Bill O'Reilly...tell me you can do better than this... you can't be this stupid...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
threads like this always end the same

What I don't understand about this thread is why there is even a debate?  The questions that O'Reilly is asking are easily explained by Scientists...

And...the fact that anyone from our generation still doesn't understand the difference between "Scientific Theory" and the word "theory" in the colloquial sense just blows my mind...SMH...seriously?

It's 2011...wake up...the debate is over...Humans evolved from lesser life forms...the only thing I can tell people that don't believe this is...if you want to continue to believe that "god" created man...believe that "god" MADE Human Evolution happen if it makes you sleep better at night...

If the sequence is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10..."8" is missing...and, just because you don't see the "8" in the sequence, doesn't mean you can't go from 1 to 10...right???  That is what you are doing if you are arguing against Human Evolution...you can't have it both ways...you can't believe in "some" science...either you believe that Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules come together and form water or you don't...if you believe this, you also believe in the half-life of atoms and thus believe in carbon dating...thus, you believe that we can date and sequence fossil finds of human ancestors...

Obviously this is a very simple view and I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I am a rational and logical human being...

JM

What I don't understand about this thread is why there is even a debate?  The questions that O'Reilly is asking are easily explained by Scientists...

And...the fact that anyone from our generation still doesn't understand the difference between "Scientific Theory" and the word "theory" in the colloquial sense just blows my mind...SMH...seriously?

It's 2011...wake up...the debate is over...Humans evolved from lesser life forms...the only thing I can tell people that don't believe this is...if you want to continue to believe that "god" created man...believe that "god" MADE Human Evolution happen if it makes you sleep better at night...

If the sequence is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10..."8" is missing...and, just because you don't see the "8" in the sequence, doesn't mean you can't go from 1 to 10...right???  That is what you are doing if you are arguing against Human Evolution...you can't have it both ways...you can't believe in "some" science...either you believe that Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules come together and form water or you don't...if you believe this, you also believe in the half-life of atoms and thus believe in carbon dating...thus, you believe that we can date and sequence fossil finds of human ancestors...

Obviously this is a very simple view and I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I am a rational and logical human being...

JM

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

"Stupid" 
Hawking - Oxford

Behe - Penn

O'reilly - Harvard

Dame Theory - ? 

The point is, none of these people are "stupid." Differing opinions on the origin of the universe, earth, species... do not make a person stupid, but rather, differing in their opinions. 
But it's DAME THEORY
laugh.gif
... dude's been on NT a matter of weeks and he's already shown himself to be one of those close minded "What I say or ELSE" type of guys... which is why I don't "debate" with him or people like him in threads like this. They already know what they WANT to hear and what they WANT to be the consensus. It's not a debate when it's like that... it's just preachers and anti-preachers yelling at each other...  as usual.

Rolaholic wrote:
Typical NT athiest thread
30t6p3b.gif

And I don't support Bill O'Reilly at all for the things he says but let people believe what they want to believe. No one's stupid because of what they believe in.

Tell em again Rolaholic
30t6p3b.gif

Its not "What I say goes"
Its HEY GUYS LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE. YOU MIGHT WANT TO ACCEPT IT. 

Plus Murda He, you've already shown yourself to be that which ascribe others to be. I'll find the link to the thread where you STRAIGHT UP ignored the questions I had for you and chose to propagate your own ideas.

jmadidas2001 wrote:

JM

Thank you. 

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

"Stupid" 
Hawking - Oxford

Behe - Penn

O'reilly - Harvard

Dame Theory - ? 

The point is, none of these people are "stupid." Differing opinions on the origin of the universe, earth, species... do not make a person stupid, but rather, differing in their opinions. 
But it's DAME THEORY
laugh.gif
... dude's been on NT a matter of weeks and he's already shown himself to be one of those close minded "What I say or ELSE" type of guys... which is why I don't "debate" with him or people like him in threads like this. They already know what they WANT to hear and what they WANT to be the consensus. It's not a debate when it's like that... it's just preachers and anti-preachers yelling at each other...  as usual.

Rolaholic wrote:
Typical NT athiest thread
30t6p3b.gif

And I don't support Bill O'Reilly at all for the things he says but let people believe what they want to believe. No one's stupid because of what they believe in.

Tell em again Rolaholic
30t6p3b.gif

Its not "What I say goes"
Its HEY GUYS LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE. YOU MIGHT WANT TO ACCEPT IT. 

Plus Murda He, you've already shown yourself to be that which ascribe others to be. I'll find the link to the thread where you STRAIGHT UP ignored the questions I had for you and chose to propagate your own ideas.

jmadidas2001 wrote:

JM

Thank you. 

I don't like O'Reilly 1 bit... But he is a very intelligent guy..

I think he dumbs it down just because he knows that where the money is....

I don't like O'Reilly 1 bit... But he is a very intelligent guy..

I think he dumbs it down just because he knows that where the money is....

I hope you are right, Essential1, because I'd hope no one would be as stupid as what he portrays in that first video!

I hope you are right, Essential1, because I'd hope no one would be as stupid as what he portrays in that first video!

I hate this man BUT in the words of some NT'ers personal message. They say ignorance is bliss..I'm busy counting money how ignorant is this??!?!

I hate this man BUT in the words of some NT'ers personal message. They say ignorance is bliss..I'm busy counting money how ignorant is this??!?!

I believe he believes what he's saying but it's the same all rhetoric. It takes more faith to belief there isn't a higher power than it does to believe in one is the same old nonsense ppl don't even think through when they say it. It does not take faith lack a belief in somethig that there is no evidence for. If this was the case it takes more faith not to belief in unicorns than it does to believe in them. Furthermore, it's not faith to not believe because if you rely on logic, reason, and rational thinking if you go to science which aim is to find the truth and is a self correcting system that will recognize and acknowledge it's faults changing them when necessary to make them work you can see the clear difference in a definition of "faith" compared to those make a claim, never even try to bring forth evidence for it, stand by it stubbornly, and continue to reach with wild ideas and faulty transitions to say something is evidence for their claim.

I like how he simply asked questions though and didn't go deeper than the existence of a GOD. Being a deist is fine. There are scientists that can explain to Bill how gravity works and why the Earth revolves around the Sun and then provide valid theories of how the Moon came to be. Once he goes deeper than deism and in to one of the theistic beliefs that's when it is quite easy to destroy the foundation of his arguments. Cuz the basis have no validity or any reasonable support.

If you want to get in to the infinite regress or the justified true belief issues that's a whole other discussion.

Those two videos are a perfect example of an argument from ignorance. We don't know for a fact how the universe came to be or the Moon or the stars or w/e, science hasn't come up with a clear and definitive answer, so to many an all powerful intelligent being must've done it. It's such a pathetic and deeply flawed stance. Not understanding something does not make it okay to make up fantastical concept from your imagination to justify what you don't understand or can't comprehend.

I believe he believes what he's saying but it's the same all rhetoric. It takes more faith to belief there isn't a higher power than it does to believe in one is the same old nonsense ppl don't even think through when they say it. It does not take faith lack a belief in somethig that there is no evidence for. If this was the case it takes more faith not to belief in unicorns than it does to believe in them. Furthermore, it's not faith to not believe because if you rely on logic, reason, and rational thinking if you go to science which aim is to find the truth and is a self correcting system that will recognize and acknowledge it's faults changing them when necessary to make them work you can see the clear difference in a definition of "faith" compared to those make a claim, never even try to bring forth evidence for it, stand by it stubbornly, and continue to reach with wild ideas and faulty transitions to say something is evidence for their claim.

I like how he simply asked questions though and didn't go deeper than the existence of a GOD. Being a deist is fine. There are scientists that can explain to Bill how gravity works and why the Earth revolves around the Sun and then provide valid theories of how the Moon came to be. Once he goes deeper than deism and in to one of the theistic beliefs that's when it is quite easy to destroy the foundation of his arguments. Cuz the basis have no validity or any reasonable support.

If you want to get in to the infinite regress or the justified true belief issues that's a whole other discussion.

Those two videos are a perfect example of an argument from ignorance. We don't know for a fact how the universe came to be or the Moon or the stars or w/e, science hasn't come up with a clear and definitive answer, so to many an all powerful intelligent being must've done it. It's such a pathetic and deeply flawed stance. Not understanding something does not make it okay to make up fantastical concept from your imagination to justify what you don't understand or can't comprehend.

I do not intend to flame or start an argument but i always wanted to know what do those who do not believe in a god or creation feel happens when you die? i know thats a bit off topic but ive never heard someone touch on it and wanted to see what people think, because those who believe in a god more times than not believe in an afterlife of some sort. just want to see what the other side thinks.

I do not intend to flame or start an argument but i always wanted to know what do those who do not believe in a god or creation feel happens when you die? i know thats a bit off topic but ive never heard someone touch on it and wanted to see what people think, because those who believe in a god more times than not believe in an afterlife of some sort. just want to see what the other side thinks.

Originally Posted by FEETure

remember that time before you were born?  yeah.. like that...

remember that time before you were born?  yeah.. like that...

Watch this. Its a parody but it centers around a world that people NEVER lie and one day this guy's mom passes away and shes suffering and she wonders what happens when she dies. He tells her she goes to this paradise like heaven to make her feel better about dying. 
The only reason you THINK there is something after death is that you've been told that there is something after death. Imagine if you had no clue what happens when you die. You wouldn't care. You can't prevent it. We just are scared to die, a reasonable proposition, but you have to accept it and learn to live life in totality without fear and without regret. No believing in an afterlife makes it easier to appreciate the one life I have now. 

Invention_of_lying_ver2.jpg

Watch this. Its a parody but it centers around a world that people NEVER lie and one day this guy's mom passes away and shes suffering and she wonders what happens when she dies. He tells her she goes to this paradise like heaven to make her feel better about dying. 
The only reason you THINK there is something after death is that you've been told that there is something after death. Imagine if you had no clue what happens when you die. You wouldn't care. You can't prevent it. We just are scared to die, a reasonable proposition, but you have to accept it and learn to live life in totality without fear and without regret. No believing in an afterlife makes it easier to appreciate the one life I have now. 

Invention_of_lying_ver2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom