Black guy hair cuts

In need of a real good set of trimmers. Looking at the Styliner 2, Superliner and GTX. Which should I go with?

working in corporate can be tricky.. been wolfing with my waves for 2 months.. keeping it at a 3 minimum with the low beard... but i grew out my beard for about 6 weeks and people were asking questions like "is it new" "your beard is growing fast" , so i keep it trimmed at a 3 as well..  

white dudes can have  paul bunyon beards and rock chuck taylors with dirty laces but let me grow my beard for a couple months and its time to visit HR
man that **** drives me up a wall. i always kept my sponge twists fresh and kept a nice edge up. but when i cut my hair to try this wave thing out the "positive"  reaction pissed me all the way off. its almost like people don't realize how damn racist they sound when they say i look so much more professional and cleaner now
roll.gif

even one of my clients (black dude) talking about "i know you didn't want to do it but you gotta get right for these white folks if you trying to do anything"
sick.gif

and the only reason i got it cut was cause i got tired of twisting the **** up every morning.

the game is all screwed up. just judge me on my personality and my work. leave your racism and conditioning at home.

Last edited:
working in corporate can be tricky.. been wolfing with my waves for 2 months.. keeping it at a 3 minimum with the low beard... but i grew out my beard for about 6 weeks and people were asking questions like "is it new" "your beard is growing fast" , so i keep it trimmed at a 3 as well..  

white dudes can have  paul bunyon beards and rock chuck taylors with dirty laces but let me grow my beard for a couple months and its time to visit HR

Bra I saw a white dude going for a job interview with the paul bunyon beard, a nose ring, and his nails were painted grey lmao he was interviewing for a law firm

Bra I saw a white dude going for a job interview with the paul bunyon beard, a nose ring, and his nails were painted grey lmao he was interviewing for a law firm

And he will most likely get the job to as opposed to a black guy with the DS5 and nicely lined up facial hair

And he will most likely get the job to as opposed to a black guy with the DS5 and nicely lined up facial hair

Lmao bruh I doubt it. Not at a law firm with a nose ring and painted nails. If it was just the beard he'd probably have a better chance than the DS5

Duke starting 5 :lol:. Its another name for the nappy or curly fro fade look :lol:

Last edited:
What products y'all using for beards though? Need a beard oil & conditioner
nerd.gif
Only buying black btw
make my own oil and balm.....tea tree is good for our skin as well as castor oil with a shea butter/coconut oil base.....trial and error is best though because some oils affect folks differently.

I wash my hair every time I shower (once in the morning and once after the gym) with Herbal Essences Totally Twisted shampoo and conditioner.

Herbal-EssencesTwisted-Sham.jpg

I always heard that, but no one ever could explain why.

Actually there's quite a few resources why if you google it. The recommended frequency depends on your hair type/thickness and how oily your scalp is, which most black folks will fall on the infrequent side. And you should probably switch to a paraben/sulfate free alternative with how frequent you're doing it.

^^ what he said. You're depleting your hairs natural oils washing that much & even faster using a shampoo with SLS & preservatives. Don't be out here looking like bron bron if you don't have to bc of bad grooming

yeah us black folk dont need to wash our hair more than once a week
I'm more like twice a week with the Wash & Shampoo tho. I think it has a lot to do with the Strength of our Hair.

There's a reason our hair is the way it is and doesn't just fall limp on our head like other people's hair. It relates to melanin in a way... I've read up on it before, but I forget a lot of it. 

Our hair just can't take all those BS Chemicals in our hair, especially on a frequent basis.

Last edited:

I'm more like twice a week with the Wash & Shampoo tho. I think it has a lot to do with the Strength of our Hair.

There's a reason our hair is the way it is and doesn't just fall limp on our head like other people's hair. It relates to melanin in a way... I've read up on it before, but I forget a lot of it. 

Our hair just can't take all those BS Chemicals in our hair, especially on a frequent basis.
yessir.

*weebay gif

Never realized there was this much info on the subject. I guess it's a good thing I found out when I did before my hair started thinning. Genetically, I should be fine as fine as thinning/balding. But I didn't think the shampoo and conditioner I was using, or even the frequency I was using it, could be damaging.

Are there any suggestions for better types of shampoos and conditioners without preservatives? I have waves of that matters.

Back
Top Bottom