Black Man Lynched by White Teens in Mississippi

Man this is horrible...I can't believe $%+! like this is still happening down there
30t6p3b.gif

moundraised23 wrote:
Originally Posted by psk2310

moundraised23 wrote:

wouldnt blame it on the region any more than the screwed/flawed justice system

from the south if that matters, i can grasp where u comin from tho
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you there, it has everything to do with the south & "protecting southern heritage"...

how so? and no flame towards u, but what do u mean by the bolded part?

There are thousands of cases within the last hundred years particularly in the pre civil rights era in this country where black folks were killed/lynched & nothing was done about it. As time progressed & these crimes continued, people were charged with crimes but very minimal charges. There are tons of cases specifically in the south where the crimes were clearly racially motivated & the persons arrested/charged were not hit with hate and/or capital crimes. It was clear, the white establishment was protecting thier own.

Having lived and spent a lot of time in the south during my youth,  I saw lots of racism. The people I grew up knowing to be racist & prejudiced often talked & believed in "Southern Heritage" inferring racism & going back to "the way things were".

Originally Posted by moundraised23

soooo one of em got charged with murder & one got charged with simple assault...
thats it?!?!?!?!

Everyone involved in this incident should be charged with involuntary manslaughter at the very least.  They were all accessories to a capital murder being that it was committed in conjunction with another felony (hate crime).

And the girls in the truck that killed him weren't charged as accessories?!  Even if they were the ones that called the police afterward, they still have to be charged initially before those charges would be eventually reduced or dismissed.  Imagine if it was three Black guys in a truck that intentionally ran over and killed a middle-aged white man out of racial hatred after the driver of the truck (and others) just battered the guy for that reason.  And they all got in the truck knowing that the intention of all of them driving to another city was to carry out a beating in the name of racial hatred.  This #$%# is crazy.

And weren't there more guys that were involved in the beating?  Where are they and where are their charges?

I wonder if the DA's hands are tied by some higher powers because I can't imagine that as a Black man he wouldn't be pursuing such charges against all involved...

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Does it really surprised you? Those that wear hoods on the weekend & carry tea part memberships like Nikes too. I'm constantly amazed at some of the comments NTers make. Just when I think I've seen the stupidest and/or ignorant comment, I get see another. Prejudice & Racism is alive and well especially in NT.
The other side of that coin are the nter's who constantly take shots at Caucasians, Asian and Latins, but think it's justified because they are part of an oppressed minority group. Prejudice & racism are wack as %%%!.

You're right about other ethnicities on NT taking shots or making ill comments but I disagree with it being justified. Prejudice/hate is wrong no matter what (unless you hate the baltimore ratbirds, jk kinda). 

I obviously agree that it's not justified and I got sick reading this story, but your first comment was kinda misguided. 
"Does it really surprised you? Those that wear hoods on the weekend & carry tea part memberships like Nikes too" 

It seems to me that your concept of how many people are in the KKK is way off, like it's not uncommon or that it's pretty likely a lot of them are on NT.
laugh.gif
They have between 5-8,000 members right now. Yea that's still 5-8,000 too many, but they are largely irrelevant. Of course there are a lot more racists out there that don't associate with any organization, but overall I think society today is more tolerant than many think. We've come a long way, and still have a ways to go, but it seems to me from a lot of the comments I read on here that we've come farther than a lot of people realize. I know it's hard when you hear about incidents like this, but try to realize these are extreme exceptions and very disturbing to all of us regardless of race. I'll readily admit that growing up I thought racism was less prevalent than it was because I went to pretty diverse schools and lived in a pretty liberal part of the country (DC/VA). When I went down to the more southern parts of VA I was shocked to see some people still flew confederate flags outside their houses
laugh.gif
among other cultural differences.

This kind of evil is tragic and disturbing, but it doesn't discriminate and can manifest in many ways other than hate crimes and racism, so don't project an incident like this as being indicative of a larger societal attitude. Stories like this get attention because they are shocking, but for every story like this that you hear, there's millions of other people out there serving as examples of tolerance and good race relations; it just doesn't get any press because it's not "news."  If you assume in your head that most white people are racist, or if they assume that black people are thugs, you/they are more likely to project that thinking into real life and interpret day to day interactions through that lens. Kinda like how if you're really pissed off and somebody says something harmless to you, it can sound like they're trying to instigate something or being a smartass just because you're taking it that way since you're mad. It's a vicious cycle; if I assume that a person is prejudiced towards me, I'm less likely to be trusting/open/friendly to him just like he's less likely to do the same if he actually WERE prejudiced towards me. Trusting each other is the only way to progress and move forward. 

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

Mother = those =. I hope they get beaten and = every single day in prison.
not quoting that lol but sadly they'll probably learn about the race they "hate" in prison.
too bad it took someones life for them to learn it.

Rice's lawyer, Samuel Martin, didn't immediately respond to a message Wednesday. Martin has suggested in court hearings that Rice was actually trying to help Anderson, who had locked his keys in his car, before Dedmon arrived. Martin has also said that the teens were out on a beer run, not looking for a black man to assault as prosecutors say.
[font=Arial, sans-serif]

indifferent.gif
[/font]

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

Mother *+@# those crackers. I hope they get beaten and raped every single day in prison.

and posts like these are considered acceptable on nt?

not trying to take away from the situation as i think everyone involved in it should get the death penalty and be tortured every day until it's time to be excecuted.

5am6oody72 wrote:
psk2310 wrote:
Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

The other side of that coin are the nter's who constantly take shots at Caucasians, Asian and Latins, but think it's justified because they are part of an oppressed minority group. Prejudice & racism are wack as %%%!.

You're right about other ethnicities on NT taking shots or making ill comments but I disagree with it being justified. Prejudice/hate is wrong no matter what (unless you hate the baltimore ratbirds, jk kinda). 

I obviously agree that it's not justified and I got sick reading this story, but your first comment was kinda misguided. 
"Does it really surprised you? Those that wear hoods on the weekend & carry tea part memberships like Nikes too" 

It seems to me that your concept of how many people are in the KKK is way off, like it's not uncommon or that it's pretty likely a lot of them are on NT.
laugh.gif
They have between 5-8,000 members right now. Yea that's still 5-8,000 too many, but they are largely irrelevant. Of course there are a lot more racists out there that don't associate with any organization, but overall I think society today is more tolerant than many think. We've come a long way, and still have a ways to go, but it seems to me from a lot of the comments I read on here that we've come farther than a lot of people realize. I know it's hard when you hear about incidents like this, but try to realize these are extreme exceptions and very disturbing to all of us regardless of race. I'll readily admit that growing up I thought racism was less prevalent than it was because I went to pretty diverse schools and lived in a pretty liberal part of the country (DC/VA). When I went down to the more southern parts of VA I was shocked to see some people still flew confederate flags outside their houses
laugh.gif
among other cultural differences.

This kind of evil is tragic and disturbing, but it doesn't discriminate and can manifest in many ways other than hate crimes and racism, so don't project an incident like this as being indicative of a larger societal attitude. Stories like this get attention because they are shocking, but for every story like this that you hear, there's millions of other people out there serving as examples of tolerance and good race relations; it just doesn't get any press because it's not "news."  If you assume in your head that most white people are racist, or if they assume that black people are thugs, you/they are more likely to project that thinking into real life and interpret day to day interactions through that lens. Kinda like how if you're really pissed off and somebody says something harmless to you, it can sound like they're trying to instigate something or being a smartass just because you're taking it that way since you're mad. It's a vicious cycle; if I assume that a person is prejudiced towards me, I'm less likely to be trusting/open/friendly to him just like he's less likely to do the same if he actually WERE prejudiced towards me. Trusting each other is the only way to progress and move forward. 

You're right. The comment you were referring to goes directly against another stating I made & is inflammatory. For that, I apologize. Although I don't realistically think card carrying KKK members belong here on NT, I do see too many blatantly racist comments. The sad thing is the people making the statements don't even realize it.

Although this incident or ones like it are extreme, I respectfully disagree with your assessment that it's not indicative of a larger societal attitude. Granted not everyone acts out in a violent manner like this but with the world economy in such poor shape, the divisions amongst class, race, creed, etc has gotten worse.

I'm currently at work posting in this thread (between running reports), so I can't get into the level of discussion I'd like, but I will say that I appreciate the dialog between you & I without getting so personal as I've witnessed here on NT. Thank you.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

It sickens me that #$%+ like this still goes on
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I recently moved to the south and unfortunately racism is still going on down here. From all races. Coming from quite possibly one of the most racially diverse areas (Southern California) its hard to believe people are still this ignorant.
Where did you move to?

