Bill Of Sale?

Good Afternoon, I'll try to make this as quick as possible....
1. Purchased a car via craigslist

2. Lost title before i registered car into my name(and never had a bill of sale)

3. Keep getting the run around from the previous owner telling me she'll get a new title but its been months

4. Thinking about forging a bill of sale

5. Will this get me a title?? 

just go through dmv and ask og owner to get a duplicate title...cost is around $18-25.00.  takes weeks tho 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by lokiD40

just go through dmv and ask og owner to get a duplicate title...cost is around $18-25.00.  takes weeks tho 
indifferent.gif
nah i cant  get in contact with the old owner..and i already missed out on two days of school...i need that asap...i know some states will let you pass with just a bill of sale.

Originally Posted by Mdotte

2. Lost title before i registered car into my name(and never had a bill of sale)

3. Keep getting the run around from the previous owner telling me she'll get a new title but its been months

I mean if you haven't gotten the title yet, it means that the seller is still liable for the car right?  so if it gets towed or something shes going to be the one who gets charged.  you should make this clear to her and she'll get on it ASAP

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

I mean if you haven't gotten the title yet, it means that the seller is still liable for the car right?  so if it gets towed or something shes going to be the one who gets charged.  you should make this clear to her and she'll get on it ASAP

1. Clean the car top to bottom, inside and out
2. Buy some gloves
3. Find someone that looks like they carry a lot of cash on them
4. Run them over (either kill them or make sure they memorize the license plate)
5. Rob them
6. Park car at original owners house
7. Buy a new car
8. Remember to hold onto the title

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

i had it,but i lost the title...and yeah but no...if it gets towed it doesn't matter because enough days they will put it up for auction,but if the car gets like street tickets it will be in the previous owner's name.

Would not suggest forging a bill of sale, get a hold the previous owner, meet them at the DMV and get the duplicate with them, in case the sale needs to be notarized.

You can def. get away with forging the BOS.. as they dont check that closely.. no title.. diffcult to say.. i'd assume you would need something else from the former owner as well

Originally Posted by Lebronh8er

Would not suggest forging a bill of sale, get a hold the previous owner, meet them at the DMV and get the duplicate with them, in case the sale needs to be notarized.

no good...it's only $5 dollars to get a replacement title at the dmv...she wont even answer countless emails or phone calls for that...smh

Originally Posted by Phen0m

You can def. get away with forging the BOS.. as they dont check that closely.. no title.. diffcult to say.. i'd assume you would need something else from the former owner as well

i may give it a try....im kinda left no choice...and some states allow it...just got to fill out a duplicate title form,and show the bill of sale and ID as proof.

Back
Top Bottom