Black Culture Discussion Thread

If that makes you feel better. Clearly logic and reading comprehension doesn't live here. I mean, where does adopted people fit into your logic? Black kids who were adopted by white parents are suddenly disqualified? Is Jimmy Butler not black?

You keep bringing up people that's not mixed. Em, now Jimmy Butler. :lol:

White people say mixed people are black out of racism, black people say they're not black out jelousy(it is. Don't act like its not)..thats how Doja Cat's get created. Black folks quick to say someone aint black then get mad when they go the other way.

The whole mixed people aren’t black is a new thing that I’ve honestly only ever seen exist online.

Another thing with questioning blackness that annoys me is when you don't support / distance yourself from debauchery, as if black people have ownership over that type of behavior. TO SOME (to some), wanting no parts of that type of lifestyle somehow decreases your blackness and means you want to align with the white man.

Again, It's all nonsense man.

You keep bringing up people that's not mixed. Em, now Jimmy Butler. :lol:
ADVERTISEMENT​
Thats your flimsy *** logic and/or lack thereof. Doja not black because she was raised by a white woman. So was Jimmy Butler. I also mentioned adopted children but you ain’t say anything about that because you can’t because you never thought it that far out because that whole dumb*** take comes from an emotional place.

You know how many young black kids running around here complying Japanese/Korean kids; are they not black since "culturally" they aren't black. (A statement that is even wild since there are so many aspects of personality that makes it funny to say someone is 0% Black culturally)

If you are black, you are black. Doesn't matter how you act, where you stand politically, your music choices, whatever it is.

Whatever the police see you are that’s what you are.

HAS Always been what I've told my Dominican students that have refused to acknowledge they are in fact BLACK.

IMG_0007.gif

Outside of maybe Dr Umar the only people I’ve seen spread this light skin people aren’t black narrative is women who are ONLY saying it to disparage men from dating lightskin women.

And the Drake jokes were funny but as weird as dude is he’s still black.

Outside of maybe Dr Umar the only people I’ve seen spread this light skin people aren’t black narrative is women who are ONLY saying it to disparage men from dating lightskin women.

This is exactly where Im coming from with the Doja Cat stuff. Ive seen it too many times. They'll be fake friendly with a light skinned/mixed girl and as soon as she walks away they hit the :rolleyes "She think she better than folks.." Ol girl did nothing but speak. You do not like her because she think shes better than everyone, you don't like her because you think she thinks shes better than everyone because if you was here you would because you don't like yourself.

Purity tests for Blackness is wild.

There are biracial people, they can be Black and something else

You like dating white women/men? Hey not for me, but you’re still Black.

Hate rap and R&B? Still Black

Don’t have any Black friends? Also, still Black.

Debating whether someone is or isn’t supportive of Black causes and advancing Black culture is a whole different discussion.

This is exactly where Im coming from with the Doja Cat stuff. Ive seen it too many times. They'll be fake friendly with a light skinned/mixed girl and as soon as she walks away they hit the :rolleyes "She think she better than folks.." Ol girl did nothing but speak. You do not like her because she think shes better than everyone, you don't like her because you think she thinks shes better than everyone because if you was here you would because you don't like yourself.

It’s all over men. So they can use the

“You don’t like black women”

“You hate yourself”

Insults. For those to work they have to say light skin/biracial people aren’t black.

Now there is a very valid discussion to be had about how race impacts one’s available partners and yes black women, specifically those of darker complexions that don’t fit the Eurocentric beauty standards do suffer prejudice when it comes to dating. But that doesn’t make light skin people not black.

Thanks. Well @DCAllAfrican……..you might not be questioning Kamala Harris’s blackness…..but I definitely got some cause for champ. Has Kamala ever stated that she’s black, or has she always stated that she’s Indian/Black??

She’s stated plenty of times that she’s black :lol:.

Oprah ran a segment about her being the first black person in her position, in 2005 lmao

And here she is on the breakfast club, explicitly stating her blackness. How she was born black and proud to be black, and will die proud to be black:

And Going all the way back to college. People REALLY werent paying attention, and just ran with all the hate propaganda against her.

Like:

“Kamala the kop, She locked up 50,000 black men for weed” etc.

“Kamala is Willie Brown & Montells ho! She slept her way to the top”

“Kamala locking up parents for no reason”

Even the one dude that was critical for her for his conviction that got overturned, said he’s STILL voting for her lmao.

Etc etc

What’s stunning is seeing the propaganda get to you. What you’re seeing is people scouring the internet for articles written by Asian folks, who at the time were either interviewing Kamala directly about her Indian heritage, or highlighting the fact that she’s accomplished something, and is of Asian descent too.

It’s like when Hines Ward did something good back in the day, and a Korean news outlet or something would write an article highlting him.

Yet, these are taken out of context to retroactively convince dumb *****s that a lady that’s CLEARLY identified as a black women her whole life….

All of a sudden…is not “black”. Outrageous and nasty.

Last edited:
If we really get down to it, where was his talk from us about Obama? Now that its a women..ouuuuu. Follow behind Nas's fumble-a-*** *** if you want to.

ADVERTISEMENT​
Thats your flimsy *** logic and/or lack thereof. Doja not black because she was raised by a white woman. So was Jimmy Butler. I also mentioned adopted children but you ain’t say anything about that because you can’t because you never thought it that far out because that whole dumb*** take comes from an emotional place.

I never said she was flat out white. Her mindset is white culturally.

You brought up all this extra **** sounding like you got picked on. :lol:

I never said she was flat out white, I never said you said she was flat out white.

Aight bruh. :lol:

All cause Trump said some dumb ****.

Instead of the next day we are talking about Trump's shortcomings as a candidate, his bat**** ideas, his wanting to give cops Federal Immunity, him refusing to substantively answer any question, his insulting a black reporter...

We talmbout practice this dumb ****

ADVERTISEMENT​
Hold up. Jimmy was raised by a white woman? That photoshoot from last year is starting to make sense now

Hold up. Jimmy was raised by a white woman? That photoshoot from last year is starting to make sense now
Jimmy was homeless at a real young age...can't remember of it was 11 or 13 or 14. Pretty sure he was "kicked out". But a (white) family took him in.

If we really get down to it, where was his talk from us about Obama? Now that its a women..ouuuuu. Follow behind Nas's fumble-a-*** *** if you want to.
ADVERTISEMENT

Stop it champ. Barack had/has Michelle…..a black wife. Kamala has white boy Roy in comparison. Best believe if Barack’s wife was white there would have been much talk and speculation……..especially from black woman. Now that black men are asking questions……ouuuuuuu. See how that works.​

Back
Top Bottom