Black guy hair cuts

They're probably just getting into those new towns and having to find a new barber. Let alone anyone that can cut black hair. That's probably the worst part about the NBA. Waking up after being traded and realizing you have to find a new barber.

Tips on clippers to buy? Not looking to spend over $50 or so.

Do you already have a trimmer? If not, you definitely need one for maintaining your hairline. Both Wahl and Andis have some good combo kits, but they're all more than $50 for a decent set.

Growing my beard and hair out again for the fall and winter months. I'm figuring on having the Dwayne wayne cut with full beard

Growing my beard and hair out again for the fall and winter months. I'm figuring on having the Dwayne wayne cut with full beard

Dwayne-Wayne-Glasses.jpg

Word?

That'll be dope fam..which version of the cut are you going for? He wore it kinda like a ramp during the earlier seasons and like this later on
hqdefault.jpg

That'll be dope fam..which version of the cut are you going for? He wore it kinda like a ramp during the earlier seasons and like this later on
hqdefault.jpg

I was looking at this version along with this one below.

tumblr_m7rxcfh7g71r2uu7ro1_r1_400.jpg

This one is a little shorter and flatter on the top than the last one.

I was looking at this version along with this one below.

tumblr_m7rxcfh7g71r2uu7ro1_r1_400.jpg

This one is a little shorter and flatter on the top than the last one.

Oh ok cool...either way would be a dope look..I'm just trying to figure out is it more of a box fade, drop fade or shadow fade like this one

OR

I'm not speaking on the length of these cuts because I know you want it shorter I'm just wondering which one is closer to the Dwayne wayne style..

Oh ok cool...either way would be a dope look..I'm just trying to figure out is it more of a box fade, drop fade or shadow fade like this one

OR

I'm not speaking on the length of these cuts because I know you want it shorter I'm just wondering which one is closer to the Dwayne wayne style..

I wouldn't mind it short or long. I'm still deciding on which look to keep. Idk what to call it because it isn't a complete box cut. It's more of a mix between a box and drop fade.

The side are more rounded and even.

I wouldn't mind it short or long. I'm still deciding on which look to keep. Idk what to call it because it isn't a complete box cut. It's more of a mix between a box and drop fade.

The side are more rounded and even.
Lol my thoughts exactly..I've always wanted the same haircut but I want the exact same look I posted in my initial response to yours..I don't want it bald faded on the sides I want more hair sorta shadow faded I guess..

Lol my thoughts exactly..I've always wanted the same haircut but I want the exact same look I posted in my initial response to yours..I don't want it bald faded on the sides I want more hair sorta shadow faded I guess..

I feel you. Denzel has worn his hair like that for stretches his entire career. The annoying thing about the cut is that barbers will not round the sides but instead make it look to boxy.

Denzel pulls it off good in Mo Bettas Blue
072716-celebs-the-cast-of-mo-better-blues-where-are-they-now-denzel-washington-spike-lee-film-still.jpg

I feel you. Denzel has worn his hair like that for stretches his entire career. The annoying thing about the cut is that barbers will not round the sides but instead make it look to boxy.

072716-celebs-the-cast-of-mo-better-blues-where-are-they-now-denzel-washington-spike-lee-film-still.jpg
You nailed it my man..barbers have a tendency to try and make everything too crisp and honestly although I love a good quality haircut I'm never aiming for perfection or anything too cartoonish...just a nice neat haircut with a natural look to it..

You nailed it my man..barbers have a tendency to try and make everything too crisp and honestly although I love a good quality haircut I'm never aiming for perfection or anything too cartoonish...just a nice neat haircut with a natural look to it..
Exactly. That's what I always aim for. I've seen homies go overboard and get cuts using black ice spray, and other things and they look like caricatures. Give me a fresh. natural looking cut, and I'll be on my way.

Exactly. That's what I always aim for. I've seen homies go overboard and get cuts using black ice spray, and other things and they look like caricatures. Give me a fresh. natural looking cut, and I'll be on my way.
I totally agree my dude..this barber tried that black ice crap on me without my permission one time and I immediately had to shut that down...smh...

You like this one?

You like this one?

That's a nice cut. Is that what you're aiming for? I like how he blended the fade all around and rounded out the sides where it didn't look too boxy, but enough to compliment the shape of his head.

I don't normally do sideburns, I just have my barber bald that part out and blend it in with the rest of the fade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom