Best ways to get flight deals

i know there are the sites to look up the best prices but im wondering if there are any better ways to get good deals.

i have to take a trip in october. i havent flown since all the invsaive procedures just to get on a plane. i dont really want to fly, it seems expensive now with not many flights. unfortunately theres no other option since the rail system in this country sucks. id take amtrak but its probably even more expensive. i'm also considering the option of flying out  of a different airport. 

is it better to try and book now or wait for a last minute deal?

can i even bring anything on the plane these days?

im going from CLE ---> PHX

Kayak

Orbitz
Priceline
Expedia
Travelocity..

Also check out which credit cards earn the best points..later u can use the points and get a free flight

Def spend a few hours to compare prices..a lot of work I kno..but it's worth it
Also if u can save a few hundred dollars taking a layover somewhere do it..

I go to Europe every yr and I look at hundreds of different inltineraries to see what makes sense..u can use the layovers as an opportunity to visit a city u never been to as well

Also tripadvisor is great for hotel reviews

Last edited:
I always try to fly out mid-week during the mid-day and that usually works out for me. I'm a member of the Virgin America Elevate membership and fly frequently so racking up the pts doesn't hurt.

I found out if you buy your tkts online, buy them between tues-thurs. When I booked my last flight to Kenya, KLM had the tkt for $2500 when I checked on Monday and $1400 when I checked on wed. Same thing happened to my mom also

Back
Top Bottom