Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Somebody gotta say it.

Lalo pulling out the vlog to record all that, really is the most corny part of the whole series.

I'm like c'mon bruh, you done played all this chess, lookin like a top 3 all time villain, to goin out like that?

Nah bruh

I’m guessing he’s wanting to show his reasoning of killing him being that it was the Don’s biggest earnings and favorite. Have proof to give to the Don.

Exactly. Lalo needed to provide proof to Don Eladio before being able to kill Gus who's the cartel's biggest earner. Although he told Hector he was going to kill him without the proof, it was all a ploy as we've come to find out. It might seem corny, but Lalo needed that evidence. He was literally salivating at the thought of bringing Gus to Don Eladio so they can skin him alive.

Somebody gotta say it.

Lalo pulling out the vlog to record all that, really is the most corny part of the whole series.

I'm like c'mon bruh, you done played all this chess, lookin like a top 3 all time villain, to goin out like that?

Nah bruh
His tio told him he needed PROOF! EVIDENCE!

Still corny.

A killer of that magnitude don't/shouldn't go out like, imo

He could of killed Gus and recorded all that other sht while Gus was dead.
When going after a killer of Gus's magnitude that's definitely how he deserved to go.

He got arrogant... thought he had the upperhand when everything, up until the point Gus cut the power, went exactly how he had planned it.... that Gus and his men went back to the laundromat... and that he was able to kill all his men. He prob figured that Mike would eventually get there, but he had time. He wanted to rub it into Gus' face and share the moment with Hector. I felt that it was understandable and made sense.

I believe it’s a mixture of both. Arrogance and proof needing to show the Don. Rules.

We witness the importance of proof with Nacho.

I doubt the Don is going to want to hear Gus being shot by Labo before seeing all the laundromat stuff.

Perhaps he would of been okay with it.

Could all of that not been proven if he killed Gus as he was being let down and shown the lab?
Could it, yes. Problem is, this is a prequel that fills in the blanks for things we already know from Breaking Bad, that Gus is alive and the only Salamancas left are Hector, Tuco and the twins. Lalo is already dead so the situation in Better Call Saul can only go one way.

Same with Kim Wexler, we don’t know what happens to her yet, but we do know that she’s not in Breaking Bad at all so everyone’s coming up with theories before the truth is revealed.

yea i thought Gus knocking the lights out and them exchanging gunfire in the dark was kinda weak but whatever.

At least they showed us when Gus hid the gun a few episodes back and it wasn't something out the blue.

Could've been worse. They could've got into a fighting scene and both wrestle each other for the gun only for Gus to find a brick near by and hit lalo over the head with it :lol:

Lol I get that.

My point is that we all knew lalo was gon die, but to go out goofy like that wasn’t fly to me.

Y’all seem to like it though, so carry on lol
I think it was proper. Both he and Gus did all those calculations but it all came down to a dice roll quick draw and Gus came out on top. They exchanged fire, just happened that Gus was a better shot.

Lalo was outsmarting Gus in every scenario. It wasn’t until Gus broke protocol and took a chance that he found Lalo and got hella lucky.

I think Lalo was actually right to "let his guard down" a lil. He wanted to record every detail for proof, but the big moment, the KEY moment, was when Gus went off on the Don himself. Lalo WANTED that type of reaction on the camera. Which makes Gus EQUALLY brilliant. Gus played off of Lalo's lone weakness, wanting to show the Don he was right all along.

There's nothing else Gus could of said/done that would held Lalo up.

Seems to be a very realistic reaction and gun exchange.
not disputing that. it's just something ive seen countless of times.

not a big deal to me. I kinda saw it going that way. just like the dude with the axe. had the upper hand on Lalo but decided to talk for too long and Lalo ends up killing him :lol:

I'm surprised Gus didn't reprimand Mike for not having anyone watching Jimmy and Kim's place when Lalo showed up. If Mike and his guys are on point its Lalo on the floor instead of Howard and Gus never gets shot.

I'm surprised Gus didn't reprimand Mike for not having anyone watching Jimmy and Kim's place when Lalo showed up. If Mike and his guys are on point its Lalo on the floor instead of Howard and Gus never gets shot.

This was also explained. Mike told Gus that he was the primary target and that he would take his guys off Jimmy and allocate more guys towards protecting Gus.

Love the writing on this show man. Lalo is one of the scariest, intelligent, strategic villains yet completely sociopathic and unhinged. So much so a long *** dialogue before killing his biggest foe makes complete sense.

Back
Top Bottom