Black guy hair cuts

Pay $15 plus $5 on top for tip every month.  

$20 is the most I would like to pay, but prices will always go up.

It's $10 for me with my friend who is in barber college, $15 + tip if I decide to go back to my old barber.

$20 is not the end of the world, especially since I only get cut once a month. If you get your hair cut 2-3x a month, I can see how that $20 is a pain in the ***

I go to my boy who is in barber school now. When he's at the school it's $6 to the school plus whatever I wanna throw him, I usually give him the change from a $20 so $14 in his pockets. When he's at his crib it's $10 and I throw him a few dollars on top of that. His skills are A1 for what I usually want.

Where do y'all live where licensed barbers aren't charging at least $20 for a cut? That's nothing. He called his barber all kinds of broke boys because he's trying to live lol.

My ex barber jumped from 20 to 40 last year I had to leave him he was late to his own appointments and the cuts & service just wasn't worth 40

My ex barber jumped from 20 to 40 last year I had to leave him he was late to his own appointments and the cuts & service just wasn't worth 40

That's really what it comes down to. The barber shop experience can be the worst where you feel like it's not worth your time or money, regardless of what your barber charges. Once I got to the point I was having to touch up my hair every time I got home from a cut I knew it was time to go back to cutting my own hair.

Gotta learn how to cut my own hair soon.

Barber charging $20 a cut now. Disrespectful *** dude told me while I was in the chair getting a cut. Talking about "I write my prices on my mirror" like I pay attention to that smeared *** mirror ever.

I'm so tired of this ****. Charging $20 just so they can buy variant *** D'usse, trash *** NFL/NBA fitteds and eat takeout every day.

Broke ******* then they wonder why they only have $27 on their Rush card.

Man who y'all recommend as far as YT channels on cutting your own hair?

Fried my Wahl Detailers.

Anyone have the Bevel? Wondering if it cuts as good as Detailers or T-Outliners

Fried my Wahl Detailers.

Anyone have the Bevel? Wondering if it cuts as good as Detailers or T-Outliners
I saw a clip on IG where this guy zero gapped his Bevel trimmers and they still didn't hit as hard as a zero gapped T-Outliner or Detailer. Don't waste your money bro. Scoop up another pair of Detailers.

How important is cordless? Oh, and if you're planning on tapering you'll want clippers too. Clippers for cutting and tapering, trimmers for edging/lining.
Not important at all. I just need something cost friendly and easy to cut a taper with.

EDIT: I'll have to try to find some clippers. More worried about the cut itself and not lining. I was planning on using a razor for doing my hair line.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Barbers in the hood dont charge $20 but they arent the best barbers lol I know some good barbers that charge $17 and I just give em the whole $20 anyways. Feels weird asking for $1-2 back.

Barbers in the hood dont charge $20 but they arent the best barbers lol I know some good barbers that charge $17 and I just give em the whole $20 anyways. Feels weird asking for $1-2 back.

Bruh there aare plenty of really good barbers in the hood. No one's going to the other side to get a cut unless they're going to supercuts or some ****.

Like M Mark Antony said yall must be in flyover states.

In California a cut is $20. Thats just the cost of a hair cut, has been for a loooong.

Last edited:
Bruh there aare plenty of really good barbers in the hood. No one's going to the other side to get a cut unless they're going to supercuts or some ****.

Like M Mark Antony said yall must be in flyover states.

In California a cut is $20. Thats just the cost of a hair cut, has been for a loooong.

I'm saying the ones I personally know in the hood arent that good, of course theres good barbers everywhere. Trial and error. I got $15-17 cuts in San Diego and Miami tho. Sure its still $10-12 somewhere out in Kansas or Kentucky :lol:

Back
Top Bottom