Black Culture Discussion Thread

brp, all words and names are made up. I call it "Africa" you can call it whatever you truly believe its called

1572383220236.png

Are we in agreement KHUFU KHUFU that a majoirty of our descent is from this geographical region originally? yes or no?
We were indeed birthed in that region.

My head hurts

Ok, there are great strong black people, and their are weak black people.

Timeout....one last question.

Can we all agree that a majority of us in here ancestry are from Africa? Can we all agree on that? Therefore thats the common bond we all have. Im not talking about our individual nationalites like "oh, but im America" or, "Im Egyptian" or "I dont like to be called African, Im Trinidadian"

All of us in here are descendants of people from Africa....right?

Yes we are. That’s the thing: nationality and ethnicity is viewed differently to the rest of the world.

Same here.

I was considered an American when growing up in Europe (military).

Didnt even know I was Black until I came to the US at the age of 12.

Kinda hard to explain.

I knew I was Black by the color of my skin of course...but I didnt know what came with it until I ended up moving from Germany to North Carolina.

Then I got it from both sides.

Learned quick that there are N-words, African Americans, and Black people just like theres Rednecks / Crackers, ******, and white people.

One of my dearest friend from France had that happened to him. He came over here in America and was racial labeled. It blew his mind.

I say that to say, once he finished school - he went back :lol:

Last edited:
My issue is that I do not want to credit Africa with all that we have accomplished here, while under a RACIST SYSTEM. Africa had absolutely nothing to do with what we've accomplished here in the West. Yes, our ancestry is from the continent. But what we've accomplished here was done after we were stripped of our identity, our physical connection. What we've survived is a testament to our ancestry, bloodlines, but what we must also acknowledge is that we did this stuff here on our own, and Africa had nothing to do with it outside of helping to get us on those boats.

Trust, if Black people were complete failures even while under duress? Those so called Africans wound not feel the need to imitate what it is that we do here. While in Egypt, while in Ghana, while in Zaire, I heard them playing stuff we created....PE, 'Pac, all were heavy in their rotation.

all I asked was if we can call agree that we are descendants of Africa and yet you go on a long defensive rant. It’s crazy how much we are programmed to hate our origin. That’s all I’m saying bro KHUFU KHUFU

all I asked was if we can call agree that we are descendants of Africa and yet you go on a long defensive rant. It’s crazy how much we are programmed to hate our origin. That’s all I’m saying bro KHUFU KHUFU
No, you will not get away with that. Not when you entertained humor when I stated that I learned Ancient Egyptian for the very reasons that you claim to be so righteous about.

I can speak the language of my earliest ancestors, can you?

Tomorrow morning, imma create a thread called Black/African Diaspora Culture Appreciation. Too much of y’all just want to love a piece of the pie and not the whole. Have a goodnight fellas

Tomorrow morning, imma create a thread called Black/African Diaspora Culture Appreciation. Too much of y’all just want to love a piece of the pie and not the whole. Have a goodnight fellas
Your criticism comes off just as insensitive as the white racist who'll tell you that since you are Jamaican? That you are not Black.

Bro I don’t care about petty labels from people. I’m black and I’m African, I don’t care about some burger on the internet I don’t know about like the person who wrote that tweet KHUFU KHUFU

My issue is that I do not want to credit Africa with all that we have accomplished here, while under a RACIST SYSTEM. Africa had absolutely nothing to do with what we've accomplished here in the West. Yes, our ancestry is from the continent. But what we've accomplished here was done after we were stripped of our identity, our physical connection. What we've survived is a testament to our ancestry, bloodlines, but what we must also acknowledge is that we did this stuff here on our own, and Africa had nothing to do with it outside of helping to get us on those boats.

Trust, if Black people were complete failures even while under duress? Those so called Africans wound not feel the need to imitate what it is that we do here. While in Egypt, while in Ghana, while in Zaire, I heard them playing stuff we created....PE, 'Pac, all were heavy in their rotation.
You should be ashamed of, denounce, and not show any pride in your culture.

to hell w/ the slaves that slaved from 1619 to 1866 (not including the prison industrial complex).

to hell w/ our ancestors basically building this country we call "The United States of America.

to hell w/ all the people that put theirs and their loved ones live on the line while fighting for our civil rights and allow us to do simple things like idk... being able to drink from a water fountain w/o getting our as$es kicked.

to hell w/ the blues, jazz, soul, rock n' roll (already did that), r&b, and hip hop.

just to hell w/ your heritage.

U shouldn't be proud of, acknowledge, or accept who u are b/c that's wrong and doesn't some peoples standards.
Also, disregard the identity you and your ancestors have built because some man from a foreign land w/ ethnocentric views told you to.
Hold up, am I talking about slavery?

I don’t think I saw anyone in this thread diminishing the accomplishments of black Americans. Where’s that rant coming from?
The pompous and hypocritical bomboclaat that claims to love Africa so much, yet chooses to become a American citizen and benefit from what my Black ancestors fought for in order for ungrateful people like him to have just so he can discredit them and look down on ppl like myself that identify w/ them and the culture they've built for me.

The pompous and hypocritical bomboclaat that claims to love Africa so much, yet chooses to become a American citizen and benefit from what my Black ancestors fought for in order for ungrateful people like him to have just so he can discredit them and look down on ppl like myself that identify w/ them and the culture they've built for me.
In his commentary, it is just like the Egyptians not being able to build those pyramids without slavery, or help from some supposed higher intelligence.

Black people only did great things, because they are connected to Africa. No, we did things, doing outstanding things in this world, because of our ancestors who sacrificed for us. Yeah, we came from the continent, but I must remember, the continent didn't do a damn thing in order to free us either.

No, we did things, doing outstanding things in this world, because of our ancestors who sacrificed for us. Yeah, we came from the continent, but I must remember, the continent didn't do a damn thing in order to free us either.

ain’t this the truth!

Unfortunately much of the continent was under colonial regime and wasn’t in much a position to help anyone.
Those corrupt supposed chiefs who sold us out most certainly helped themselves.

Just like with their ignoring the Priestesses who warned them against the WHITE people who were trying to trade through the use of worthless goods, those Chiefs only thought of themselves, then helped with the raids upon those villages that became defenseless due to the wars.

Along with allowing racism to proliferate, they also allowed SEXISM to run rampant as well.

I wont let that part of my history cause me to disassociate with those ancestors anymore than I would with 'black' here in America with regard to how some conduct themselves.

I haven't experienced what u type to that extreme, I have a had A Nigerian teacher & another from some French speaking country in Africa, and they were so disconnected and befuddled by us Black kids culturally. :rofl: We are not same people. Being Black from America and being Fulani just isn't the same thing.
but many fulani ppl were taken, enslaved and brought here.
to me it IS the same. we are displaced. our differences come from what was done to us. nothing more.

speaking of fulani

obviously ppl never forgot. the ties are there.
no way in hell am i embracing what these white supremacists have laid out for us as life.
africa is our true home IMHO. they can never take that away from us.
da proof is in da pudding, b.

look how we move.

Back
Top Bottom