Big Brake Kit for my car

Hey, what's going on guys? I have on the OEM tires and rims for my car (08' Acura TL) and I was wondering if I could put on a Big Brake Kit. Would my OEM rims have enough clearance? Also I don't know if i should get brembos or not. Would it make sense? 

Can you guys recommend me a good place to get a big brake kit for a decen price? I'm not trying to spend an arm and a leg. 

Thanks!!

Bro Id upgrade the rims and tires before Id go in on BBKs. Those can run up to $2k. But to answer your question, I dont think so. I think youll need to upgrade your wheels if you want a kit.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Hey, what's going on guys? I have on the OEM tires and rims for my car (08' Acura TL) and I was wondering if I could put on a Big Brake Kit. Would my OEM rims have enough clearance? Also I don't know if i should get brembos or not. Would it make sense? 

Can you guys recommend me a good place to get a big brake kit for a decen price? I'm not trying to spend an arm and a leg. 

Thanks!!
check out car forums for your specific model car.  i'm sure a quick google search can yield you results for which kits would fit your stock rims.

really depends on which brake kit you want and what size wheels you have.

B5's for example:
332mm will barely fit under a 17" wheel.
350mm will fit under a 18" wheel.

do your research.

If you dont mind me asking... Why are you looking to put a BBK on a FWD 6cyl ?

IMO unless you plan on doing some serious engine mods or racing your car there is absolutley no point. If your only looking to improve the apperance of you car, I suggest cross drilled/slotted rotors and custom painted OEM calipers. It will save you over a grand and you will have a car you can drive comfortably in the city with out the fear of getting rear ended every time you hit the brakes.

the TL-S Brembo brakes fit all Acura TL stock wheels. I would recommend looking into Wilwood BBK if your looking for a decent BBK and it will not cost upwards of $1200+ Let me know if you need more help.

I don't know how much BBK are for Acura's, but a full BBK for BMW's are 6K minimum. It also seems that you're getting them more for looks instead of functionality. Whether they clear your wheels depends on what size you get. A couple of good companies for BBK's are wilwood, Stoptech and Brembo.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

IMO unless you plan on doing some serious engine mods or racing your car there is absolutley no point. If your only looking to improve the apperance of you car, I suggest cross drilled/slotted rotors and custom painted OEM calipers. It will save you over a grand and you will have a car you can drive comfortably in the city with out the fear of getting rear ended every time you hit the brakes.
Well, because usually when I'm making a hard stop I can't seem to stop right away. There's always some sort of delay I feel the tires rubbing onto the ground. I figure the BBK would stop that. 

Well, because usually when I'm making a hard stop I can't seem to stop right away. There's always some sort of delay I feel the tires rubbing onto the ground. I figure the BBK would stop that. 
You can just get better rotors and pads.A BBK would help, but are overkill since you're not going to track your car. 

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

You can just get better rotors and pads.A BBK would help, but are overkill since you're not going to track your car. 
Can you recommend me a good pair for my car? I have the auto TL. 
I don't race or anything, but I do drive pretty fast sometimes and out of no where I see traffic and I have to make a hard brake. I kind of also want the calipers that has the Acura logo on it
laugh.gif

Like this

scaled.php

Maybe you need to upgrade to a better performance tires.. try that before spending big $ on BBK.

nycknicks105 wrote:
dankenstien88 wrote:

If that is the case please do yourself and everyone else on the road a favor and DO NOT get a BBK. It will only make this problem worse, not to mention you will spend a TON on tires.

Tire slide occurs when the brakes stop the wheels from spinning, but the momentum of the car is so great it can not stop. If you are already experiencing this it sounds like your brakes are already good enough(or even too good), you just dont hit them in time.

Yeah, definitely sounds like tyres are the way to go - they make a huge difference to how you stop.

That and pay more attention so traffic doesn't come "out of no where".

Can you recommend me a good pair for my car? I have the auto TL. 
I don't race or anything, but I do drive pretty fast sometimes and out of no where I see traffic and I have to make a hard brake. I kind of also want the calipers that has the Acura logo on it
laugh.gif

Like this
learn-2-drive-handbook.jpg

I think you should take one of these^

Bro I own an 07 typeS and when it came time to replace my brakes I was really wishing I had regular brakes, bro 700$ for new brakes
sick.gif

My buddy got a Brembo BBK for his IS300, but first he upgraded to BBS wheels and Bridgestone Potenzas... Do wheels and tires first. Also, if you're not upgrading your pads, lines, and fluid first, you're doing it wrong.

you doing it for the look OP
grin.gif

just do what finnns said pads, lines and fluid first.

@ksteezy, damn papi $700? I gotta replace mine (08 altima), hope its no where near that

This.

Also i think you need to learn how to drive better because from your comments it seems like you just got your license.

laugh.gif
I know how to drive guys, been driving for 9 years now. I might be explaining my problem wrong.

Sometimes when I'm on the road, it'll be clear as day and then out of no where there will be traffic. I just want brakes that will stop quickly instead of a delay. That's usually what I experience the most. And yeah, I also think having the cross slotted drilled rotors with the big calipers look good
laugh.gif

The biggest delay in your braking system is you not paying attention.

laugh.gif
I know how to drive guys, been driving for 9 years now. I might be explaining my problem wrong.

Sometimes when I'm on the road, it'll be clear as day and then out of no where there will be traffic. I just want brakes that will stop quickly instead of a delay. That's usually what I experience the most. And yeah, I also think having the cross slotted drilled rotors with the big calipers look good
laugh.gif

Bruh...I hate to seem like a jerk... but...  If thats happening to you regularly,  it really just sounds like you just need to slow down and pay more attention on the road.  All a BBK will do for you in that situation is increase the chance of your wheels locking up, but your car will still slide forward. 

Remember, perception time is the three-quarters of a second it takes for you to realize that you need to brake. Reaction time is the three-quarters of a second it takes to move your foot to the brake pedal. When you combine perception and reaction time, a full 132 feet will pass before your car even begins to slow down from 60 mph. So from the time you perceive a braking situation until the time your car comes to a complete stop, a total of 4.6 seconds elapses. During that time your car travels — it bears repeating — a total of more than 270 feet. That's almost the length of a football field. Of course, the faster you go, the more time and distance it takes to stop.

Back
Top Bottom