Biggest compromise you ever made?

Back in my senior year of high school I started messing with this private catholic school chick who lived in my neighborhood but in a much bigger house. It never went beyond "messing around" at her house when her parents were away though because she said she couldn't be seen with me. When I asked her why she said that I dressed too ghetto. I jokingly asked her if she would be my girl if I changed my style. She giggled but gave me that look, as if to say yes. The next day I went straight to Abercrombie & Fitch and copped some new threads. Distressed carpenter jeans, long sleeved striped rugby polos, yellow rain coat, all that hot ****. I mean, it wasn't like I was wearing something I didn't like. I just had to ditch the Phat Farm naw mean. She started to take me more seriously and we even went out on some dates. Never did meet her parents though. Never got to hit it either... we basically just watched movies and made out. I stuck with the Abercrombie heavy for a few years though hoping to scoop another girl of her ilk.

i found a chick that i really vibed with, no kids, ambitious, and most importantly gives me my space and lets me do me.
i was also ready to settle down and stop chasing these birds. i had a lot of meaningless fun in my 20's and became jaded by it all.
i also realized the older you get the slimmer the pickings are and the only chicks left all have kids and a lot of baggage. luckily my chick doesn't have either

it's a compromise because im building something real with my lady and honestly every decision i make now has to be filtered through how it will affect me, my lady, and our relationship. imo that's what is needed for a healthy relationship and when you do that, everything becomes a compromise.

Not ready to be trapped by a chick yet. Still doing me. Living for me and no one else.

Back
Top Bottom