Bike Riding reemerging trend?

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

It's not even the gas it's just that it's getting close to summer. I know this happens every single year in San Jose.
Nothing like cruising with some homies around midnight 
pimp.gif

Hell yeah, it feels great. There are probably going to be more bike parties since Music in the Park was shut down. That sucks. Music was ok I guess. I just went to chill.
I rode like 3 bike parties. Not a huge fan of it cause there's hella kids that just ride around recklessly.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Only poor people and hipsters ride bikes.

I hate how bike riders never stop at the stop signs... I damn near hit one everyday.

my bike is $600 dollas
if anything it sounds like you can't afford a $600 dollar bike

I'll give you the 600 just so you cant shut the hell up

@%$@, @%$@... I wipe my @%@ with $600 dollas

$600 ain't @%$@.

but on the reals, you gotta be trollin.
can I have the $600?
nerd.gif

I want to buy a bike for the summer.

I swear every other car over here has a bike rack on their car or something... 
eyes.gif

I'm all for biking, but damn I hate when dudes slow up traffic on a 2 lane road during morning rush hour. You couldn't pick a better time to go for a ride, huh?

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Aluminum stocks are up kinda high for this time of year, so are the Aluminum companies who supply Schwinn. This suggests that there's a trending demand for bikes.

Doesn't explain the steady market flow of plastics and lumber manufacturers (skate boards) or parts for electric buses. Just bikes, something is going on with bikes Summer 2012. There's an unusual spike in activity surrounding them.

laugh.gif

Let me guess... Aliens?

I hate how bike riders never stop at the stop signs... I damn near hit one everyday.

roll.gif
 My road bike was close to 9k and my mountain bike is $3,500 
grin.gif

fixed-bike-track-bike-fixie-bike-fixed-gear-bike-frame-size-50CM-52CM-54CM-56CM-58CM-60CM-XR-R-FX7.jpg

Biking has always and will always be around, esp in so cal...but these are everywhere right now.

I don't think it's a reemerging trend, if you been riding a bike, no matter what style, then you were always riding a bike. Perhaps it's just more visible than it was in previous years. Go figure.

Will be copping a bike soon for leisure rides on the weekends this spring and summer.

#trendfollower

Where do yall live? People ride bikes every damn day around my way.

Anyone recommend me a bike i.e. hybrid or road bike for weekend pier rides and the occasional ride to work and to run errands?

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I'm all for biking, but damn I hate when dudes slow up traffic on a 2 lane road during morning rush hour. You couldn't pick a better time to go for a ride, huh?
It's called "commuting".

Going that route when May hits. I can't bare the gas prices anymore plus it's only 11 miles each way for me.

Originally Posted by quiksilver199

roll.gif
 My road bike was close to 9k and my mountain bike is $3,500 
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Exactly, this dude has no idea what he's talking about.

Biking has always been around. It's just that between rising gas prices and it being the "in" thing for hipsters, it's a lot more prevalent now.

Not even gonna front, as soon as it started getting popular in my city I went and got a single gear bike (had a mountain bike up to that point) because those "hipster" bikes looked cool to me. One of my better decisions to date.

Not only am I in a lot better shape, but I have an excuse to take new routes to places and meet new people. (Met the FINEST girl I've seen this year at a bike shop.. said she like my setup and thought I was reckless for riding without brakes... Talked but didn't have the courage to ask her number though.
frown.gif
)

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

my bike is $600 dollas
if anything it sounds like you can't afford a $600 dollar bike

I'll give you the 600 just so you cant shut the hell up

@%$@, @%$@... I wipe my @%@ with $600 dollas

$600 ain't @%$@.

but on the reals, you gotta be trollin.
Lol. your bike was "$600 dollas"...my wheelset is more than your bike...my front wheel is over half of your bike...
roll.gif
sick.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Copped a Specialized road bike a few summers ago. Usually only break it out for the summer to ride out during the good weather.

Most of my friends also copped bikes so sometimes we just pick a route around NYC and venture off.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by StillIn729

a trend? I don't think it ever left
bikes aren't rollerblades 
laugh.gif

I'm saying. It's a practical, healthy and inexpensive means of entertainment, sport and transportation. They wont be going anywhere for a long time...
This... 
Bought a road bike the day I got fired from my main job so I could take my car off insurance and keep away from these sky high gas prices and Thanks to this thing I can pay rent and I've been benifiting in many ways from biking everywhere.

Only downside is I'm pretty broke and I feel hungrier than usual.

Originally Posted by cameltrophy24

Lol. your bike was "$600 dollas"...my wheelset is more than your bike...my front wheel is over half of your bike...
roll.gif
sick.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
pimp.gif
, I've got than aerospoke in the front & h+son laced to phil wood wheelset

Spoiler [+]
embarassed.gif
, don't jack me bro

trend? i dont think so.
means of transportation with rising gas prices? i think so.

Back
Top Bottom