Black Folk, Where are we at when it comes to allowing others to use N word with the A

Originally Posted by rashi

I don't care what color you are, you sound ignorant as hell if you use it. 

In public yes but in private convo with friends it shouldn't be a big deal

I agree.

And if you think about it, there are a faction of folks who were around during segregation/Civil Rights movement that were called this on a daily basis.  Out of respect for them, it should be easy NOT to use.  I don't care how people try to twist it to a "positive."  There's nothing postive about the word. 

Originally Posted by ricky409

I say it...

I get miffed if a white person says it.

I don't get miffed when a Mexican says it. But I tell them to chill.

I don't call whites or Mexicans the word...

But I use it. Alot.

#comeatmebro
there are other latinos besides Mexicans out there, believe it or not

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Originally Posted by ricky409

I say it...

I get miffed if a white person says it.

I don't get miffed when a Mexican says it. But I tell them to chill.

I don't call whites or Mexicans the word...

But I use it. Alot.

#comeatmebro
there are other latinos besides Mexicans out there, believe it or not

Dude lives in Texas.

as long as the average rap song uses it freely, people will use it freely. im pretty indeifferent to it but it does sound kinda awkward when a non black uses it.

I'm black and I don't say it... I don't like how black people or anyone else uses it either.

This.  Also, I have a friend who uses it constantly around is 5 year old daughter.  It bothers me.
ohwell.gif

I gotta question

Why doesn't anybody get mad @ DJ Khaled when he says it?

Do people think he is Hispanic? SRS question.
nerd.gif

Is it because he makes "good" music? If his music was garbage would black people be upset then?

I am black btw.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I agree.

And if you think about it, there are a faction of folks who were around during segregation/Civil Rights movement that were called this on a daily basis.  Out of respect for them, it should be easy NOT to use.  I don't care how people try to twist it to a "positive."  There's nothing postive about the word. 

DoubleJs- It's easy to think that way. But, I have 16 aunts/uncles all born just south of B-ham, Alabama and they're all 55-75 yrs old, including my mother.. They all use N-word, mostly with negative connotations, who are we to censor them, and or label them as ignorant? 

As someone stated before, blacks OWN the word, I know that may come as real surprising and silly, for those not able to grasp, but it's true. For the past 60 years, we've had the power to extinguish it, or give it more fuel. We've done the latter. Considering the history of N'er, N'gro, N'ga, any variation of the word should be put to rest, but without the full unification of blacks in America it's not going to happen. So as long as WE drop it in every song, movie, television show, consistently use it outside of our communities, WE as blacks can't blame anyone.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Regardless of what think, blacks own the word just like other races own other derogatory words about their ethnicity. However, any word, used as a weapon will hurt.

You don't see Jewish people calling each other Kites, Hispanics calling each other spics and Native Americans calling each other ********. Only Blacks do that crap.

For starters, Let me put it like this I would never say something around any race that would make them feel uncomfortable when it relates to racial slurs...I never use it around non-blacks, all my non white friends know how I feel about it, its just a respect thing to me, if I got enough respect to not say it around you don't say it around me

LilPro - as many people as you may know who are 50+ who do use it, there are just as many who don't because of the negative connotation associated. There is NOTHING powerful about the word. Civil Rights movement was about getting equality. The things that people like MLK were fighting for was to abolish the hatred shown towards blacks by way of actions AND words. It's a racial SLUR. Nothing empowering or good about it. Like I said before, it's very easy not to use it. I don't see the point in getting upset at others ignorance when you are doing just the same.

My Asian neighbors are always using it. When my Black friends come over they stop 
grin.gif

I gotta question

Khaled if FRAUD status and needs to be checked on using the word as well, and for the record overall he DOESN'T make good music. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I gotta question

Khaled if FRAUD status and needs to be checked on using the word as well, and for the record overall he DOESN'T make good music. 
I know and I put "good" music in quotations for a reason 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

I'm black and I don't say it... I don't like how black people or anyone else uses it either.

What do you mean you dont say it? More background about you..Do you listen to rap/hip hop? Are you around the urban environment? 

You white dudes that use it frequently...Are you using it around other white folks or black people too? And where do you live?

I use it around everyone.

I'm from Florida, btw.

Meh. The real problem is all these sports teams using racist slurs for native americans. (********?? Really?? Smh) But in all honesty, me being a % native american, I don't really find it offensive, just something I sorta laugh at. And I think other people of other races should do the same when it comes to their slurs. I don't think people should be using them and what not, but when u name your band NWA. Or your album.. n----- in paris(correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the name of the cd right??). what do you expect??

I just call people "dude" or by their names. That's just me though.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I gotta question

I know and I put "good" music in quotations for a reason 
laugh.gif

No doubt.  I was saying that part for anyone in here that thought or thinks that Khaled makes good music
happy.gif

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

You white dudes that use it frequently...Are you using it around other white folks or black people too? And where do you live?

I'm from Florida, btw.
These dudes sound too surprised. All races use the word out here in NYC and nobody cares. Its just a word.

Personally, I dont use it but I don't care who does.

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

I'm from Florida, btw.
These dudes sound too surprised. All races use the word out here in NYC and nobody cares. Its just a word.

Personally, I dont use it but I don't care who does.

This.  Living in NYC/the boroughs I've never heard anyone second guess the use of the word regardless of the race of the individual using it.  We got bigger !!%% to worry about out here.

I'm black I say it

If your not black and you use it around me we have an issue

I dont use it at work because I work with mostly white people and I'm not givin em an excuse I'd hate to have to slap one of em

better questions is why do non-black people wanna say %%+*$! sooo bad? 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom