Black Friday & Holiday Deals 2017 Thread - November 24th

It’s 180 b. You aren’t getting a great tv but if you are a casual viewer who doesn’t game, you’ll be fine.

I def game, but im looking to buy a projector to do gaming on

TV would be just for firestick, streaming, casual gaming, etc.

I don't know how it is with Discover but with Chase, they basically will refund you the difference from a purchase within 90 days for an identical item. You just provide them with documentation of the advertisement when they send you the claim form.

This works with any Chase CC? I have a sapphire card. I can get a tv now that’s going on sale Black Friday and then file a claim and get the difference back?

This works with any Chase CC? I have a sapphire card. I can get a tv now that’s going on sale Black Friday and then file a claim and get the difference back?

You'll have to double check, but I know for sure it works with the Slate.

Make sure yall get rid of some stuff too before you go off buying a bunch of things you don't need.

Dudes tryna finsse credit companies...where I come from, that's called fraud or scam.

Not worth it. You can find good deals besides on black Friday. Limit the crap that u don't need.

Its called price protection. Its considered a credit card perk. Not sure how someone would consider this fraud.

quick google search.
not sure if 100% accurate

• Chase: Offered on eligible cards. Valid within 90 dates of the date of purchase. Benefit of $500 per item and $2,500 annually per account. Benefit of $50 per item and $150 per year on advertisements of cash-only, close-out, liquidation and going-out-of-business sales. Excluded items include cellphone service agreements, refurbished items and items purchased outside the U.S.
  • Citi: Offered on U.S.-issued cards. Valid within 60 days of purchase. Benefit is limited to $500 per item and $2,500 annually per account. Excluded items include tickets, products that can spoil or be consumed and jewelry (except watches).
  • Discover: Offered on all cards. Valid within 90 days of purchase. Benefit is limited to $500 per item and $2,500 annually per account. Excluded items include motorized vehicles, jewelry, gift cards and travel or travel-related services.
  • MasterCard: Offered on all cards. Valid within 60 days of purchase. Benefit is limited to $250 per item and 4 claims annually per account. Excluded items include those “purchased from an internet site whose primary purpose is not the sale of the item or related items,” art, professional services and pets.

I don't know how it is with Discover but with Chase, they basically will refund you the difference from a purchase within 90 days for an identical item. You just provide them with documentation of the advertisement when they send you the claim form.
Will the refund go on your credit card or in your bank account?

I'm looking to get a gigabit router this BF

Hopefully I can find a good deal.

Might get some crap TV for my office too.

Still got my launch PS4 and was waiting for a deal on the pro, look like Sony not budging on the price tho, not interested in the slim.

Still holding out for a video game console or game trade in deal for even swap for a pro as I still got a PS3 to trade as well.

I do need a Tv but I'm gonna just wait until OLED comes down in price.

Last edited:
Still got my launch PS4 and was waiting for a deal on the pro, look like Sony not budging on the price tho, not interested in the slim.

Still holding out for a video game console or game trade in deal for even swap for a pro as I still got a PS3 to trade as well.

I'm with you, been monitoring GameStops weekly ads for a good trade-in deal.

I'm with you, been monitoring GameStops weekly ads for a good trade-in deal.

I got a local spot that I may end up trading in my stuff to if gamestop BF ad don't have a good trade in deal.

what's their offer like?

gamestops buying at $140 iirc

$140 there as well ...and $65 each for PS3 which I have 2 of.

I'm not trading none of this stuff without some type of BF deal .....gamestop was offering an additional $50-$75 for trading in a PS4 like month or 2 ago which made the total trade in amt. $225, but I decided to skip that and wait for BF, which might have been a mistake.

No, I paid the 399.99 but am going to file a price protection claim with discover and get the difference back via check so I don't have to wait in line. I did the same last year with the 199.99 Toshiba 4k. The only thing is you don't get any tax money back so you pay the tax on the 399.99

Thanks for putting me up on this! Just went to Best Buy and copped one with my Discover IT card. They had to get it out the “warehouse” as the dude called it and he said I should wait till Black Friday since it’s only $180 then. I just smiled and said thanks but I don’t want to wait in line for 24 hours .

Is it cool to contact Discover already since the Best Buy Black Friday as is up online?

Thanks again!

Its called price protection. Its considered a credit card perk. Not sure how someone would consider this fraud.

quick google search.
not sure if 100% accurate

• Chase: Offered on eligible cards. Valid within 90 dates of the date of purchase. Benefit of $500 per item and $2,500 annually per account. Benefit of $50 per item and $150 per year on advertisements of cash-only, close-out, liquidation and going-out-of-business sales. Excluded items include cellphone service agreements, refurbished items and items purchased outside the U.S.
  • Citi: Offered on U.S.-issued cards. Valid within 60 days of purchase. Benefit is limited to $500 per item and $2,500 annually per account. Excluded items include tickets, products that can spoil or be consumed and jewelry (except watches).
  • Discover: Offered on all cards. Valid within 90 days of purchase. Benefit is limited to $500 per item and $2,500 annually per account. Excluded items include motorized vehicles, jewelry, gift cards and travel or travel-related services.
  • MasterCard: Offered on all cards. Valid within 60 days of purchase. Benefit is limited to $250 per item and 4 claims annually per account. Excluded items include those “purchased from an internet site whose primary purpose is not the sale of the item or related items,” art, professional services and pets.

I asked a buddy who use to work at Best Buy he states the tv's they sell that day are a different model number than the one shown in advertisments, so when you try to file a claim on it the model does not match up and that is a rule for Best buy to have matching for the full amount of difference being paid.

workaround for the workaround.

People are able to see the model number of the Black Friday TV on the web ad and match it to the ones starting to get heavily stocked in store, and it's there.

They do have multiple models apparently though so people should be careful to not get tripped up. The right one is LC-50LBU591U

There's a lot of discussion on SD about it for anyone that feels like combing through it for more insight: https://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10752875

Back
Top Bottom