Bishop Eddie Long (megachurch pastor) has lawsuit filed for sexual coercion of men

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

image1291739g.jpg

This is how major dude is. Thats 4 USA presidents in that picture in HIS church. That was Coretta Scott King's Funeral.
You are acting like it was a regular first Sunday.  Them dudes weren't there for damn Bishop Eddie Long, they were there for Coretta Scott King. 

But OP, weren't you just in that Hollywood post begging for the OP to name the names of the gay movie stars?

And I swear I've saw you post some homoerotic things in the music forum.  Were you not the number one poster in that Donnis thread talking about how you're convinced son sucks %#%%? What the hell is wrong with you dude?

And before the, "Why are you following my moves?" comment.  I haven't even really been on NT, you're just in every thread I happen to browse.

But I swear to God you live for this #*$+.

men-on.jpg

Son is on the that In Living Color, Men on Film tip, "With a name like Eddie Long...(Snap Snap)"

Straight up, you have a vested interest in everything homosexual.

What are you trying to say dude?

Ruh roh...the reversal!

image1291739g.jpg

This is how major dude is. Thats 4 USA presidents in that picture in HIS church. That was Coretta Scott King's Funeral.
You are acting like it was a regular first Sunday.  Them dudes weren't there for damn Bishop Eddie Long, they were there for Coretta Scott King. 

But OP, weren't you just in that Hollywood post begging for the OP to name the names of the gay movie stars?

And I swear I've saw you post some homoerotic things in the music forum.  Were you not the number one poster in that Donnis thread talking about how you're convinced son sucks %#%%? What the hell is wrong with you dude?

And before the, "Why are you following my moves?" comment.  I haven't even really been on NT, you're just in every thread I happen to browse.

men-on.jpg

Son is on the that In Living Color, Men on Film tip, "With a name like Eddie Long...(Snap Snap)"

Ruh roh...the reversal!

image1291739g.jpg

men-on.jpg

ruh roh 
nerd.gif

image1291739g.jpg

men-on.jpg

ruh roh 
nerd.gif

image1291739g.jpg

men-on.jpg

well damn "two snaps in a circle"

image1291739g.jpg

men-on.jpg

well damn "two snaps in a circle"

But on the topic before I hit this R.E.M. Why is it that cats jump at the first chance to emasculate a man of color who holds any resemblance of power. I'm not an atheist, but I'm far from a religious dude, and while I wouldn't be totally surprised if the story was true, can we at least wait for the facts to come out in this case before we start declaring this guy as the most famous gay black man since John Amaechi?

If you do the knowledge, there have been many cases in history where the powers that be have attempted to prefabricate a story in order to diminish the character of a powerful man of color. Hell in 08 there were reports that Barack Obama was a homosexual.

And when it's all said and done if it turns out that Bishop Eddie has indeed participated in homosexual activity he deserves whatever scrutiny he gets. When your actions contradict the words that you preach you deserve to be tarred and feathered.

If you are super religious I guess this is a big deal, but when you have people using such hyperbole as, "The Black church will never be the same if this is true," I think we need to look at the bigger picture. The Catholics have had a long history of scandals and they are good, the black church will be fine. Although there is a lot about the church that does need to change.

But on the topic before I hit this R.E.M. Why is it that cats jump at the first chance to emasculate a man of color who holds any resemblance of power. I'm not an atheist, but I'm far from a religious dude, and while I wouldn't be totally surprised if the story was true, can we at least wait for the facts to come out in this case before we start declaring this guy as the most famous gay black man since John Amaechi?

If you do the knowledge, there have been many cases in history where the powers that be have attempted to prefabricate a story in order to diminish the character of a powerful man of color. Hell in 08 there were reports that Barack Obama was a homosexual.

And when it's all said and done if it turns out that Bishop Eddie has indeed participated in homosexual activity he deserves whatever scrutiny he gets. When your actions contradict the words that you preach you deserve to be tarred and feathered.

If you are super religious I guess this is a big deal, but when you have people using such hyperbole as, "The Black church will never be the same if this is true," I think we need to look at the bigger picture. The Catholics have had a long history of scandals and they are good, the black church will be fine. Although there is a lot about the church that does need to change.

I laugh at the thought of his flock of mindless sheep dry heaving when hearing their pastor engaged in some of those 'sinful' acts he so vehemently attacked.

I laugh at the thought of his flock of mindless sheep dry heaving when hearing their pastor engaged in some of those 'sinful' acts he so vehemently attacked.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by marath0n

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

yup but all the anti religion dudes on this board are like vultures. anti religious people aint no better than the usual religious extremist

images

iran_gay.jpg

stoning.jpg

woman_stoned_to_death-2795-20090416-3422.jpg

fred_phelps_idiotic_911_message.bmp

I've never Butchered a group of people for having different belief....just saying.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by marath0n

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

yup but all the anti religion dudes on this board are like vultures. anti religious people aint no better than the usual religious extremist

images

iran_gay.jpg

stoning.jpg

woman_stoned_to_death-2795-20090416-3422.jpg

fred_phelps_idiotic_911_message.bmp

I've never Butchered a group of people for having different belief....just saying.
ohwell.gif

Yeah you don't see a lot of atheists holding signs saying "Nothingness hates 'gays'!" or "Thank logic and science for dead soldiers."

Yeah you don't see a lot of atheists holding signs saying "Nothingness hates 'gays'!" or "Thank logic and science for dead soldiers."

I understand your point on discernment. However, this isn't about a Black man and his rise to power, especially when he has a habit of preaching from the "gospel".

I understand your point on discernment. However, this isn't about a Black man and his rise to power, especially when he has a habit of preaching from the "gospel".

This has less to do with him being black then it does him being an influential pastor who vehemently preached against the 'sinful choice' of homosexuality being accused of the very thing he decried. The same coverage and reactions were garnered when those top Republican party members, who had helped pass measures to further marginalize gays, were outed or accused of having participated in homosexual acts. 

This has less to do with him being black then it does him being an influential pastor who vehemently preached against the 'sinful choice' of homosexuality being accused of the very thing he decried. The same coverage and reactions were garnered when those top Republican party members, who had helped pass measures to further marginalize gays, were outed or accused of having participated in homosexual acts. 

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

LOL @ "quick to emasculate a man of color". Famous white people come out of the closet ALL THE TIME. You don't hear any of them say "oh snaps, the media got us again. They tryna emasculate us". Get outta here with that homophobic bs.
laugh.gif

Black males are percieved as one of the most hypermasculinized groups of humans, one gay pastor is not gonna change that (The city of Atlanta collectively might tho
nerd.gif
). There are as many gay black males as any other race, one day black people and other groups will learn to accept it. Till then I will continue to laugh my butt off when ironic stories like this come out.
My point is everytime there's a coming out of the closet or a gay black dude in the media (Aka Mr. Dobson)...the entire black race feels like a crime has been committed against them. Famous gay white people are all over the media and it has no bearing on the masculinity of all white men.

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

LOL @ "quick to emasculate a man of color". Famous white people come out of the closet ALL THE TIME. You don't hear any of them say "oh snaps, the media got us again. They tryna emasculate us". Get outta here with that homophobic bs.
laugh.gif

Black males are percieved as one of the most hypermasculinized groups of humans, one gay pastor is not gonna change that (The city of Atlanta collectively might tho
nerd.gif
). There are as many gay black males as any other race, one day black people and other groups will learn to accept it. Till then I will continue to laugh my butt off when ironic stories like this come out.
My point is everytime there's a coming out of the closet or a gay black dude in the media (Aka Mr. Dobson)...the entire black race feels like a crime has been committed against them. Famous gay white people are all over the media and it has no bearing on the masculinity of all white men.

Back
Top Bottom