Black Culture Discussion Thread

For example, when you know the full Patrice Lumumba story and can see that the kkk are still in existence without being infiltrated and shut down...you will stop asking questions about this country that are profoundly inferred.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Btw, Melanin is $350 per gram

/G\

Last edited:
Had a little discussion with my boy and I didn't know where else to post. I have fairly white skin and I'm from Egypt. He doesn't believe that I'm African bringing up the point that "since you speak Arabic you're an Arab, even though Egypt is in Africa."

Thoughts?

Had a little discussion with my boy and I didn't know where else to post. I have fairly white skin and I'm from Egypt. He doesn't believe that I'm African bringing up the point that "since you speak Arabic you're an Arab, even though Egypt is in Africa."

Thoughts?

your friends an idiot...

Thoughts?

Sounds like your friend is referring to not being an original African of descent but technically, yes you are African if you are a citizen there.

I'm def digging her get up but something about it is just a little sus. Like was she always like this n kept it on the low or did she just start this or is she fronting? [emoji]129300[/emoji] Very peculiar but if it's genuine then cool!

Of course the Beyonce stuff isn't sincere. Right now it's kind of trendy to talk about race issues and the like. Don't even know why so much noise was made about a dance routine. Watched it live (although not really paying attention) and I thought it was an ode to rhythm nation lol.

The reality is until a group of us are ready to strap up, and start making these enemies of the sun uncomfortable nothing will change. Person after person, organization and effort after effort has been destroyed or dismantled. And that has come about with tactics we seem scared to get into. All of us in this thread could create something big, and they could kill each and every single one of us and then that would be it. We'd get docs, books, etc made talking about our effort and then reset the struggle right back to where it is now. It's like everyone accepts that this is the end all be all for society.

The reality is until a group of us are ready to strap up, and start making these enemies of the sun uncomfortable nothing will change. Person after person, organization and effort after effort has been destroyed or dismantled. And that has come about with tactics we seem scared to get into. All of us in this thread could create something big, and they could kill each and every single one of us and then that would be it. We'd get docs, books, etc made talking about our effort and then reset the struggle right back to where it is now. It's like everyone accepts that this is the end all be all for society.

it took me a minute to get the 'enemies of the sun' reference... #hilarious!...to my mind the militant approach would make being marginalized even easier, why would that be a solution to anything?...honestly i think part the issue is the expectation of unity via skin color, i think we all know that the world may not look upon black folk with the nuance necessary, but i feel like similarly there is a way we don't ourselves allow for that nuance...there simplification of the arguments/ideas that gets in the way of people exploring different paths (in addition to all the institutional/societal limitations)...

as to beyonce, and the all the scrutiny around her, it definitely points to the undue amount of attention celebrities receive for even the most minor of decisions, which maybe justifies the calculated nature of those even seemingly minor decisions, which in turn makes the skepticism necessary...#circularreasoning...i don't know how sincere it is, not sure it matters either way though?

it took me a minute to get the 'enemies of the sun' reference... #hilarious!...to my mind the militant approach would make being marginalized even easier, why would that be a solution to anything?...honestly i think part the issue is the expectation of unity via skin color, i think we all know that the world may not look upon black folk with the nuance necessary, but i feel like similarly there is a way we don't ourselves allow for that nuance...there simplification of the arguments/ideas that gets in the way of people exploring different paths (in addition to all the institutional/societal limitations)...

Bingo. Though we're generations removed from Africa, it doesn't change the fact that our ancestors were from different tribes and cultures. I've said before that the U.S. is about the only country on the planet where a group of people are forced into solidarity because of the color of their skin as a means of survival. Those from Asian cultures don't have to join together in order to survive, Chinese people support their own, Japanese support their own, Vietnamese support their own, but they don't have to join together under one Asian-American umbrella in order to survive.

Last edited:
Bingo. Though we're generations removed from Africa, it doesn't change the fact that our ancestors were from different tribes and cultures. I've said before that the U.S. is about the only country on the planet where a group of people are forced into solidarity because of the color of their skin as a means of survival. Those from Asian cultures don't have to join together in order to survive, Chinese people support their own, Japanese support their own, Vietnamese support their own, but they don't have to join together under one Asian-American umbrella in order to survive.

on the contrary solidarity is great, and in most cases necessary (and across culture & ethnicities), but the case has to be made in such a way that all parties see how it benefits them (and those benefits may not need to be tangible but they need to be made clear)...i'm more of the mind the problem is with the EXPECTATION itself...it is the expectation that lets people get away with making half brained arguments, if they bother at all to make a coherent argument at all. the expectation that people should be united without really making the case for being united...

on the contrary solidarity is great, and in most cases necessary (and across culture & ethnicities), but the case has to be made in such a way that all parties see how it benefits them (and those benefits may not need to be tangible but they need to be made clear)...i'm more of the mind the problem is with the EXPECTATION itself...it is the expectation that lets people get away with making half brained arguments, if they bother at all to make a coherent argument at all. the expectation that people should be united without really making the case for being united...

I'm not saying solidarity isn't great or not needed or a waste of time, your last sentence summed up how I feel about it. People say we should be unified because we're all black Americans, nothing else.

as to beyonce, and the all the scrutiny around her, it definitely points to the undue amount of attention celebrities receive for even the most minor of decisions, which maybe justifies the calculated nature of those even seemingly minor decisions, which in turn makes the skepticism necessary...#circularreasoning...i don't know how sincere it is, not sure it matters either way though?

I understand what both of you guys are saying fully. But no other happening has occurred like what is currently and has been currently going on. If you can find me prior examples of people being taken from a homeland, stripped of everything, put into slavery, continued oppression even after "end" of said slavery while being disenfranchised by people and institutions that are able to simply due to their design and construction (ALL on the basis of SKIN COLOR!) then I'd look to see how those people overcame. But as far as I'm aware, this is completely unique. Humankind has never seen this type of wickedness and evil.

Now in order to combat this, it could only take a unified effort between all African descendants. Whether we like to believe it or not, the people who have perpetuated this are not only unified between themselves but have gotten folks from differing cultures, backgrounds, and ethnicity to adopt and unite with their global WHITE supremacist system. We have African people that do more for their supremacist system than some white people. There are some Asians who do. Some hispanic people, etc. It's not an american supremacist system, not a european one, german, british, etc. It's a system of supremacy based on the color of one's skin that works in a sliding racial caste scale. Thus meaning the lighter one is with features that are european in nature, the easier of navigation through life one usually has it. Africa is a country, not a continent. That has to be the mentality. Every single "black" person no matter where they are have to identify with their home country as Africa.

Due to the how bad things have gotten, we are indeed at a point where we can't simply unify with color because we've been infiltrated as previously stated. There are African people who do more than the average white person to upkeep and further white supremacy. Unifying with that type of African would be suicidal for any type of revolutionary action and organization. Add an obama or ben carson into your revolutionary plans and see how long that lasts. But we do need to focus on simply people of the same skin color and even begin a purification process if you ask me. "You want to work or support their system/agenda? Fine. You'll just be ostracized from the African community" in which we have begun to interact and do for ourselves and ONLY ourselves. They will soon realize they have no place to go in this modern day society because African unification would definitely bring more sincere sentiments in regards to the hatred and disdain for Africa and it's children. We're in an information age, yet in 2016 movies are still being green lighted with huge budgets depicting "Egyptians" (but in reality Kemetians) as white people and such. What more has to be done past what has already been done in order to get it in our brains that the only way for survival (first) and then thriving (second) is through the galvanizing and unity of all like minded Africans? When I say like minded, I'm referring to an African consciousness.

We're not a monotholithic people by any means, I get that. But in order to get out of this hole in which they're already pouring dirt over top which will be followed by cement, we sure do have to pretend we're one. "Individualism is a luxury we can ill afford" - Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin aka Rap H. Brown. If one can't get down with what REALLY needs to be done in order to combat this, then bow out. Let it be known where you stand, and be a mouse. Give the little resources and money to create and support the avenues needed to those who have the heart and balls to defeat evil and become self-determinant, and get out of the way.

I don't want to say too too much on somewhere like here because I know it's monitored heavily, and that's how they always get the drop on ish. But we really have to drop a lot of what we're doing, be prepared to be a whole lot less comfortable in regards to lifestyle, and sacrifice the conveniences that this country has awarded some of us that make it hard for us to start taking steps in the path to liberation. They put a poisinous pacifier in our mouths, and because it tastes so good we aren't willing to spit it out and start getting the proper nourishment we need to thrive. I know it stems from fear, cowardice, and contentedness.

Don't mean to come off harsh, but this stuff just eats away at me. If I could have it my way, any and everybody who's even halfway supporting this supremacist system whether directly or indirectly should be wiped out completely. Start fresh with better people. And for the record, I'm included in that group that's halfway supporting. Some may even argue fully supporting. I pay taxes for example which 54% of the tax revenue goes to the war machine. Some of my taxes go to things like policing. I'm directly supporting and enabling them to go terrorize other countries; as well as, brutalize my fellow Afrricans in this country whether it be woman, child, or man smh. It's got to stop. If I were to be wiped out simply due to my paying of taxes, I couldn't and wouldn't be the least bit mad. It makes sense. It's needed.

Sorry for the long text.

^wiped out for a tangential association?? even yourself...YIKES! to quote pac, "...we were given this world we didn't make it..." yes we can play a part in reshaping it but that isn't a given...

while i won't refute your overall point of needing to create something apart from the larger system, that may be an integral part, or maybe altogether unnecessary if there were more opportunities (which in turn might enable more people to build)? i think the question for the approach you advocate is how much agreement is necessary as well as how much non-dissent will be tolerated? for that always is at the crux of the fractures, most would agree on the goal(s) but disagree on the means & methods...

saying africa is country is an interesting take...i guess it depends on the definition of country??? the borders of countries that make up the continent were somewhat arbitrarily drawn up without much real consideration of peoples within it...but while that is true, there is no mistaking that there are real differences amongst peoples that being of a similar hue does not supersede...

^Yes, even for tangential association. Myself included. If there was a real threat of that, watch how many people stop paying taxes, stop supporting the status quo, etc. The reason they DO pay taxes, etc now is for fear of the repercussions instituted by the ruling people. Nothing more, nothing less really. You have rich people that will use every loop hole (tax write-off's, etc) not to pay.

An "opportunity" given to you by your oppressors has never been and will never be an opportunity. There will always be fine print, for they are not going to relinquish their power. It's like the chickens who live cage free thinking they have more opportunity over the caged chickens. They're both doomed, and will be used for the consumption.

A lot of agreement is needed. How do you get people to agree? Force it. Manipulate it. Same way we have all "agreed" to pay taxes for example. We didn't really agree, for it's more imposed with a list of consequences for you in the event that you try to go against that imposition. We're too far gone, too indoctrinated, too self-hating, too unaware, too content, too docile, too fearful, too cowardly as a whole to "get people to agree". We've been trying at that for years upon years. Didn't work then, and with more individuality and factions of lifestyle it's all but impossible now. I can talk to a fellow African descendant about liberation and then we can become "enemies" the second we bring up the subject of homosexuality......

I like using the 5%'ers numbers in regards to 85% of the people are sheep. We'd wait forever if we're trying to get sheep to agree. We have to herd these sheep and galvanize so that we're all working against the common enemy manipulating all this BS.

There are real differences amongst people of a similar hue does not supersede. You're 100% correct about that. But even as we have it now, those same different people have assimilated in the name of white supremacy and the berlin conference. Take Nigeria for example. A large group of the people of Togo are closely related (if not the same people) as Yoruba tribe Nigerians, but when they drew the border those people got split into Togo. Whereas Hausa people were drawn into sharing the same "country" as Yoruba. And when it now becomes time to govern "independently" (neo-colonialism, none of these African countries are self-autonomous) thus arrives all the conflict, fighting, etc. Another divide and conquer tactic example in real time.

How do we manipulate and force people to go along with what's needed to be done to overcome? That's the part I'm still trying to figure out. At times I think it's possible through programming of the entertainment and media. But without controlling the images and sounds that entertain us, and ultimately influence us to dress, act, and think certain ways, it becomes tough. But we could always attack those who are using their spotlight in the entertainment/media field to at least bring about the dialogue since social media exists. But it would have to be on a larger platform than our individual social media devices. And take some of us in this thread for example. We have to be able to build something, anything. We all have brains and what seems to be a similar desire for liberation. I'm not willing to buy that we can't create something out of that...

How do we manipulate and force people to go along with what's needed to be done to overcome? That's the part I'm still trying to figure out. At times I think it's possible through programming of the entertainment and media. But without controlling the images and sounds that entertain us, and ultimately influence us to dress, act, and think certain ways, it becomes tough. But we could always attack those who are using their spotlight in the entertainment/media field to at least bring about the dialogue since social media exists. But it would have to be on a larger platform than our individual social media devices. And take some of us in this thread for example. We have to be able to build something, anything. We all have brains and what seems to be a similar desire for liberation. I'm not willing to buy that we can't create something out of that...

That's the only way. The media is so powerful that it shapes thoughts and ideas w/o people even realizing it. And it's sad that we have to use the term "manipulate" since it has negative connotations but that's exactly what we'd have to do.

Back
Top Bottom