Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Kim :pimp:

Is it me or is this season not focused on Jimmy? :lol:

S1 truly called for Saul because it not only established the series away from being a BB spinoff, but also allowed people who haven't watched BB to start without confusion. So far, season 2 is diving into the supporting cast which is not only refreshing, but also makes for great episodes. Everyone connected to Jimmy has their own issues going on.

Last edited:

Kim 
pimp.gif

Is it me or is this season not focused on Jimmy? 
laugh.gif
S1 truly called for Saul because it not only established the series away from being a 'BB spinoff, but also allowed people who haven't watched BB to start without confusion. So far, season 2 is diving into the supporting cast which is not only refreshing, but also makes for great episodes. Everyone connected to Jimmy has their own issues going on.
I love how giving perspective only complicates things. They actually take the time to flesh out characters and give them real motivations that you can't really be upset at. All while our protagonist is running around like a mad man making bad decisions. Once again puts us in a position where the people around him, a lot of the time, are right with their advice to button it up; but you also can't help but cheer on his antics.

So many parallels to Breaking Bad in the storytelling.

And don't get me started on Mike's storyline. Right now I'm more compelled with the B story than Saul as the main storyline. Can't wait until both stories intersect. All this groundwork with the characters is getting me excited for what's to come. The stakes continue to rise.

Last edited:
Agree mikes story is more compelling.. I just need to know what finally causes jimmy to snap and cut off Chuck

Kim Wexler 
nthat.gif

I think Kim is starting to get that Chuck really is the one pulling the strings at HHM.

Salamanca Sr. ...I still remember that quote from the flash back to Tuco's childhood in BB: "Sud-Americanos...sucia sucia gente."

Great episode as always.

Chuck's stone face after his joke failed was too funny :lol:

The similarities to Breaking Bad are pretty awesome. The stakes are a lot lower in Saul's case but still. You could see it in the bathroom scene. He has an amazing job, great money, the girlfriend he was chasing after most of the first season. It's one thing to break the rules to claw your way out of the bottom. He literally has no reason to break the rules and jeopardize his career at this point. He's just chasing the thrill.

its clear chuck jealous of jimmy. probably always had been. Jimmy has that light, that people like. That attracts them. Chuck probably saw that growing up. Struggled to get friends while everyone likes jimmy and laughs at his jokes. Jimmy could be the fun one, but when chuck tried to do they same, he's looked at as a try hard. See, dinner scene.

did jimmy steal from dad? idk, but i do feel like there's more to it. We've never seen him be full out malicious. I mean he did have a quesionable past, but it's never appeared like his heart was dark enough to steal from family.

jimmy no doubt smashed wifey doh. thats a given. lol.

mike is on the hook now.

yea chuck knew jimmy was gonna outshine him at the dinner, thats why he made that **** about pulling on the ear as a signal to end it early

he thought she was on his playbook, thats why all throughout the dinner he was tuggin on his earlobe 
laugh.gif

its clear chuck jealous of jimmy. probably always had been. Jimmy has that light, that people like. That attracts them. Chuck probably saw that growing up. Struggled to get friends while everyone likes jimmy and laughs at his jokes. Jimmy could be the fun one, but when chuck tried to do they same, he's looked at as a try hard. See, dinner scene.

did jimmy steal from dad? idk, but i do feel like there's more to it. We've never seen him be full out malicious. I mean he did have a quesionable past, but it's never appeared like his heart was dark enough to steal from family.

mike is on the hook now.

My thoughts exactly

Rebecca is the type of chick I wanna smash but I don't know why.

She is one of the most basic chick I have ever seen, borderline kinda ugly, but I got this urge to put post it notes on her yambs, talking about all the savagery I'm going to do to them

That's Joan and John Cusak's sister. Didn't know they had another sibling who's an actor.

She's been in a bunch of movies and shows.
Wow she looks nothing like them.

It probably wasn't malicious. I'm sure Jimmy rationalized how it wasn't stealing but borrowing from dad and he'd pay him back eventually. A dude like Jimmy would paint anyway not to come off as the bad guy. Probably reasoned that he'd inherit the shop anyway so it was more like spending his own money.
:lol: How is this not full out malicious?

Based on the pic that someone posted here earlier that the song chuck was playing a few episodes back was about a brother who had an affair with his wife I'm guessing that is why chuck doesn't like him.

Also I think in the preview those boots were the cartel twins who almost killed Hank. i guess mike agrees and the cartel sends out a hit on nacho. I hope not though I want to see more of him

Based on the pic that someone posted here earlier that the song chuck was playing a few episodes back was about a brother who had an affair with his wife I'm guessing that is why chuck doesn't like him.

Also I think in the preview those boots were the cartel twins who almost killed Hank. i guess mike agrees and the cartel sends out a hit on nacho. I hope not though I want to see more of him
If Jimmy smashed Chuck's wife I don't know why he ***** with him at all. Why wouldn't Chuck just disown dude.

To me that crosses the line of being a good person that Chuck keeps saying he is.

Looks like nacho is gonna get done real soon. Was hoping he would stay around longer.

Last edited:

mike is on the hook now.

I think there's more to the story also. Jimmy is a lot of things, even when he became Saul, but an outright thief? Eh, I don't know if I believe that. It explains why Chuck has a dislike for him but maybe it's a bit of an exaggeration because of the jealousy. I think Chuck is a big ******* phony, so I'm not the best to judge this subject.

Last edited:

mike is on the hook now.

I think there's more to the story also. Jimmy is a lot of things, even when he became Saul, but an outright thief? Eh, I don't know if I believe that. It explains why Chuck has a dislike for him but maybe it's a bit of an exaggeration because of the jealousy. I think Chuck is a big ******* phony, so I'm not the best to judge this subject.

exactly. Jimmy down to turn a million back into the authorities, but he's down to steal 13 grand from pops? nah

She is one of the most basic chick I have ever seen, borderline kinda ugly, but I got this urge to put post it notes on her yambs, talking about all the savagery I'm going to do to them

That's Joan and John Cusak's sister. Didn't know they had another sibling who's an actor.

By bad brahs, Rebecca (Chuck's wife) can get some of dis explited moms actions too.

But I meant to say Erin. I wanna do the most savage things to her pudgy overly ethical self

By bad brahs, Rebecca (Chuck's wife) can get some of dis explited moms actions too.

But I meant to say Erin. I wanna do the most savage things to her pudgy overly ethical self

https://www.instagram.com/jennisennis/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/jennisennis/?hl=en

View media item 1769925

mike is on the hook now.

exactly. Jimmy down to turn a million back into the authorities, but he's down to steal 13 grand from pops? nah
I imagine it wasn't 14k all at once but over time little chunks here and there.

Then like Chuck says after coming back from college he discovers the theft checking the books.

I knew who you were talking about but I didn't know her name either.

Had the same person in mind, just the wrong name.

Makes sense she aint related to the Cusacks though :lol:

Last edited:

Then like Chuck says after coming back from college he discovers the theft checking the books.

It's BS.

Jimmy didn't steal that money, it could have easily been his father was giving money to somebody, or helping someone out, or the mom coulda been dipping, or the dad had a gambling problem, etc etc with the reasons for the missing 14K.

Jimmy is a lot of things, but stealing from his own people? Naw. He has a lot of grey area, but not when it comes to the ethics of the people he cares about. We've seen enough of him to know by now. His friend he ran scams with, Kim, Chuck, Walt, Jesse, Mike, he doesn't take from them, I don't see him taking from his own father.

Chuck is a flat out hater on anything having to do with his brother, that's who Chuck is, we've seen it all along. What he said goes against what we know about Jimmy. The simpler explanation is Chuck is full of *** anytime he talks about Jimmy in any capacity. Taking his word is foolish.

It's BS.

Jimmy didn't steal that money, it could have easily been his father was giving money to somebody, or helping someone out, or the mom coulda been dipping, or the dad had a gambling problem, etc etc with the reasons for the missing 14K.

Jimmy is a lot of things, but stealing from his own people? Naw. He has a lot of grey area, but not when it comes to the ethics of the people he cares about. We've seen enough of him to know by now. His friend he ran scams with, Kim, Chuck, Walt, Jesse, Mike, he doesn't take from them, I don't see him taking from his own father.

Chuck is a flat out hater on anything having to do with his brother, that's who Chuck is, we've seen it all along. What he said goes against what we know about Jimmy. The simpler explanation is Chuck is full of *** anytime he talks about Jimmy in any capacity. Taking his word is foolish.
Like I said I'm sure Jimmy didn't see it as stealing.

From everything I saw dude do up to now. Takin money from his dad's shop doesn't seem unlikely to me.

Also what you mean the ethics of the ppl he cares about? :lol: You saying that one ep removed from him screwing over Kim.

You going hard on this Chuck is lying angle like we talking about a guy we know isn't a criminal. That's not Jimmy.

Last edited:
He didn't screw over Kim. She had NOTHING to do with what he was doing. He was trying to impress her by making her think he was kickin ***, he wasn't tryin to get over on her, or take money out her pocket.

If you think he stole 14K from his dad, you're completely misreading Jimmy and falling for Chuck's bull ****. Which doesn't surprise me one bit. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom