Black guy hair cuts

Question: After you get a line up and you can see some lighter shade of skin around your edges.. does that definitely mean your hair line was pushed back ?
It shouldn't take a light patch of skin to notice your line got pushed back.

How else would you know unless you REALLY got ****** up? Personally I can't eyeball millimeters. *shrug*

Go 3 weeks without a cut & you will really know if you got pushed back, your real hairline should be fully shown by that time

That's what I'm saying though it can be kinda hard to eyeball that mm difference unless your barber is pushing you back cms god forbid inches.

Last edited:
I went from looking like Ludaris in the Southern Hospitality video to looking like Common or Joe Budden I guess with slightly more hair. Seeing all that hair hit the floor as my barber was shaving it made me want to convulse.
You did the right thing.
So you got a mini fro now or what?

Nah, I have it about as low as Kobe's is right now :lol:.
:smokin Bring on the waves :smokin

Possibly...I remember when I originally tried to get waves waaay back, it too so long to happen that ended up with a Webbie fro, so I just said **** it and kept on growing it :lol:

Growing my hair out again might rock this simple look next

Ehh not really feeling that line-up on Diggy but do you fam
What you smoking this early son, his shape up is legit, giving PG a run for his money
Son, you looking at the line. The line is crisp.

We all looking at that fade that starts on his forehead.
But he said he wasn't feeling the line .. not the fade
laugh.gif
No, I should have worded it better. Like @PRIME  said, the line is crisp indeed.

But the line where the fro starts is so far from the actual hairline, if you know what I mean...

It reminds me of dudes who get a crisp line-up, but start their dreads further down their head because they don't want the weight of their locks pulling their hairline back. It looks off.

Last edited:

Looking to start to cut my own hair. I usually just rock a caesar. What are good clippers to buy?
Man I'm wondering the same thing. Tired of walking out of the barbershop disappointed...no barbers are consistent in my area. Somebody drop some good info...its needed lol.

Gotta hitup your local beauty supply store and you will be able to see the ones that barbers use.

Get the 3 piece mirror too and you set.
Thanks. Man it just sucks because my barber lives clear on the other side of town. And I work 9-6 (they close at 6:30) so I can't get there in time from the time I leave work.

Last edited:
I use some Walmart Wahl clippers and some T-liners. Only go to a barber every couple months. If I'm gonna get ****** up I'd rather do it for free

Man I'm wondering the same thing. Tired of walking out of the barbershop disappointed...no barbers are consistent in my area. Somebody drop some good info...its needed lol.

Amazon got everything you need for the LO

Get the wahl detailers, you can cut hair & line yourself with those lil things since they come with 3 guards

My aunt that lives like 20 minutes away always did mine every 2-3 weeks. Her range of styles were limited, but I almost never did straight backs: hat

Sitting with my legs folded for 2 hours after washing all that hair got old fast though :lol:

Can't believe I did that for 7 years.

:frown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom