Black Culture Discussion Thread

Dude, you are straight out of the 1950s. You’re married?

Yes I’m married, and if you mean “of the 1950’s” meaning in a successful marriage then the answer is yes to that as well. By the way…..my lady has a Masters.

I also grew up watching The Mack…..so the game is in me heavy. You dudes better stop pedestalizing these woman, soak up the game and put it together. Most of you dudes would never and more importantly have never gotten an invite to the Players Ball…….and it shows.

Yes I’m married, and if you mean “of the 1950’s” meaning in a successful marriage then the answer is yes to that as well. By the way…..my lady has a Masters.

I also grew up watching The Mack…..so the game is in me heavy. You dudes better stop pedestalizing these woman, soak up the game and put it together. Most of you dudes would never and more importantly have never gotten an invite to the Players Ball…….and it shows.
If successful means a compliant and submissive wife, then I get that from my dogs.

What about just being with someone that makes you happy. Gotta stop prioritizing all this (white)man made BS, because, low key, they not.

makes perfect sense but do folk know what will actually induce/produce happiness for themselves? then there’s the attraction factor…

Exactly, unless you’re looking for a trophy wife. Educational status correlates to socioeconomic status so it holds some importance for sure.

Amanda Seales just seems annoying in general.

yea, i do find her personality (at least from what i know if her/seen) to be grating…while men definitely are more likely to date down & definitely have differing standards for the short term & wifing as opposed to women, the reality is people get with the folk who they are in proximity to…

Fools really scared of a black woman who’s educated and not submissive. These dudes cease to amaze me.

Any man who wants a woman with no backbone that he can walk all over is the definition of a sucker.

How is being educated flaw? :lol: :lol:

Trust me, there’s a guy out there for her. There truly is someone for everyone

nah, can’t say that for the surplus of dudes in mainland china for whom the literally aren’t enough women to get with, further there are men & women alike who just aren’t suitable for relationship. along with the overall loosening of the perceived need to pair up

i don’t know that any man is ‘scared’ of educated or even aggressive/not submissive women, that type just isn’t generally a preference for most men…i won’t say that being educated is a flaw but it fasho can come with some negative externalities/consequences

Take the cape off champ.

😂 how am i caping tho?

Last edited:
I can honestly say any man of value isn’t SCARED of an educated woman. Reason being is men don’t really care about that for the most part and men still make and earn more than wome. Most women are drowning in student loan debt.

Men care about how cooperative you are, are you submissive and if you can follow instructions or not. Amanda doesn’t fit that bill.
Did I take the red pill?

makes perfect sense but do folk know what will actually induce/produce happiness for themselves? then there’s the attraction factor…

Dwayne Wade GIFs | Tenor

Big facts.

Men don’t care about an educated woman?

You wanna have someone you can’t talk about current events or finances with because her brain is a box of rocks? You want your kids raised by an idiot?

What the **** do y’all be talking about man? :lol:
As long as she lets you order her around, cooks and cleans, who cares about brains? You must’ve never heard of IceBerg Slim, my guy.

There's a Toni Morrison quote about the most effective function of racism being its role as a distraction, and I'm reminded of that when I come in here sometimes... And also reminded that it's true of sexism too. Women have to combat with the built-in idea that they're just tools to be submissive and useful to their owner(s).

Can't fathom how long it might take to even get to real issues in our community, all while folks in power watch us fight over fake titles that they manufactured for us. Hopefully it will not take disasters for us to be able to focus on actual issues in our community. Always optimistic and prep to fight for the cause tho

Quote in question:

The function, the very serious function of racism is distraction. It keeps you from doing your work. It keeps you explaining, over and over again, your reason for being. Somebody says you have no language and you spend twenty years proving that you do. Somebody says your head isn’t shaped properly so you have scientists working on the fact that it is. Somebody says you have no art, so you dredge that up. Somebody says you have no kingdoms, so you dredge that up. None of this is necessary. There will always be one more thing​

You ain’t slicker than me boss… I’d read allllll the Iceberg Slim Books from Trick Baby, to Black Mama Widow, to the naked soul of… by the age of 13.

You was reading Harry Potter books and begging other kids for their half-eaten school lunch :lol: :lol:

You might’ve watched the “Mack” but you paid more attention to Pretty Tony, than Max Julien :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many kids do you have? Do you smoke or drink? Does your wife have good hygiene or, you got one of them footdraggers who takes a h** bath every few days?

I treat women as they present themselves.

You probably was the type of dude that ran trains, went last and ended up falling in love with the her.

You or your wife pledge any frats or sororities?

Doing all that talking and you probably don’t own anything or generate any type of money :lol: :lol:

You can’t outslick a slickster…

You ain’t slicker than me boss… I’d read allllll the Iceberg Slim Books from Trick Baby, to Black Mama Widow, to the naked soul of… by the age of 13.

You was reading Harry Potter books and begging other kids for their half-eaten school lunch :lol: :lol:

You might’ve watched the “Mack” but you paid more attention to Pretty Tony, than Max Julien :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many kids do you have? Do you smoke or drink? Does your wife have good hygiene or, you got one of them footdraggers who takes a h** bath every few days?

I treat women as they present themselves.

You probably was the type of dude that ran trains, went last and ended up falling in love with the her.

You or your wife pledge any frats or sororities?

Doing all that talking and you probably don’t own anything or generate any type of money :lol: :lol:

You can’t outslick a slickster…

Bless your heart.

Dwayne Wade GIFs | Tenor

Big facts.

it could be the over availability of stimuli in the modern world but in general we aren’t/weren’t necessarily evolved for happiness, so some of the things that might indeed be best/more suitable in that regard are actually not obvious at all, especially in the short term…sexual selection is about reproduction & reproduction is about getting the next generation to reproduce
ADVERTISEMENT​

Men don’t care about an educated woman?

You wanna have someone you can’t talk about current events or finances with because her brain is a box of rocks? You want your kids raised by an idiot?

What the **** do y’all be talking about man? :lol:

this is generally accepted to be true for men, being educated ≠ being a good mate & lack of education ≠ to being a literal dunce that can’t hold a convo; it’s not that education is irrelevant because it does contribute but it really isn’t a key attraction disqualifier/measure for men the way it tends to be for women (tho now that women aren’t as concerned with men providing guidance, we see the choices they make in regards to men aren’t as connected to competence rather their physical attraction).

There's a Toni Morrison quote about the most effective function of racism being its role as a distraction, and I'm reminded of that when I come in here sometimes... And also reminded that it's true of sexism too. Women have to combat with the built-in idea that they're just tools to be submissive and useful to their owner(s).

Can't fathom how long it might take to even get to real issues in our community, all while folks in power watch us fight over fake titles that they manufactured for us. Hopefully it will not take disasters for us to be able to focus on actual issues in our community. Always optimistic and prep to fight for the cause tho

Quote in question:

eh, i can see this criticism, but it’s well documented that humans are tribal in nature, so it isn’t necessarily surprising that we are atomized/atomizing given the scope of our modern societies really outstrips our evolved nature…

as an aside, i think it’s really interesting that you mentioned women having to:

‘combat with the built-in idea that they're just tools to be submissive and useful to their owner(s).’

because don’t men have to deal with this to an extent as well? it seems to me that men have historically been cool with the reality that they have build themselves up & this requires being useful; it’s really only in the modern egalitarian context that men & women are complaining & have the agency to really argue about the roles they have traditionally inhabited…for better & worse it sparks conflict, debate, discussions, & productivity where there previously were no questions

You’re right, lack of education doesn’t mean you’re a complete dunce, however, I’m gonna keep it real with you bro, a good portion of Black women have at minimum a bachelor’s degree. With the exception of one person, every woman I’ve met over their mid twenties without a bachelor’s has been an idiot :lol:

You’re right, lack of education doesn’t mean you’re a complete dunce, however, I’m gonna keep it real with you bro, a good portion of Black women have at minimum a bachelor’s degree. With the exception of one person, every woman I’ve met over their mid twenties without a bachelor’s has been an idiot :lol:

Exactly. Bro, even some of the hood girls I went to school with, cared about their education and maintained GREAT grades.

I had a cousin who was a straight A student but her mom and dad didn’t really care about education so, she struggled at FAMU. Fast forward now, she works for Spirit airlines and travels across the country to train. She’s 32 and just bought a house 2 years ago.

I have cousins who graduated from Texas Southern, North Texas, Nova Southeastern, FSU.

My mom has held the same job at Broward General medical center since 1993. My Grandmother has been at her job since 1971.

I just come from a line of educated women so, can’t let them get slighted but, my “pimp hand” can still be strong.

My cousin in Texas owns two homes, literally would fly to audit banks WHILE pregnant. I have another cousin with an autistic son, she’s got degrees from FSU and NSU and she owns 3 homes.

Some of these women are GETTING IT!

My 23 year old cousin just got her pharmacy degree from FAMU.

6 females in my family all under 40 are KILLING the game.

I’m just saying, don’t know about some families out here but the women I grew with and around all had major hustle game.

My family is predominately women and it’s shameful but, they’re outpacing the me n.

Im one of the few males in my family who hasn’t done prison or jail time. I’m probably the only one without a criminal record :lol:

Back
Top Bottom