Better Ingredients. Better Pizza. Racist Cashiers. Papa John's

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by scshift

I could care less. Whether or not they write it on the receipt, if they're thinking it, they're thinking it. I'm not going to go out of my way cause someone labels me a certain way.

Of all the things people could complain about, they want to whine when someone else who they'll probably never see again in their life drops an insult. I'm not saying don't stand up for yourself, but you'd be a fool if you thought other people weren't thinking something similar or labeling you
eyes.gif
You could care less? Or couldn't care less?
laugh.gif

Sorry but you sound ignorant and immature about this one, there's something you don't do as a business, and that's BLATANT disregard and disrespect for your customers. Of all the things people could complain about? Are you kidding? I don't care if people label people in their heads, to put that on the receipt is downright disrespectful.
this
its a dam business that makes it even worse only an idiot would get blatantly disrespected and let it slide

I could care less. Whether or not they write it on the receipt, if they're thinking it, they're thinking it. I'm not going to go out of my way cause someone labels me a certain way.

Of all the things people could complain about, they want to whine when someone else who they'll probably never see again in their life drops an insult. I'm not saying don't stand up for yourself, but you'd be a fool if you thought other people weren't thinking something similar or labeling you
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry but you sound ignorant and immature about this one, there's something you don't do as a business, and that's BLATANT disregard and disrespect for your customers. Of all the things people could complain about? Are you kidding? I don't care if people label people in their heads, to put that on the receipt is downright disrespectful.

I meant I couldn't care less
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I would never write something like that in real life. I don't even think like that. But I'm not talking about how a business should act, I'm talking about how I as a customer would act. I'm not going to the restaurant to make friends, I'm not going there so people can like me. I'm getting my product and getting out. It's not even like they're insulting me to my face. They're writing little cheeky remarks down on a receipt which 90% of the time I'd fold up and never look at again.

Yes, I realize it is disrespectful. So are a lot of things that happen on a day to day basis. Yesterday, an older woman looked me right in the eye and slammed a door on me. I could have given her a verbal beating. Demanded that she hold the door for me. Show me some respect. But I didn't care that much. I opened the door and never thought about it again until now.

This cashier is just some clueless, racist chump out of a million. He's nothing but a cog in a machine. If he was my carpenter, or the guy who does my lawn, yes, I would care. He's not. He's just some bigot who managed to land a minimum wage job where he can entertain himself by labeling people clever little names. Good for him. I'm not even going to acknowledge his remarks. Give me my pizza and I'm out of there, on my way to better things.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

this
its a dam business that makes it even worse only an idiot would get blatantly disrespected and let it slide

An idiot?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do you realize people do this for attention? I don't need to confront anyone about this. I'm not going to do a cashier a favor and give him a life lesson on how being racist to your customers is bad business. I'll let someone else punch him in the face. I'm in there for like what, 4 minutes? I grab my pizza and I'm on my way.

If some scrawny, frail kid tells you you're weak as hell at the gym, are you going to beat him up? No, because you know his opinion isn't worth a penny and you're already doing better than him. Are you telling me you can't do better than a racist cashier at a fast food joint? (I have nothing against fast food workers, but I'm guessing everyone here really doesn't care about them). Exactly. Move on with your life. If you want to keep bickering with him and berating him, do that. Or you could do something more productive than schooling someone who obviously isn't worth your time.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I meant I couldn't care less
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I would never write something like that in real life. I don't even think like that. But I'm not talking about how a business should act, I'm talking about how I as a customer would act. I'm not going to the restaurant to make friends, I'm not going there so people can like me. I'm getting my product and getting out. It's not even like they're insulting me to my face. They're writing little cheeky remarks down on a receipt which 90% of the time I'd fold up and never look at again.

Yes, I realize it is disrespectful. So are a lot of things that happen on a day to day basis. Yesterday, an older woman looked me right in the eye and slammed a door on me. I could have given her a verbal beating. Demanded that she hold the door for me. Show me some respect. But I didn't care that much. I opened the door and never thought about it again until now.

This cashier is just some clueless, racist chump out of a million. He's nothing but a cog in a machine. If he was my carpenter, or the guy who does my lawn, yes, I would care. He's not. He's just some bigot who managed to land a minimum wage job where he can entertain himself by labeling people clever little names. Good for him. I'm not even going to acknowledge his remarks. Give me my pizza and I'm out of there, on my way to better things.
So let me ask you, you say you just get your pizza and leave... After finding something like this, would you eat here again? And if so, would you bring this receipt up to management? 

So let me ask you, you say you just get your pizza and leave... After finding something like this, would you eat here again? And if so, would you bring this receipt up to management?

Of course. If I liked their pizza, I'd get it again and I'd leave.

In the case of the sit-down restaurants, I'd talk to management. When there is someone waiting on you, I think they should treat you with respect. But as a cashier at a fast food place, nope, not at all. He can write all the dumb things he wants about me, call me every single racist name in the book. If that happened and I was really that lucky as to have the same cashier every time, I'd talk to him personally. But honestly I'd probably just put it off and never end up doing it. Like I said, I just want some food. I don't care one bit if that guy respects me or not. I don't respect him, he doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

this

An idiot?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do you realize people do this for attention? I don't need to confront anyone about this. I'm not going to do a cashier a favor and give him a life lesson on how being racist to your customers is bad business. I'll let someone else punch him in the face. I'm in there for like what, 4 minutes? I grab my pizza and I'm on my way.

If some scrawny, frail kid tells you you're weak as hell at the gym, are you going to beat him up? No, because you know his opinion isn't worth a penny and you're already doing better than him. Are you telling me you can't do better than a racist cashier at a fast food joint? (I have nothing against fast food workers, but I'm guessing everyone here really doesn't care about them). Exactly. Move on with your life. If you want to keep bickering with him and berating him, do that. Or you could do something more productive than schooling someone who obviously isn't worth your time.

if a scrawny frail kid person says something racist to me yes ill beat him up
indifferent.gif

calling me weak isnt the same thing as being racist

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Funniest part is, there's a Papa John's ad above this thread for me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's because of the title in the thread.
The blatant irony of that is the real funny part. 

Originally Posted by Prada G

Originally Posted by EMkicks

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I ain't ever eating at Papa Johns ever again
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
You made this decision based off the actions of one person?
I only eat PJ's when I have to. Authentic pizza FTW.
I wish I could find an authentic place in the 916 or in and around the LBC
ohwell.gif

Of course. If I liked their pizza, I'd get it again and I'd leave.

In the case of the sit-down restaurants, I'd talk to management. When there is someone waiting on you, I think they should treat you with respect. But as a cashier at a fast food place, nope, not at all. He can write all the dumb things he wants about me, call me every single racist name in the book. If that happened and I was really that lucky as to have the same cashier every time, I'd talk to him personally. But honestly I'd probably just put it off and never end up doing it. Like I said, I just want some food. I don't care one bit if that guy respects me or not. I don't respect him, he doesn't matter.
Wut
laugh.gif

So you'd accept blatant disrespect as long as he was just the cashier? Why not do something about that? Those folks don't deserve that job, as there are plenty of hard working, respectful people without jobs. Besides, if that cashier did that more than once, he'd have a pizza slicer through his scalp.

when I worked there back in the day we would put comments in the computer but they didn;t show up on the recipt..mostly it was for the drivers on who tipped and who didn't so they knew which orders to take and what to let sit around awhile 
laugh.gif

Wut
laugh.gif

So you'd accept blatant disrespect as long as he was just the cashier? Why not do something about that? Those folks don't deserve that job, as there are plenty of hard working, respectful people without jobs. Besides, if that cashier did that more than once, he'd have a pizza slicer through his scalp.

Fair enough.

I really hate wasting time making a big deal out of things. All I want is my food. I'm not even sitting down. Yes, the guy is a prick, and he doesn't deserve the job, but it's so much effort to hunt him down.

I've never been in that situation though. I'm sure if it did happen to me, I'd brush it off. Maybe I'd report it. If I was bored and wanted to get that guy out of there I'd do it. But if I didn't have any time, I'm not going out of my way to get him back.

i haven't read through the thread... but when you look at the stack of bartenders slips and the names applied to them, this doesn't bother... ignorant yes, but people remember people by physical characteristics in short term meeting situations...

Back
Top Bottom