Best VoiP?

They keep increasing the bill for the landline (att) and have been meaning to look into getting a voip like vonage, ooma, etc. Which one is best? I read some pretty mixed reviews
about vonage and mostly good on Ooma which is what I'm looking to get. Any experiences with either or something better?

They keep increasing the bill for the landline (att) and have been meaning to look into getting a voip like vonage, ooma, etc. Which one is best? I read some pretty mixed reviews
about vonage and mostly good on Ooma which is what I'm looking to get. Any experiences with either or something better?

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

I have used skype and don't have any complaints with it.  You can link it to your mobile phone and use it on wifi or buy an inexpensive PBX system to connect your current phone to your computer.

http://shop.skype.com/phones/

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

I have used skype and don't have any complaints with it.  You can link it to your mobile phone and use it on wifi or buy an inexpensive PBX system to connect your current phone to your computer.

http://shop.skype.com/phones/

Can you make calls with skype and recieve them from your normal house phone (ported number)? I think skype os pretty cool, but I wasn't sure if they could do that. I want to keep my same house number, and make/receive calls from that same number.

Can you make calls with skype and recieve them from your normal house phone (ported number)? I think skype os pretty cool, but I wasn't sure if they could do that. I want to keep my same house number, and make/receive calls from that same number.

I'm not too sure about porting numbers.  I haven't really used skype for that kind of thing.  I know for Google Voice, you can give out that number and link it to all of your phones.  I have mine hooked up so all my voice mails from my cell are automatically sent to my gmail where I can read and listen to them.  I'm sure you can set up the same for your landline and possibly run it as a middle service between your land line and skype.

I'm not too sure about porting numbers.  I haven't really used skype for that kind of thing.  I know for Google Voice, you can give out that number and link it to all of your phones.  I have mine hooked up so all my voice mails from my cell are automatically sent to my gmail where I can read and listen to them.  I'm sure you can set up the same for your landline and possibly run it as a middle service between your land line and skype.

If you have an iphone you want Viber. It's fantastic. Free calls anywhere in the world with great quality. Super easy too - no logging in or anything you just hit the persons name and it calls them.

If you have an iphone you want Viber. It's fantastic. Free calls anywhere in the world with great quality. Super easy too - no logging in or anything you just hit the persons name and it calls them.

Back
Top Bottom