I live in Western North Carolina now. But I spend a ton of time in Georgia and Tennessee also.

sad to say that i go to school in jackson right where this happened but what they didnt tell you is that they were going to let the boys out of jail for a 50 thousand dollar bond but once it gained the medias attention they didnt want the negative affects on the way that they do things down here smh black ppl get pulled over by white cops down here on a regular basis and get accused of things that arent really going on but then again the blacks down here like to bring negative attention to themselves like flashing guns at the clubs. this state as a whole is like 10 years behind every other state in america and wont ever get on track with the rest of the world because they refuse to make changes to a lot of things. you all should see the response that ppl have been giving to the movie "The Help" and it was filmed down here.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

to everybody that thinks this is exclusive to the south..WAKE UP..at least you know these people are openly backwards..so called 'liberals' are subliminally racist which is arguably WORSE...because they pose as liberators.

Originally Posted by Liltank0206

sad to say that i go to school in jackson right where this happened but what they didnt tell you is that they were going to let the boys out of jail for a 50 thousand dollar bond but once it gained the medias attention they didnt want the negative affects on the way that they do things down here smh black ppl get pulled over by white cops down here on a regular basis and get accused of things that arent really going on but then again the blacks down here like to bring negative attention to themselves like flashing guns at the clubs. this state as a whole is like 10 years behind every other state in america and wont ever get on track with the rest of the world because they refuse to make changes to a lot of things. you all should see the response that ppl have been giving to the movie "The Help" and it was filmed down here.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bdis1986

10508 Cardo Jr Ln wrote:
They're gonna execute Troy Davis today for a crime he likely didnt do. 
tired.gif
 _ the system.

Been thinking about this all day ... smh 
tired.gif

that shht been eatin me up 
Liltank0206 - Go get you a license for the strap bruh.

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by moundraised23

soooo one of em got charged with murder & one got charged with simple assault...
thats it?!?!?!?!

Everyone involved in this incident should be charged with involuntary manslaughter at the very least.  They were all accessories to a capital murder being that it was committed in conjunction with another felony (hate crime).

And the girls in the truck that killed him weren't charged as accessories?!  Even if they were the ones that called the police afterward, they still have to be charged initially before those charges would be eventually reduced or dismissed.  Imagine if it was three Black guys in a truck that intentionally ran over and killed a middle-aged white man out of racial hatred after the driver of the truck (and others) just battered the guy for that reason.  And they all got in the truck knowing that the intention of all of them driving to another city was to carry out a beating in the name of racial hatred.  This #$%# is crazy.

And weren't there more guys that were involved in the beating?  Where are they and where are their charges?

I wonder if the DA's hands are tied by some higher powers because I can't imagine that as a Black man he wouldn't be pursuing such charges against all involved...

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

to everybody that thinks this is exclusive to the south..WAKE UP..at least you know these people are openly backwards..so called 'liberals' are subliminally racist which is arguably WORSE...because they pose as liberators.

Qft souther Cali is no exceptionCinco de mayo in the hood is one of the worst days to go to school not even joking smh.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by bdis1986

10508 Cardo Jr Ln wrote:
They're gonna execute Troy Davis today for a crime he likely didnt do. 
tired.gif
 _ the system.

Been thinking about this all day ... smh 
tired.gif
that shht been eatin me up 
Liltank0206 - Go get you a license for the strap bruh.

oh believe me my boy im working on that already and getting a new one !!

"I am sincerely sorry. I do take full responsibility for my actions on that night. I pray for y'all's family every day ... and that God will soften your hearts to forgive me," Dedmon said.

"I was young. I was dumb. I was ignorant ... I was not raised the way that I acted that night. I was raised in a godly house. As I stand before you today, I am a changed man. I am a godly man. God has showed me to see no colors. God showed me that we are all made in the image of God so we are all based on the same thing ... I do not ask y'all to forget, but I do ask y'all to forgive."

eyes.gif

Why do they even have trials and sentences for stuff like this? Just take them all out back and shoot them. We shouldnt have to pay for food, clothing and shelter for these worthless people. There's too many good people who are starving that we can help instead.

Back
Top Bottom