best/worst shows you been to

whats the best and worst shows yall been to?

i been to a few shows in my life time and most of them were pretty good. the first show i ever been to was a redman and method man show back when blackout wasreleased. i was only 11 and my uncle took me but it
pimp.gif
from what iremember. i been to one other meth concert 2 years ago and let me tell you, that man can put on one hell of a show. this %%##+ was stage diving, steppin onpeople, throwin water in the crowd it was crazy

i also been to the ghostface/rakim/brother ali show in frisco back in nov. and it was ill. ghost got crazy energy on the stage

but hands down, the best shows i ever been to was the roots. i was fortunate enough to go twice and each one was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. those brothers know how to rock the mic and keep youentertained. black thought is one of the best emcees, if not the best emcee, to ever touch the mic on stage.

the worst: fabolous. dude is alright but this one chick had an extra ticket and brought me along. this was around when breathe was a big single and his albumwas about to drop. his songs and everything is cool but this N' was standing there with a
indifferent.gif
the whole time just reciting raps. he sounded like a robot and he barelymoved. his boy (paul cain i think) was the one with all the energy. young jeezy came out too (this was before people even knew who young jeezy was) and he hadcrazy energy too but overall i was so bored, i was fallen asleep on my feet.

i heard lupe & common put on good shows but im not a big fan of lupe's music and from the concert footages i seen, it looks like common just runs backand forth and raps.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Best show: Kanye during his College Dropout Tour

Worst Show: tie
Camron and Dipset- Camron didn't show, and jim jones and juelz performed for half an hour tops
Lil' Wayne- somebody threw something at the stage and he stormed off. show lasted about 10 minutes

Best Shows-Roots,Boot Camp Click,Jay-Z
Worst Performances-Big Pun(his fat @!+ did pieces to 3 songs leaned up on the speaker sweatin like Smokey in that pigeon coop), Black Rob(Dude just sucked)

Originally Posted by sevenzro1

Best Shows-Roots,Boot Camp Click,Jay-Z
Worst Performances-Big Pun(his fat @!+ did pieces to 3 songs leaned up on the speaker sweatin like Smokey in that pigeon coop), Black Rob(Dude just sucked)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Best show: Kanye during his College Dropout Tour

Worst Show: tie
Camron and Dipset- Camron didn't show, and jim jones and juelz performed for half an hour tops
Lil' Wayne- somebody threw something at the stage and he stormed off. show lasted about 10 minutes

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ weezy. was this recently? if it was he was probably coked up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

im thinkin about goin to that k. west glow tour if it stops in the bay. kanye seems like the type that would put on a good performance. late orchestrationwas
pimp.gif

Best - (Not in order except for Pearl Jam)

Pearl Jam - Absolutely incredible...3 hours of bliss
Muse - Damn they were a very pleasant surprise...
Lupe Fiasco - Lu did his thing every time i've seen him...
Dave Matthews Band - Some people may say they are boring...but talent oozes from their shows
Kanye West - Kanye is legit live...
Wu-Tang Clan - The Wu put down a damn show right before 'Ye...had Meth standing on my hands rapping
laugh.gif

John Mayer - the Charity Revue at the Nokia in December...Acoustic, then Trio then full band
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Editors - The Editors impressed me ALOT...
Coheed & Cambria - Very good instrumentation live, vocals are
grin.gif
Buta very good show anyways

Worst -

MIMS-
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
He played This Is Why I'm Hot 5, I repeat FIVE!!! times
indifferent.gif

Panic at The Disco - decent first time i saw them, garbage second...just wanted a good spot for Muse
T-Pain - I'll admit, I had fun at his set but only because I found a fine +!% girl to dance with
laugh.gif

Gym Class Heroes - Listen, I really like them but i've seen them twice and been real close both times but they are a letdown live...
T.I. - ^^^

That's all i can think of now i'll try and remember more...

man I hear that everytime somebody talks about the roots...I'ma have to go to one of their shows

The Game-this was like a week after The Documentary dropped...show was pretty good but short....there was some "bloods" in the audience that keptyelling brrraaaaatttt all the time...someone throw a lit blunt on stage and game picked it up and puffed on it and said "someone cant roll for !@%%"

Wu-Tang- AMAZING show....my ears were ringing for like 2 days and my voice was gone....only bad thing is the Wu had everybody waiting for like 3 hrs+.

Nas- great show too....Nas is a good performer and really gets the crowd into it....i swear he did like every song that night.

