Black Culture Discussion Thread

I will always like Obama for breaking a MAJOR barrier, marrying a black woman and having some beautiful :nthat: black girls., but I do wish he was MORE BLACK with his policies.

While agree with what you’re saying I think we can be nimble enough to infer that in the context of My brothers keeper, people of color means non white in basic American sense which means marginilazed minorities. Atleast that’s how I understood it

In judging the history of this country, I don't think the intersectionality of people of color is the best method to address something like the intent of My Brothers Keeper. Historically white people and non-blacks have abused this system.

For example:

• 5 dollar Indians versus Native Americans
  • Educational Systems. Just in my city, there is a public school ran by Filipino staff that is currently taking minority money but is using it only for their Filipino agenda and is not servicing any other minorities attending that school. This is very common within the country.
  • Feminism versus Black Feminism
  • The Gay agenda being co-mingled with Black agendas. The whole X,Y,Z is the New Black narrative. The fact that "is the New Black" is a thing speaks volumes. We have all heard people state that being gay is like being black or being a woman is like being black. Nothing is like being black period. Like nothing is like being like any other oppressed group. Each struggle should be addressed individually. Similar to how Jewish oppression and Japanese oppression was individually addressed after world war II.

Barack doesn't have a good track record of addressing black specific issues but he does have an amazing track record of addressing other minority issues individually. Thus why many people who are aware of this criticize the who he is really serving with the initiatives of my brothers keeper. I'm not against him doing this because regardless it is good work but it isn't work that directly supports black issues therefore he shouldn't receive black kudo's for giving us the absolute bare minimum.

IMG_20190221_113910.jpg

IMG_20190221_113914.jpg

IMG_20190221_113918.jpg

IMG_20190221_113920.jpg

Obama still scared to look pro black. That "people of color" saying means nothing. "People of color" don't have black peoples experiences.

Black Americans (decendants of slaves) should not be using the term “people of color”, “minorities” or any other terms that lump us together with other groups. Certain black people, who consider themselves (so-called) liberals, are afraid to call themselves BLACK AMERICANS because they believe we have some type of coalition with other marginalized groups, falling back on this people of color nonsense as if we are one big happy family. Is there power in numbers? Sure, but whats the point when other “people of color’s” agendas are different then yours. We don’t have a coalition and we shouldn’t have one. Because we have very SPECIFIC needs that need to be addressed. No, toxic masculinity is not one of them.

We are black AMERICANS, we are more American than the rednecks riding around with Gadsen flags on their F-150s. We are more American than white people whose grandparents and great grandparents arrived here in the late 19th/early 20th centuries and got free land west of the Mississippi while claiming to have grew their wealth out of a suitcase. We are more American than the dimwit in the White House. We are more American than most of the dimwits in Congress on the left and right side of the isle. We were here before this country became official and we fought in every conflict (started by the usual suspects) to defend it.

Black Americans have very SPECIFIC needs that need to be addressed to right the wrongs done to us and quite a few are making this very vocal. Which is why you have the Democrats (aka white supremacist liberals) and their knee-grow minions on MSNBC pushing this “Russian Bot” narative, because they will be left out of getting these very specific needs addressed. I know a lot of people on this board love to slobber all over the Democrats as if they’re the saviours of Black Americans and “minorities”, sorry, they aren’t. Unless you’re LGBT or an immigrant (legal or illegal), Democrats, especially DEMOCRATS OF COLOR don’t give a shiny nickel about black Americans (niether do Republicans, aka white supremacist conservatives). But some people are happy with criminal justice/prison reform (when most black people aren’t in prison) and all of these other catch-all, meaningless offerings put out by Democrats (aka white supremacist liberals) to get our votes, while other groups (hispanics, immigrants, LGBT, and white feminists) are getting their needs addressed and brought to the table on a daily basis. When you have Black democrats out here doing more for immigrants and the LGBT community, while black communities are still in the toilet, that’s a sad state of affairs.

Ok Brotha Farrakhan been giving us gems for decades now!
Now folks wanna be woke and listen because Obama and a waffle colored rubber ball throwing NBA plantation slave are on a stage?
Wanna sit up on that stage and judge twerking and gold chains but tap dancing around the elephant in the room...BLACK MEN!!
Aint no real black men falling for that goofy ****

Meanwhile brotha Farrakhan was in the trenches being an actual leader speaking to our young misguided Chicago brothas...
Obama *** *** from there and scared to address two words...BLACK MEN....
*** *** ***** and **** a Steph Currey...

I give credit where its due...one who keeps it all the way 100% funky..no matter what powers that be his militant stance as a black man offends.
He's not afraid to represent and speak for us...never was.

hmlf_brothers07-31-2012.jpg

Minister-Louis-Farrakhan_King-L_Chicago.png

fredofarrakhan.png

Black Americans (decendants of slaves) should not be using the term “people of color”, “minorities” or any other terms that lump us together with other groups. Certain black people, who consider themselves (so-called) liberals, are afraid to call themselves BLACK AMERICANS because they believe we have some type of coalition with other marginalized groups, falling back on this people of color nonsense as if we are one big happy family. Is there power in numbers? Sure, but whats the point when other “people of color’s” agendas are different then yours. We don’t have a coalition and we shouldn’t have one. Because we have very SPECIFIC needs that need to be addressed. No, toxic masculinity is not one of them.

We are black AMERICANS, we are more American than the rednecks riding around with Gadsen flags on their F-150s. We are more American than white people whose grandparents and great grandparents arrived here in the late 19th/early 20th centuries and got free land west of the Mississippi while claiming to have grew their wealth out of a suitcase. We are more American than the dimwit in the White House. We are more American than most of the dimwits in Congress on the left and right side of the isle. We were here before this country became official and we fought in every conflict (started by the usual suspects) to defend it.

Black Americans have very SPECIFIC needs that need to be addressed to right the wrongs done to us and quite a few are making this very vocal. Which is why you have the Democrats (aka white supremacist liberals) and their knee-grow minions on MSNBC pushing this “Russian Bot” narative, because they will be left out of getting these very specific needs addressed. I know a lot of people on this board love to slobber all over the Democrats as if they’re the saviours of Black Americans and “minorities”, sorry, they aren’t. Unless you’re LGBT or an immigrant (legal or illegal), Democrats, especially DEMOCRATS OF COLOR don’t give a shiny nickel about black Americans (niether do Republicans, aka white supremacist conservatives). But some people are happy with criminal justice/prison reform (when most black people aren’t in prison) and all of these other catch-all, meaningless offerings put out by Democrats (aka white supremacist liberals) to get our votes, while other groups (hispanics, immigrants, LGBT, and white feminists) are getting their needs addressed and brought to the table on a daily basis. When you have Black democrats out here doing more for immigrants and the LGBT community, while black communities are still in the toilet, that’s a sad state of affairs.

What's your solution then? After you're done ****ting on both coalitions of American politics, how do you plan to get your specific needs addressed?

What's your solution then? After you're done ****ting on both coalitions of American politics, how do you plan to get your specific needs addressed?
Every time somebody calls out this racist crooked political system you get upset and on this "well you don't have a better system :rolleyes ".

Every time somebody calls out this racist crooked political system you get upset and on this "well you don't have a better system :rolleyes ".

...well, isn't it the pertinent question??? presumably even if self reliance is the goal, it will require some coordination wit/navigation of the overarching system? one can be critical of the message without putting down the messenger(s) as 'waffle colored' & 'ball throwing slaves,' that type of rhetoric would seem super counterproductive...

I am not upset. I am asking a real question: do you have a better alternative? If so, what is it?

The other day, I was reading about Mandela and how he formed the armed branch of the ANC. This is how he justified creating it:

At the beginning of June 1961, after a long and anxious assessment of the South African situation, I, and some colleagues, came to the conclusion that as violence in this country was inevitable, it would be unrealistic and wrong for African leaders to continue preaching peace and non-violence at a time when the government met our peaceful demands with force.

This conclusion was not easily arrived at. It was only when all else had failed, when all channels of peaceful protest had been barred to us, that the decision was made to embark on violent forms of political struggle, and to form Umkhonto we Sizwe. We did so not because we desired such a course, but solely because the government had left us with no other choice. In the Manifesto of Umkhonto published on 16 December 1961, which is exhibit AD, we said:

The time comes in the life of any nation when there remain only two choices – submit or fight. That time has now come to South Africa. We shall not submit and we have no choice but to hit back by all means in our power in defence of our people, our future, and our freedom.

Firstly, we believed that as a result of Government policy, violence by the African people had become inevitable, and that unless responsible leadership was given to canalise and control the feelings of our people, there would be outbreaks of terrorism which would produce an intensity of bitterness and hostility between the various races of this country which is not produced even by war. Secondly, we felt that without violence there would be no way open to the African people to succeed in their struggle against the principle of white supremacy. All lawful modes of expressing opposition to this principle had been closed by legislation, and we were placed in a position in which we had either to accept a permanent state of inferiority, or take over the Government. We chose to defy the law. We first broke the law in a way which avoided any recourse to violence; when this form was legislated against, and then the Government resorted to a show of force to crush opposition to its policies, only then did we decide to answer with violence.

If you have something better than political participation with the objective to crack open the system and allow meaningful representation of all parties that constitute these United States within Congress, I am all ears. The solution of political inaction will inevitably lead us to that point in time where we will either have to submit or fight, and I'm not trying to go there.

How about not voting for every Democrat that comes around black people just to make you dance and sing negro spirituals? We can start there. After that you list your demands, if they can meet some of them, vote for them. If they can’t and start talking about hands being tied and all that nonsense, no vote, for not a one.

Some of yall cats so scared of Trump, you’ll vote for any D that dangles a carrot in front of you, ok....and? I grew up in the Reagan era, what the h*ll has Trump done to black Americans that Reagan didn’t? So no, Democrats start coming through for the black community or all you LGBT, latino, immigrants and feminists groups can ride out another four years of Trump hoping some magic Russian bullet will get him impeached . Not voting for YOUR benefits and some weed legislation and criminal justice reform.

...well, isn't it the pertinent question??? presumably even if self reliance is the goal, it will require some coordination wit/navigation of the overarching system? one can be critical of the message without putting down the messenger(s) as 'waffle colored' & 'ball throwing slaves,' that type of rhetoric would seem super counterproductive...
It's just crazy how defensive black democrats get after that party has shown over and over they don't care about you AT ALL. They're definitely not about addressing the needs of BLACK AMERICANS. I also think this "well there's no other way so let's fall in line with Democrats" mindset is counterproductive.

Then when people give some solutions it's "that's too pro black, you're gonna make them uncomfortable". So basically black democrats know they're not gonna get anything specifically they're just going along with it just because this is the party that fakes that they like you. They're the "good" cop.

How about not voting for every Democrat that comes around black people just to make you dance and sing negro spirituals? We can start there. After that you list your demands, if they can meet some of them, vote for them. If they can’t and start talking about hands being tied and all that nonsense, no vote, for not a one.

Some of yall cats so scared of Trump, you’ll vote for any D that dangles a carrot in front of you, ok....and?
Completely clueless.

This administration is loading up the courts with right-wing extremists who would like to reduce all traces of Black existence in the US to a minimum. Cats who have never argued a case in court are getting nominated to become judges just off conservative blog posts. Unlike you, I can see the forest for the trees: you can make demands all day and night, but if you are not invested in the political process, nobody will pay attention to you. Whether people keep you out of the political discourse (like in apartheid South Africa) or you keep yourself out of it by choice, the result is the same: you will disappear from society and nobody will care about you or what you have to say.

The thing cats like you tend to forget is that throughout the history of the US, it was primordial to keep Black people silent and invisible, either through legislation (Jim Crow, segregation, etc...) or violence (slave patrols, KKK, abusive police and courts, etc...). So ask yourself, between you and me, who's fulfilling the goal of white supremacy.

Completely clueless.

This administration is loading up the courts with right-wing extremists who would like to reduce all traces of Black existence in the US to a minimum. Cats who have never argued a case in court are getting nominated to become judges just off conservative blog posts. Unlike you, I can see the forest for the trees: you can make demands all day and night, but if you are not invested in the political process, nobody will pay attention to you. Whether people keep you out of the political discourse (like in apartheid South Africa) or you keep yourself out of it by choice, the result is the same: you will disappear from society and nobody will care about you or what you have to say.

The thing cats like you tend to forget is that throughout the history of the US, it was primordial to keep Black people silent and invisible, either through legislation (Jim Crow, segregation, etc...) or violence (slave patrols, KKK, abusive police and courts, etc...). So ask yourself, between you and me, who's fulfilling the goal of white supremacy.
You. Keep voting for your soft white supremacists liberals. Like the dude in VA who dumb *** negroes still want to be the governor because “he’s better than a republican”, meanwhile your white liberal allies suddenly found dirt on Fairfax as soon as he would have been eligible for a promotion.

Keep voting for your white supremacist liberals who think you’re too dumb to think for yourself and told you Russian trolls influenced you in 2k16 so Trump could win.

You talk about fulfilling white supremacy, the government IS white supremacy, white supremacy IS the government. That’s what you “black liberals” can’t get through your thick heads. You can’t wiggle your way in and flip and alter it, to dress it up and make it look attractive to you, only to get another gang of white supremacist back in office in 4 years. The entire system has to be replaced from top to bottom, front to back, side to side. Ilahn Ohmar criticized an entire group of (white supremacists) zionists. They (your Democrat allies) slapped that woman back in her place so hard you haven’t heard a peep from her since then. They will do the same to Ocasio-Cortez when she gets out of pocket. Get up on outta here with your forest for the trees nonsense. You better plant some new trees and stop picking poisonous fruit from these old rotten beat up trees.

You. Keep voting for your soft white supremacists liberals. Like the dude in VA who dumb *** negroes still want to be the governor because “he’s better than a republican”, meanwhile your white liberal allies suddenly found dirt on Fairfax as soon as he would have been eligible for a promotion.

Keep voting for your white supremacist liberals who think you’re too dumb to think for yourself and told you Russian trolls influenced you in 2k16 so Trump could win.

You talk about fulfilling white supremacy, the government IS white supremacy, white supremacy IS the government. That’s what you “black liberals” can’t get through your thick heads. You can’t wiggle your way in and flip and alter it, to dress it up and make it look attractive to you, only to get another gang of white supremacist back in office in 4 years. The entire system has to be replaced from top to bottom, front to back, side to side. Ilahn Ohmar criticized an entire group of (white supremacists) zionists. They (your Democrat allies) slapped that woman back in her place so hard you haven’t heard a peep from her since then. They will do the same to Ocasio-Cortez when she gets out of pocket. Get up on outta here with your forest for the trees nonsense. You better plant some new trees and stop picking poisonous fruit from these old rotten beat up trees.
I know you can't honestly answer the question I asked after your first rant: what's your realistic alternative?

Sitting out elections and watch the GOP sponsor laws that would make offenses against police officers a hate crime? Watch them sponsor laws that seek to rewrite American history that deemphasizes the role of minorities in this country? Watch them bring back policies that have never worked and only harmed black people? Why is it that, after the Supreme Court struck down key provisions of the Voting Rights Act in 2013, red states proceeded to target Black voters through legislation? Do you plan to address that here, or are you gonna keep talking about Democrats who want to allow all of us to vote? And you wonder why they think you're a Russian bot.

Don't just complain. **** is tiring and childish (like your attempts at belittling Black Democrat voters). Propose something better than pushing black interests through the Democratic party, because whether you like it or not, choices will have to be made, and it's better to add your voice to the discourse than not participate and ***** about the results.

Like I said, you can make demands all day long, the only way you are getting heard outside of the political process in any country on this planet is through acts of violence. I doubt you have something to offer that sits between Malcom X and MLK. The US doesn't lack war refugees with whom you can talk about the costs of armed rebellion. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two about what true revolutions entail.

Every other group looks out for themselves specifically and it's all good. LGBT, Latinos, immigrant groups. The minute black people start looking out themselves folks get real nervous and shoot it down. We're suppose to just be quiet and get along. :smh: :lol:

I'm noticing whenever black folks start discussing things related to our situation, it feels like we always have to defend our stance.

Other groups use politics to their adavantage. They use their support as leverage and make sure that the people they help put in office are accountable to them and most importantly are very specific and deliberate bout how they want the their agenda manifest as policy. We can’t talk about what other groups get to do but then refuse to be as sophisticated as they are to get what we want.

Back
Top Bottom