. i rarely ever go to steak houses because it's not my thing. i'm more of a hole in the wall with fire food dude.

Last edited:
Oak in Charleston, SC. HANDS DOWN. place is hella expensive, but their steaks come from 1 specific butcher in NY & they marinate them all in seasonings/dry rub for at least a day before served :smokin

yeah man, it's way drier and tougher. even if you do it right by putting it in an oven vs pouding the hell out of it to flatten it and stacking sizzlers on it so it cooks faster. well done steaks take forever to cook. i just figure kids are ordering these things or something. i've seen people order well done wagyu beef and i cringe when i have to cook it. i took the time to cut this steak and weight it and al that and you wanna ruin it?
laugh.gif
just people stunting with their money or the corporate card not knowing what they are ordering.
I gotta disagree with this. As to 'not knowing what they are ordering' I've had medium and rare steak and know that I prefer well. Personal preference. Yes rarer is more tender and juicy but I don't like the mineral flavor of blood or the slimier texture/mouthfeel. For everyone who likes medium there's someone who likes rare saying they're ruining their meat.

Think of it this way: since well done is gonna be tougher and drier anyway quality beef is even more important; a cheap steak done rare/medium might be ok but well done and it's going to be a jaw workout.

steak noob here can someone give me some good steak spots around LA?

any dos and dont when you order/eat steak :nerd:

There's a large historic mansion in my city that was converted to a steakhouse in the 1930s.
It's very exclusive and private, and has the best Filet I've had anywhere.

Pricey, but worth it.

Last edited:
- True steakhouse fan, here.  A few of my favorites in Philly:

- Philadelphia:

Barclay Prime

Butcher and Singer:

Del Frisco's (Phila):

- Table 31:

- Spectrum Grill:

Y'all are tripping saying Yard House has the best steak or even great food :lol:

I go their for their beer and happy hour appetizers :pimp:

Joe Forte's and Glowball are the two best places I've had a steak at here in Vancouver. There's a place called Black & Blue that everyone raves about which I've yet to try out.

Back
Top Bottom