The Roots are coming to House of Blues in Orlando on March 8th...only thing is that im the only one i know that likes The Roots...i never been to a showalone...but i've heard they put on amazing shows...anyone been alone? would you recommend seeing them?

I started listing bands and the list got too long. Basically I've enjoyed 95% of the bands I've gone to see, and the only bands that have reallysucked... were usually openers that I counted on sucking anyway.

Oh yeah, and cloud ten was all right, but I'm damn near at eleven.

The Roots are coming to House of Blues in Orlando on March 8th...only thing is that im the only one i know that likes The Roots...i never been to a show alone...but i've heard they put on amazing shows...anyone been alone? would you recommend seeing them?
None of my friends are hip hop heads, but dude, if you can't get one of your boys to go to The Roots with you, you need some new friends.

Social Distortion - HOB Anahem
11/21/07 - pit status
304028240.jpg
HOB - Anaheim 01/27/08
my cousin's wife "talked" to the security guy to get us in the friends and family loge section.
304028242.jpg

my favorite band
such fun shows...
-J-

Best by far was Stephen Marley, the energy was
eek.gif
...plus me and my dude (nh) was gone off that
pimp.gif

edit: lookin back makes me
laugh.gif
i just remember just bein so chill and vibin for all 2 hours and change of the show

dude next to me snuck a L of some skunk smellin @+%% that was
sick.gif
smokin.gif

he passed it to me, i checked to make sure he didnt have no lip s___ word to how high
laugh.gif

top 5 nights of my life

...never really been to a bad show

JBug...i'm kickin myself for not going to any of the HOB shows...but Social D plays Street Scene every year anyway so i'll catch them here
laugh.gif

Too hard to pick a rock show that's the best.

Best Hip Hop show, hands down, is The Roots.

Worst:
Lupe Fiasco - Showed up 3 hours late and the theater the show was in was hot as hell. Water bottles were $4 and I probably had 7 or 8.

i took my girl to see robin thicke a few months ago...it was mad snow bunnies in the building
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

best show i've seen tho is the wu, rza wasn't there but it was live, gza did a tribute to odb & meth was everywhere overall it was just a greatshow

Originally Posted by dgk3188

The Game-this was like a week after The Documentary dropped...show was pretty good but short....there was some "bloods" in the audience that kept yelling brrraaaaatttt all the time...someone throw a lit blunt on stage and game picked it up and puffed on it and said "someone cant roll for !@%%"

Wu-Tang- AMAZING show....my ears were ringing for like 2 days and my voice was gone....only bad thing is the Wu had everybody waiting for like 3 hrs+.

Nas- great show too....Nas is a good performer and really gets the crowd into it....i swear he did like every song that night.

The Roots are coming to House of Blues in Orlando on March 8th...only thing is that im the only one i know that likes The Roots...i never been to a show alone...but i've heard they put on amazing shows...anyone been alone? would you recommend seeing them?

man if they even remotely enjoy hip hop in any shape, form or fashion, they will enjoy the roots.

Lupe Fiasco - Showed up 3 hours late and the theater the show was in was hot as hell. Water bottles were $4 and I probably had 7 or 8.
He showed up two hours late a couple years back right after F&L came out...I was waitin in the rain for a hot one
indifferent.gif

best was Lupe....he was opening for Twista
sick.gif

the worst was T.I.....did half !$% renditions of his hits and then he threated to kill us for throwning water at him.
I honestly thought he was thirsty.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by iHust1e

best was Lupe....he was opening for Twista
sick.gif

the worst was T.I.....did half !$% renditions of his hits and then he threated to kill us for throwning water at him.
I honestly thought he was thirsty.
frown.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Rock the bells in SF was the best show I have been to....and really the only REAL one haha....I've seen Afroman, E-40, and a few others perform which wereaite haha

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Rock the bells in SF was the best show I have been to....and really the only REAL one haha....I've seen Afroman, E-40, and a few others perform which were aite haha

i was about to go to that but i didnt want to have to go through that rock the bells shhhhh. standing for 10 hours straight is a no go for me
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ShaolinSwordz32

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Rock the bells in SF was the best show I have been to....and really the only REAL one haha....I've seen Afroman, E-40, and a few others perform which were aite haha

i was about to go to that but i didnt want to have to go through that rock the bells shhhhh. standing for 10 hours straight is a no go for me
smh.gif
Dawg you got no idea
laugh.gif
. I had no food...no drinks....and at first I didn't want to leave because I didn't wanna lose my spot....then ICOULDN'T leave because I could barely move
laugh.gif
. @%+! was crazy but well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom