Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Enjoyed the finale.

The time machine discussion flashbacks with Mike and Walt where both of them said they would use it to correct some regrets they had in their lives while Saul's response was to use it for selfish and frivolous things like becoming a billionaire

This is juxtaposed near the end of the episode where Saul used a time machine so to speak to go back and recant his previous testimony to make himself fully culpable in the shenanigans he has done in hopes of exonerating Kim from facing a civil suit or worse prison time.

The flashbacks with Mike and Walt were a nice tool to show Saul's growth. He was only looking out for himself in those scenarios but coming clean at the end knowing it would likely mean he would spend the rest of his life in prison to try save someone he loved and cared about was well done.

The finale did a good job as well of showing how talented Saul was at beating the system. The fact that he was initially only going to serve 7 years for all the foolishness he was involved in was some A1 sorcery. :lol:

The part at the end of his testimony where he says he wished he tried harder at building a genuine relationship with Chuck then the very next scene is a flashback of he and Chuck where Chuck seems to genuinely trying to connect with him was sad. Saul had all that animosity built up against Chuck (which was understandable) that wouldn't let him open up to Chuck on a deeper level.

I like the callback to Saul and Kim having a smoke break like they use to do when they were thuggin' it out at HHM. Then the pistols he gave her as she was leaving.

Overall GOODT! finale and very GOODT! series.

They CRUSHED this landing. Absolutely brilliant close.

Bringing Marie back. :wow: I wonder if Skylar didn't want to cameo cuz she hates us. :lol:

Excellent callbacks and loved that Jimmy owned up to it.

They let Mike say good bye, Walt, Chuck, even Kim got to be a lawyer again. :pimp:

7 to 86 :rofl: :rofl:

Lol my boy Jimmy bout to be running the yard, he the man in that ***** :lol::lol:

I don’t have much else to say about this episode, it was kinda weird and felt incomplete but whatever, I’m not tripping. We had a great run 7+years of watching this show

How tf people not liking this finale? The hell you thought was going to happen? Look, Walter White died how he was always going to die once he started cooking, and Saul's story ended the way it was always going to end once he committed to being a criminal... lawyer.

This was INSANELY consistent. Bro was done scheming. Like Walter White said, 'So you've always been like this.' Saul was out in the desert with Mike, scheming how to split the money they were transporting. He's always been scheming. Bro even screamed his plea deal down to 7 years and Blue Bell mint ice cream.

DONE. Bro was done, and now he'll die in prison which was always going to be the case, consistent with how Walter White died the way he was always going to die once he got cancer.

Loved it.

-foe

FaQGDpKXoAIqzIt.jpg

Still processing it all, but I thought it was a fantastic ending... a fitting ending.
It would have been very unreasonable to have expected to see Saul get away. And it was nice to see Saul go full-circle back to being Jimmy. I thought the use of those flashbacks to be a great way of show the mindset of the characters and how they've evolved. And the earlier flashback with Walt and Jesse proved to be a key part of his plea-deal... brilliant.

I don't know anything about the law, but how TF did he get it down to 7 years?! 😂

And we didn't get the commercials... what's this about 2 new shows???

Anyway... still more to process, but I hope this thread stays active for when we all do our rewatches.
animation - 2022-08-15T012812.086.gif

Walt on his regrets...
1660644908339.jpeg

1660644928457.png

Also, when in the BB timeline did that Walt/Saul scene take place? 🤔

Last edited:
jimmy McGILL got it down to 7 because hes right! they can't time him to any murders.....hank/gomey are the 2 that govt cares most about and 5% chance a jury would convict him of that.

the money aspect is all they had.....morally he deserves time.....but legally he def could have won a jury over......defending himself??? sure

the thing that would be hard for him is jury of his peers, in Alburquerque? they would look at him is the cheep sleazy lawyer....

How tf people not liking this finale? The hell you thought was going to happen? Look, Walter White died how he was always going to die, and Saul's story ended the way it was always going to end.

This was INSANELY consistent. Bro was done scheming. Like Walter White said, 'So you've always been like this.' Saul was out in the desert with Mike, scheming how to split the money they were transporting. He's always been scheming. Bro even screamed his plea deal down to 7 years and Blue Bell mint ice cream.

DONE. Bro was done, and now he'll die in prison which was always going to be the case, consistent with how Walter White died the way he was always going to die once he got cancer.

Loved it.

-foe
You keep saying Walter was always going to die the way he did.

Walter died from a gun shot wound when he killed those bike nazis. Not from cancer. He wasn't always going to die that way.

He stopped getting treatment so yes he was going to die but it didn't have to be that way at all.

So in comparison' Saul's fate was not always going to be like this. They went out of their way to show well in to being a grown man Saul was a selfish prick good enough at what he does to work the system in to only serving 7 years. The scenes with Mike and Walt and then saving Kim directly show his growth. He chose to get 86 years. Showing that the ways things were going to end weren't always going to be that way.

Its the exact opposite of consistent when it comes to Jimmy/Saul.

Also Jesse's story concluding that way was always bull ****.

Walt on his regrets...
1660644908339.jpeg

1660644928457.png

Also, when in the BB timeline did that Walt/Saul scene take place? 🤔
You forget? This was right after Hank and Gomey died.

They both called the vacuum guy. He hid them until he could find new identities for them. Walt went through with it. Saul chose Nebraska. Its why he still had the number and was gonna call in the dumpster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom