Black Culture Discussion Thread

Love the shirt embroidery.
Was this her fault or are we putting it on someone else?

Who said that someone put drugs in Griner's bag? I specifically addressed that assumption in a latter post.

And I don't know anything about Minaj's situation, but you'd have a hard time arguing that if it is shown the weed is hers, her punishment will be motivated by geopolitics.

I never said YOU said someone put something in BG's bag but you sure did find a way to excuse the behavior to focus more on the "geopolitical agenda" of Russia.

I never said YOU said someone put something in BG's bag but you sure did find a way to excuse the behavior to focus more on the "geopolitical agenda" of Russia.
They found EMPTY cartridges in her luggage (for MJ products she used for pain-related issues), and from her account of what happened at the airport, Americans were scrutinized more than other passengers. If you want to ignore all these details in order to brandish her as an example of Americans willfully disregarding local laws instead of someone being caught up in a situation much bigger than herself, be my guest.

It's always someone else's fault with some people.
Unlike Minaj, Griner didn't say that the containers belonged to someone else.

Also, "accountability" is what 1990s legislators used to justify giving 20-40 year sentences to folks caught with tiny amounts of weed or weed paraphernalia. In the pursuit of the narrative of black irresponsibility you love to push around here, you seem to have forgotten that the punishment must still fit the crime in order to be justly applied.

Unlike Minaj, Griner didn't say that the containers belonged to someone else.

Also, "accountability" is what 1990s legislators used to justify giving 20-40 year sentences to folks caught with tiny amounts of weed or weed paraphernalia. In the pursuit of the narrative of black irresponsibility you love to push around here, you seem to have forgotten that the punishment must still fit the crime in order to be justly applied.

What do US policies have to do with RUSSIAN ordinances? You’re talking about American legislation…. however, she was arrested in EUROPE :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all understand she wanted to make money playing overseas. They get paid equally or better than over here in the WNBA. She knows she smokes weed. She either should’ve known their policies, stopped smoking temporarily while playing over there, or played in another country where weed is decriminalize.

What the hell does her getting arrested in EUROPE for weed, have to do with American policies??? :lol: :lol:

People just supposed to run amok and do whatever they want in life. Universal laws or common sense be damned.

Type of people to let someone run up in their house and have a free for all. I don’t care what color your skin is, you’re getting dealt with violating anything that pertains to me and mines.

Same folks y’all want to defend or coddle, will cut your throat

And of course you go that route.

As I said, to some people simply admitting a black person did something wrong is too much to ask for.

You got it though.

Sometimes, I don't know if you're just being purposely dense.

She admitted she owned the containers and they shouldn't have been there. Is that not being accountable?

The containers were empty when they found it in her bag. These containers used to contain medication that is considered illegal in Russia. Does having empty medication containers and pleading guilty for it warrant 10 years of jail time?

What do US policies have to do with RUSSIAN ordinances? You’re talking about American legislation…. however, she was arrested in EUROPE :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all understand she wanted to make money playing overseas. They get paid equally or better than over here in the WNBA. She knows she smokes weed. She either should’ve known their policies, stopped smoking temporarily while playing over there, or played in another country where weed is decriminalize.

What the hell does her getting arrested in EUROPE for weed, have to do with American policies??? :lol: :lol:

It has nothing to do with money or weed policies.
She had been playing over there for years, so it's likely she was aware of the level acceptance of weed products in the country. Her ordeal had to do with Russia using foreign prisoners to gain leverage in international affairs and Griner being caught in the middle. Unfortunately, Americans are valuable targets abroad for a multitude of reasons, geopolitics being one of them.

Never said the proposed jail time matched the crime. Not sure why you keep mentioning that. If I ever did, quote me.

I am aware of the story and how it played out.

SHE IS being accountable for her actions when she admitted she shouldn't have had the containers so why do YOU refuse to do so? (YOU are who I am saying keeps deflecting accountability by constantly bringing up geopolitical agendas not her.. )

Back
Top Bottom