Black Culture Discussion Thread

-I honestly think dudes don't fully understand the mechanics of the political and electoral system. Or how coalition building is done

-Do I want the democratic party to more directly address the issues facing the black community, yes. I am aware of the realities of campaigning and coalition building in the system structured against multi-cultural multi-interest collations, yes. Do I think the only policies that can help black folk are targeted ones literally labelled “for black people”, no.

No one is asking folk to act like the Dems are the saviors, or voting Dem is a panacea, they are saying they are clearly the better choice. In fact, the people that blame the Dems for not saving black America are the ones that act like they saviors failing at their jobs. They are useful for what they are, so lets use them for what they are.

In the interim, so what is the Dems good for? How about serving as a fire wall to the real carnage white conservative want to unleash on all minorities especially African Americans. I always hear this "we survived slavery", "we survived Jim Crow", "we survived this", nah you didn't survive that, other folk did that those folks were never in a hurry to risk slipping back into those conditions. This talk to downplays how ****ed up Trump and the entire GOP are. If people think it is this is the worst it can get, they are extremely mistaken.

Ok let us give Trump and the GOP all the power, all of it. Watch how the Supreme Court gets so stacked that now any progressive policy to help black people that may get passed gets voided every summer. Let the GOP gerrymander every state so even if black people all joined together to vote a candidate for a Statehouse of Federal House seat it would be pointless. Watch them make it impossible for the Senate to ever be democratic (in the political and representative sense), basically guaranteeing white rural people an apartheid state at Federal level and in most of the states.

Want to know something Obama did to help millions of poor black people? Expand Medicaid. Millions of poor black people in the deep south, suck in **** states ran by the worst of the worst of racist politicians who routinely cut services to those communities were about to be forced to give million of poor black people free healthcare. But what stopped it? John Roberts’ bull**** interpretation of the commerce clause that allowed states to opt out of the expansion. You wanna know who several years previously predicted Robert would make a BS interpretation of the clause that would hurt the weakest people in America? Barrack Obama when he was a Senator. Now because of Trump we have two more clowns that think like Roberts on the court. Four more years he will get at least 2 more on there, plus all the scumbags he is filling lower courts with. One third of government is about to be extremely hostile to civil rights laws, and it will be so for a generation

White Supremacist knew what a win the Medicaid expansion was for poor African Americans. But some in the black community would say it was not because it was not labeled “specifically for black people”

ADOS includes establishing the voting rights act in the pro-black platform. Without it the black vote is getting suppressed at such a level that elections like the one in GA in November was pretty much stolen from a progressive black woman. Now which dude was the deciding vote on rolling in back the Voting Rights Act? You guessed it, John Roberts.

Obama could have flipped the Supreme Court progressive in 2016 but he couldn’t because the Dems lost the Senate in 2014, the reason for the Senate lost…..turnout, especially black turnout, was low. This not showing up things as already bitten the community in the ***.

That is not all, the Koch brothers want to get enough power to call a Constitutional Convention. If that happens, they can literally rewrite every single law in America and their goal is to completely void most civil rights legislation. Jim Crow unconstitutional? Not anymore. Keep thinking these conservatives are just interested in protecting the status quo, completely disengage, and watch them rob the entire black community of any agency it has. I am not even fear mongering, they have been open about the end game of a convention. If you'll really think the dudes funding black voter suppression across the country gonna act just like some out of touch liberals when it comes time to capture power, you are deluding yourself.

So it is not just a matter of being scared about the current state of affairs. It is about being aware of what is the end game for people that mean you the most harm

-Withholding you vote is one of the most short-sighted political moves a group can do in mass. If politicians don't think a bloc will turn out, that is when they really get ignored. Besides the lobbyist and donors that buy access, the groups that get their needs addressed the most are the ones that vote more reliably. Older people, evangelicals, gun owners, etc. They don't sit on the sidelines and engage in a diet hostage situation, they engage with the system at a higher level than most groups. That is how they get power. Politicians respond to the electorate they face. You make the electorate older, and whiter, then politicians with push policies they like. If you make it more diverse, then more diverse policies can be considered. Look at the rhetoric in the midterms vs. presidential races. Or Senate races vs. Congressional races. Red v. Purple v. Blue districts. You can see how a more diverse electorate produces different policy positions by the candidates.

I wonder how many dudes complaining vote in local elections, go to town halls, make small donations, vote in primaries. There are tons of progressive black candidates that bring forward many more great ideas to help the community, but they don't get the support at the ballot. Some great candidates hope die in primaries, many don't run because they know the support will not be there. This is how you get you needs addressed, by mobbing the system, not disengaging and complaining the Dems are not doing enough to convince you to show up every four years. That at best is a fool’s errand.

And seriously, if folk are going to suggest an alternative, they need to put forward a well thought out alternative. There must be a reason for engaging in an activity that the people that mean you most harm want you to do anyway (racist white conservatives wanting you to not vote) better than "let us try something different". And they need to flush out their demands better. Because if you want to advocate for a change in course, you should be able to answer, “what comes next” and work through the mechanics, and be ready to face the unintended consequences

-Btw on Obama, I am not gonna defend his record but dudes need to drop the "he did for other groups but not us". Obama's thing is being inclusive, he reaches out of every faction of the left-wing coalition. Gay people like that he was the first president to endorsed same sex marriage and defend their civil rights in federal courts, but hate he never proposed formally adding them to the Civil Rights Act. Transgender people liked how he reached out to the community ahead of most politicians, they don't like his DOJ didn't defend them as fiercely as the gay community. Muslim leaders like the respect he showed their communities, they hate his drone war. Immigration activist liked DACA and his advocacy of a path to citizenship, they hate how many people he deported. The list goes on. Regarding black people, Obama also rebuilt the DOJ civil rights enforcement arm after Bush destroyed it and went after a few police forces. Dude tried, most of his best ideas (criminal justice reform, jobs programs, infrastructure programs in poor neighborhoods) got blocked. He didn't have unlimited power for 8 years, nor 2 years, and chose to favor some groups over other. Let us not act like he did for everyone else but one group is disingenuous, it is more complex than that. He did some good for many groups, many groups were still upset at some of his actions, and many groups wished he had done more. That's the reality.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson Estate Sues HBO For $100 Million Over Leaving Neverland

Michael-Jackson-Bad-645x370.jpg

https://411mania.com/music/michael-jackson-estate-sues-hbo-for-100-million-over-leaving-neverland/

HBO has been hit with a $100 million lawsuit over the planned premiere of the Michael Jackson docuseries Leaving Neverland. TMZ reports that the Estate has sued claiming that HBO signed a contract including a non-disparagement agreement in 1992.

According to the suit, the agreement prevented HBO from “make[ing] any disparaging remarks concerning Performer or any of his representatives, agents, or business practices or do any act that may harm or disparage or cause to lower in esteem the reputation or public image of performer.”

HBO, who will premiere the docuseries next month, told TMZ, “Despite the desperate lengths taken to undermine the film, our plans remain unchanged. HBO will move forward with the airing of LEAVING NEVERLAND, the two-part documentary, on March 3rd and 4th.”

-I honestly think dudes don't fully understand the mechanics of the political and electoral system. Or how coalition building is done

-Do I want the democratic party to more directly address the issues facing the black community, yes. I am aware of the realities of campaigning and coalition building in the system structured against multi-cultural multi-interest collations, yes. Do I think the only policies that can help black folk are targeted ones literally labelled “for black people”, no.

No one is asking folk to act like the Dems are the saviors, or voting Dem is a panacea, they are saying they are clearly the better choice. In fact, the people that blame the Dems for not saving black America are the ones that act like they saviors failing at their jobs. They are useful for what they are, so lets use them for what they are.

In the interim, so what is the Dems good for? How about serving as a fire wall to the real carnage white conservative want to unleash on all minorities especially African Americans. I always hear this "we survived slavery", "we survived Jim Crow", "we survived this", nah you didn't survive that, other folk did that those folks were never in a hurry to risk slipping back into those conditions. This talk to downplays how ****ed up Trump and the entire GOP are. If people think it is this is the worst it can get, they are extremely mistaken.

Ok let us give Trump and the GOP all the power, all of it. Watch how the Supreme Court gets so stacked that now any progressive policy to help black people that may get passed gets voided every summer. Let the GOP gerrymander every state so even if black people all joined together to vote a candidate for a Statehouse of Federal House seat it would be pointless. Watch them make it impossible for the Senate to ever be democratic (in the political and representative sense), basically guaranteeing white rural people an apartheid state at Federal level and in most of the states.

Want to know something Obama did to help millions of poor black people? Expand Medicaid. Millions of poor black people in the deep south, suck in **** states ran by the worst of the worst of racist politicians who routinely cut services to those communities were about to be forced to give million of poor black people free healthcare. But what stopped it? John Roberts’ bull**** interpretation of the commerce clause that allowed states to opt out of the expansion. You wanna know who several years previously predicted Robert would make a BS interpretation of the clause that would hurt the weakest people in America? Barrack Obama when he was a Senator. Now because of Trump we have two more clowns that think like Roberts on the court. Four more years he will get at least 2 more on there, plus all the scumbags he is filling lower courts with. One third of government is about to be extremely hostile to civil rights laws, and it will be so for a generation

White Supremacist knew what a win the Medicaid expansion was for poor African Americans. But some in the black community would say it was not because it was not labeled “specifically for black people”

ADOS includes establishing the voting rights act in the pro-black platform. Without it the black vote is getting suppressed at such a level that elections like the one in GA in November was pretty much stolen from a progressive black woman. Now which dude was the deciding vote on rolling in back the Voting Rights Act? You guessed it, John Roberts.

Obama could have flipped the Supreme Court progressive in 2016 but he couldn’t because the Dems lost the Senate in 2014, the reason for the Senate lost…..turnout, especially black turnout, was low. This not showing up things as already bitten the community in the ***.

That is not all, the Koch brothers want to get enough power to call a Constitutional Convention. If that happens, they can literally rewrite every single law in America and their goal is to completely void most civil rights legislation. Jim Crow unconstitutional? Not anymore. Keep thinking these conservatives are just interested in protecting the status quo, completely disengage, and watch them rob the entire black community of any agency it has. I am not even fear mongering, they have been open about the end game of a convention. If you'll really think the dudes funding black voter suppression across the country gonna act just like some out of touch liberals when it comes time to capture power, you are deluding yourself.

So it is not just a matter of being scared about the current state of affairs. It is about being aware of what is the end game for people that mean you the most harm

-Withholding you vote is one of the most short-sighted political moves a group can do in mass. If politicians don't think a bloc will turn out, that is when they really get ignored. Besides the lobbyist and donors that buy access, the groups that get their needs addressed the most are the ones that vote more reliably. Older people, evangelicals, gun owners, etc. They don't sit on the sidelines and engage in a diet hostage situation, they engage with the system at a higher level than most groups. That is how they get power. Politicians respond to the electorate they face. You make the electorate older, and whiter, then politicians with push policies they like. If you make it more diverse, then more diverse policies can be considered. Look at the rhetoric in the midterms vs. presidential races. Or Senate races vs. Congressional races. Red v. Purple v. Blue districts. You can see how a more diverse electorate produces different policy positions by the candidates.

I wonder how many dudes complaining vote in local elections, go to town halls, make small donations, vote in primaries. There are tons of progressive black candidates that bring forward many more great ideas to help the community, but they don't get the support at the ballot. Some great candidates hope die in primaries, many don't run because they know the support will not be there. This is how you get you needs addressed, by mobbing the system, not disengaging and complaining the Dems are not doing enough to convince you to show up every four years. That at best is a fool’s errand.

And seriously, if folk are going to suggest an alternative, they need to put forward a well thought out alternative. There must be a reason for engaging in an activity that the people that mean you most harm want you to do anyway (racist white conservatives wanting you to not vote) better than "let us try something different". And they need to flush out their demands better. Because if you want to advocate for a change in course, you should be able to answer, “what comes next” and work through the mechanics, and be ready to face the unintended consequences

-Btw on Obama, I am not gonna defend his record but dudes need to drop the "he did for other groups but not us". Obama's thing is being inclusive, he reaches out of every faction of the left-wing coalition. Gay people like that he was the first president to endorsed same sex marriage and defend their civil rights in federal courts, but hate he never proposed formally adding them to the Civil Rights Act. Transgender people liked how he reached out to the community ahead of most politicians, they don't like his DOJ didn't defend them as fiercely as the gay community. Muslim leaders like the respect he showed their communities, they hate his drone war. Immigration activist liked DACA and his advocacy of a path to citizenship, they hate how many people he deported. The list goes on. Regarding black people, Obama also rebuilt the DOJ civil rights enforcement arm after Bush destroyed it and went after a few police forces. Dude tried, most of his best ideas (criminal justice reform, jobs programs, infrastructure programs in poor neighborhoods) got blocked. He didn't have unlimited power for 8 years, nor 2 years, and chose to favor some groups over other. Let us not act like he did for everyone else but one group is disingenuous, it is more complex than that. He did some good for many groups, many groups were still upset at some of his actions, and many groups wished he had done more. That's the reality.

I thought I heard Mr. Know-it-alls, god of the board, cape flapping in the wind and headed this way. Right on que. With the same tired argument about nobody knowing anything (except him somehow).

What I am going to do is ask black AMERICANS (capitalized for emphasis) not to throw their vote to worthless Democrats not offering them tangible legislation.

What I am not going to do is get into pointless arguments about it and get to postiing whole term papers on the subject. You’re smart enough to translate that as meaning, don’t waste your time copy/pasting your same posts everytime some questions and challenges your liberal gods who have done nothing about the things you continuously rant about.

I thought I heard Mr. Know-it-alls, god of the board, cape flapping in the wind and headed this way. Right on que. With the same tired argument about nobody knowing anything (except him somehow).

What I am going to do is ask black AMERICANS (capitalized for emphasis) not to throw their vote to worthless Democrats not offering them tangible legislation.

What I am not going to do is get into pointless arguments about it and get to postiing whole term papers on the subject. You’re smart enough to translate that as meaning, don’t waste your time copy/pasting your same posts everytime some questions and challenges your liberal gods who have done nothing about the things you continuously rant about.
Dude you are pointless to engage with.

You rant and rant and rant and never really address the arguments being made to you.
You beleive in **** that makes you feel good, not **** that will be effective. The political and legislative process is more complex than you want to present.

So ****ing spare me.

Last edited:

You don't want tangible legislation. You want exclusive legislation, and you it offered by an exclusive candidate. Somehow, you are deluded enough to think that a pro-black-and-nobody-else candidate will even sniff the top of the polls in electoral primaries.

Good luck with Jim Crow 2.0.

Why are black People the only group that sits back and waits for legislation to be made on their behalf? Immigrants aren’t doing that, LGBTQ aren’t doing that, Jewish people aren’t doing that, and neither are special interest groups. Not at the local level, not the state level, and not at federal level. If we want to get behind a pro black candidate, whether they win or not, who are the people black people are putting up? How do we want our agenda to become policy? This hanging back, doing nothing and getting nothing for the sake of confirming that no one has our interests at heart is getting no where.

Why are black People the only group that sits back and waits for legislation to be made on their behalf? Immigrants aren’t doing that, LGBTQ aren’t doing that, Jewish people aren’t doing that, and neither are special interest groups. Not at the local level, not the state level, and not at federal level. If we want to get behind a pro black candidate, whether they win or not, who are the people black people are putting up? How do we want our agenda to become policy? This hanging back, doing nothing and getting nothing for the sake of confirming that no one has our interests at heart is getting no where.

-We should say "some black people". Because civil right activist have been integral in shaping criminal justice reform. Which in the political mainstream is consider a "black" issue. Macroeconomic policy has always come professional economist and the wonk class. Shrinking racial disparities are usually baked into the policy but if dudes want more targeted programs, you can't just sit on the sidelines and ask someone else to come up with the plan for you. Furthermore some dudes will hand wave effective policy because it is not marketed as exclusively for black people.

-Three black progressive ran for governorship positions this November. Abrams, Gillum, and Jealous. Abrams got the ****ing election stolen from her. Gillium ran up against structural roadblocks and was victim to constant smears and racist attacks. Jealous, a former NAACP leader, who had the most progressive so called "pro-black" platform of the bunch was abandoned at the ballot box because folk didn't want their taxes raised. And this story plays out at the state and local level constantly, year after year. But let some dudes tell it, these folk don't exist, and the hurdles that ended their political careers are only useful in pointing out how racist America is, but not to point out how the things that stop all these local black candidates constantly undermines the left's effort to deliver for black folk.

After the midterms Umar types were ranting about the voting rights act, and the GA election. Yet he will tell black folk not to vote.

This is why I always say dudes don't really understand politics and civic engagement. Not because I think I am smarter than them, or have some secret knowledge. It is because the most dangerous advocates of white supremacy are constantly and smugly snitching on themselves about their tactics and what the end game is, but some people refuse to listen.

Last edited:
Every other group looks out for themselves specifically and it's all good. LGBT, Latinos, immigrant groups. The minute black people start looking out themselves folks get real nervous and shoot it down. We're suppose to just be quiet and get along. :smh: :lol:

I think what you are doing is missing the point that although Dems aren't really 100% for black people, which I think everybody admits and agrees with you on, they are vastly better than the alternative. I know we SHOULDN'T have to vote or live our lives choosing the lesser of two evils but dammit that's currently our only choice. We can either allow Rep candidates to skate through the voting process knowing they don't give a single rat's a** about us or vote in somebody who cares a little bit.

Nobody is asking, at least nobody in here, is saying "be quiet and get along" but they are saying that in a choice between close minded racists and someone who is potentially open minded, the choice is easy to see

-We should say "some black people". Because civil right activist have been integral in shaping criminal justice reform. Which in the political mainstream is consider a "black" issue. Macroeconomic policy has always come professional economist and the wonk class. Shrinking racial disparities are usually baked into the policy but if dudes want more targeted programs, you can't just sit on the sidelines and ask someone else to come up with the plan for you. Furthermore some dudes will hand wave effective policy because it is not marketed as exclusively for black people.

-Three black progressive ran for governorship positions this November. Abrams, Gillum, and Jealous. Abrams got the ****ing election stolen from her. Gillium ran up against structural roadblocks and was victim to constant smears and racist attacks. Jealous, a former NAACP leader, who had the most progressive so called "pro-black" platform of the bunch was abandoned at the ballot box because folk didn't want their taxes raised. And this story plays out at the state and local level constantly, year after year. But let some dudes tell it, these folk don't exist, and the hurdles that ended their political careers are only useful in pointing out how racist America is, but not to point out how the things that stop all these local black candidates constantly undermines the left's effort to deliver for black folk.

After the midterms Umar types were ranting about the voting rights act, and the GA election. Yet he will tell black folk not to vote.

This is why I always say dudes don't really understand politics and civic engagement. Not because I think I am smarter than them, or have some secret knowledge. It is because the most dangerous advocates of white supremacy are constantly and smugly snitching on themselves about their tactics and what the end game is, but some people refuse to listen.

You’re right, I should say the black people that are currently fed up with the How Dems represent them. And the people who don’t understand that until we all become a civically engaged force that can be sophisticated enough to leverage our votes in policy that specifically reflects our agenda, the most Dems are gonna do for us is make push off Jim Crow level white supremacy with as much power as their able to hold on too.

I think what you are doing is missing the point that although Dems aren't really 100% for black people, which I think everybody admits and agrees with you on, they are vastly better than the alternative. I know we SHOULDN'T have to vote or live our lives choosing the lesser of two evils but dammit that's currently our only choice. We can either allow Rep candidates to skate through the voting process knowing they don't give a single rat's a** about us or vote in somebody who cares a little bit.

Nobody is asking, at least nobody in here, is saying "be quiet and get along" but they are saying that in a choice between close minded racists and someone who is potentially open minded, the choice is easy to see
Yeah, but I think we also have to consider that the gulf between the median GOP candidate and the median Democratic candidate is growing larger and larger as the years go by. Since the 70s the Dems have been slowly marching toward a justice platform, the GOP quickly toward a platform of white supremacy. One party slowly becomes less useless, the other becoming more and more dangerous. If was 25 years ago, I would probably be apathetic too based on what I saw. Now, given the electoral system and partisan lines, it is clear who is the better choice.

Also truly 100% for black people candidates die silent deaths in local elections and primaries partly because folk don't care about those elections as much.

The GOP ran numerous legit white supremacist this past cycle. I am not talking about "systemic inequality supporting" white folk, I mean ethnostate supporting white folk. The Dems are not my saviors and ****ing frustrating (even infuriating) as **** at times. But they do not present the level of danger to black communities the GOP does. So at a minimum, I want there to be some firewall against them.

You don't want tangible legislation. You want exclusive legislation, and you it offered by an exclusive candidate. Somehow, you are deluded enough to think that a pro-black-and-nobody-else candidate will even sniff the top of the polls in electoral primaries.

Good luck with Jim Crow 2.0.

Bingo, that is exactly what I want. Finally, the light bulb has come on. Black people, then when can move on to everybody else.

It’s funny how whenever people start demanding a black agenda, and questioning your precious white supremacist liberals and their black democrat flunkies commitment to a black agenda, you guys put your capes and superhero tap dance shoes on, start finger wagging about how “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”, “what about da judges and da courts”, “but Obama did dis and dat” staaahhhhp.

When gays and transsexuals are demanding to use male/female bathrooms and get married, you aren’t on here with that “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”

When people caping for immigrants talk about defunding ICE, and shutting down the border patrol and extending DACA, you aren’t on here with that “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”

When Jewish people are demanding billions in aid to Israel, hate crime legislation, so forth and so on, you aren’t on here with that “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”

When black people want something specifically, then all of the excuses come out.

I’m not some 20 or 30 year old for you to try to be finger wagging and reprimanding. Then the minute someone comes in here that does understand politics BUT VOTED FOR A REPUBLICAN instead, you guys start wagging the other finger. So the bottom line is that you want black people to blindly vote for Democrats. Just be honest about it. And lately it’s been black immigrants trying to shame black Americans into putting their demands on the shelf so that everyone else can get their handouts. Sit down with that.

How about this, take all of this finger wagging and splainin’ to your conservative and centrist white co-workers, right now, today and break your political philosophies down to THEM. Rant to them everything you rant about here, what is and isn’t being done and what you think should be done. But you won’t, because Monday morning you’ll be posting on the jobless NT’ers thread.

Last edited:
Bingo, that is exactly what I want. Finally the light bulb has come on. Black people, then when can move on to everybody else.

I don’t even disagree with this being the goal. What I want to know is how are we going to make this happen if not of our own effort? Strategically speaking wouldn’t the path to this ultimately to facilitate a political environment not steeped in far right wing/white supremacist ideology? If this is the goal how do we make sure our political efforts today facilitate this tomorrow?

Last edited:
Bingo, that is exactly what I want. Finally, the light bulb has come on. Black people, then when can move on to everybody else.

It’s funny how whenever people start demanding a black agenda, and questioning your precious white supremacist liberals and their black democrat flunkies commitment to a black agenda, you guys put your capes and superhero tap dance shoes on, start finger wagging about how “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”, “what about da judges and da courts”, “but Obama did dis and dat” staaahhhhp.

When gays and transsexuals are demanding to use male/female bathrooms and get married, you aren’t on here with that “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”

When people caping for immigrants talk about defunding ICE, and shutting down the border patrol and extending DACA, you aren’t on here with that “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”

When Jewish people are demanding billions in aid to Israel, hate crime legislation, so forth and so on, you aren’t on here with that “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”

When black people want something specifically, then all of the excuses come out.

I’m not some 20 or 30 year old for you to try to be finger wagging and reprimanding. Then the minute someone comes in here that does understand politics BUT VOTED FOR A REPUBLICAN instead, you guys start wagging the other finger. So the bottom line is that you want black people to blindly vote for Democrats. Just be honest about it. And lately it’s been black immigrants trying to shame black Americans into putting their demands on the shelf so that everyone else can get their handouts. Sit down with that.

How about this, take all of this finger wagging and splainin’ to your conservative and centrist white co-workers, right now, today and break your political philosophies down to THEM. Rant to them everything you rant about here, what is and isn’t being done and what you think should be done. But you won’t, because Monday morning you’ll be posting on the jobless NT’ers thread.
You can keep throwing jabs about me being an immigrant, I really don't give a flying **** to be honest. If you want to paint me as less American because I was not born in America, then I know a politician that agrees with you...Trump. So you can vote him since you both agree on that.

And a pro-black agenda that needs to go through legislative means and beat a filibuster is different than things that can be done through executive order, executive order, budget reconciliation, things done at the state level, or things done through a SCOTUS ruling. If any group wants a large legislative agenda to be passed, I would be pointing out the same roadblocks. It is not just for black people. At this point you're just making a strawman argument about what I have said.

Your ranting is just proving my point

Last edited:

They're not 100% or 50% or 25% or 10% for black people. Democrats have not shown through any real action that they're open minded to black americans. The entire system at its roots is dirty. It was built on racism and it still runs on that. I'm cool on picking the one that's racist with a smile.

I don’t even disagree with this being the goal. What I want to know is how are we going to make this happen if not of our own effort? Strategically speaking wouldn’t the path to this ultimately to facilitate a political environment not steeped in far right wing/white supremacist ideology? If this is the goal how do we make sure our political efforts today facilitate this tomorrow?

Holding politicians accountable to include you in their action plans, by addressing you directly (not "you" as an individual, but "you" as a group). Bring me your action plan/agenda and I will decide whether I will vote for you or not. You are coming to ME for a vote, I am not coming to you asking if I can vote for you. They do this all the time with other marginalized groups, they list what they plan to do for them and how they plan to do it. White supremacist politicians tell white supremacists exactly what they plan to do for them to get their votes. Good, bad or indifferent. Trump told his base he was going to build a wall, that is exactly what he is trying to get DONE. Trump told his base he was going to block muslims from entering the country, that is exactly what he got DONE, even if only temporarily. AOC is trying to get things done (for immigrants). Kamala Harris, Cory Booker stated things they want to get done (for immigrants and LGBT). So Democrats can’t tell black Americans directly, what they plan to get done and make an honest attempt to do it? I guess not since it comes back to “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”, “what about da judges and da courts”, “but Obama let some people out of prison early”. Please…lets just blindy vote for Democrats and hope over the course of their terms they eventually get around to us. If not, well their hands were tied I guess. We'll try again next time around.

You can keep throwing jabs about me being an immigrant, I really don't give a flying **** to be honest. If you want to paint me as less American because I was not born in America, then I know a politician that agrees with you...Trump. So you can vote him since you both agree on that.

And a pro-black agenda that needs to go through legislative means and beat a filibuster is different than things that can be done through executive order, executive order, budget reconciliation, things done at the state level, or things done through a SCOTUS ruling. If any group wants a large legislative agenda to be passed, I would be pointing out the same roadblocks. It is not just for black people.

Your ranting is just proving my point

Dude I'm not concerned with your points, or lack thereof. Hit dogs holler. Though I know that you like the thumbs up for your condescending posts to everyone who you don't agree with around these parts. So just keep it moving please.

I forsee in the near future a rise of left leaning republicans. They're gonna get left behind if they don't learn how to appeal to minorities and women.

Dude I'm not concerned with your points, or lack thereof. Hit dogs holler. Though I know that you like the thumbs up for your condescending posts to everyone who you don't agree with around these parts. So just keep it moving please.
There is a ton of hypocrisy in this post

And you seemed more concerned about my reps than I am.

Last edited:
I forsee in the near future a rise of left leaning republicans. They're gonna get left behind if they don't learn how to appeal to minorities and women.
I doubt it. That is why the GOP is such in a hurry to rig the system in their favor, they never want a time where they have to appeal to them.

The median Senate voter is more male, whiter, and rural than the median voter, and way more than the average citizen. Demographic changes are not gonna change that for a couple more generations.

If they gerrymander, voter suppress, control the courts, and keep the electoral college,they never have to give a **** about anyone other than their base. It is only if poor whites people turn them do they have a problem under this system.

Last edited:
Holding politicians accountable to include you in their action plans, by addressing you directly (not "you" as an individual, but "you" as a group). Bring me your action plan/agenda and I will decide whether I will vote for you or not. You are coming to ME for a vote, I am not coming to you asking if I can vote for you. They do this all the time with other marginalized groups, they list what they plan to do for them and how they plan to do it. White supremacist politicians tell white supremacists exactly what they plan to do for them to get their votes. Good, bad or indifferent. Trump told his base he was going to build a wall, that is exactly what he is trying to get DONE. Trump told his base he was going to block muslims from entering the country, that is exactly what he got DONE, even if only temporarily. AOC is trying to get things done (for immigrants). Kamala Harris, Cory Booker stated things they want to get done (for immigrants and LGBT). So Democrats can’t tell black Americans directly, what they plan to get done and make an honest attempt to do it? I guess not since it comes back to “you don’t understand politics”, “dey won’t make da primaries”, “what about da judges and da courts”, “but Obama let some people out of prison early”. Please…lets just blindy vote for Democrats and hope over the course of their terms they eventually get around to us. If not, well their hands were tied I guess. We'll try again next time around.

All the groups you mentioned aren’t simply courted by politicians because politicians want their vote. These groups have political records of organizing and literally leveraging their votes on the behalf of their agendas. And in return for their political support (which also means boots on the ground, fundraising, and leveraging the support of other political groups they have agreements with) politicians turn their agenda line items into policy. Politicians cater to these marginalized groups because these groups wield their political power in more ways than just casting a ballot, and that power has turned into party platforms that the democractic party knows they can’t win without campaigning for. In that respect, what is the black equivalent outside of the dedicated civil rights activists? Where are the groups that represent black interests that politicians know they’re going to have to face if they don’t follow through on their promises? Where are the grass roots candidates that represent our black interests that we’re empowering in our polical systems. Don’t get it twisted, Dems come to marginalized groups with policy because those groups have people and orginizations every level of politics making sure that Booker and Harris know that their political aspirations will go nowhere if they don’t do what they were put there to do. Politicians aren’t doing this out of the kindness of their own hearts, they’re loyal to and accountable to the people that got them into those positions.

Back
Top Bottom