BLACK MAN SHOT WHILE JOGGING IN GEORGIA

If his hands are empty, and they assumed robbery at the construction site, they could obviously see he was empty handed running. What was the point of shooting him? This seems simple.
Did they fear for their lives?

In a vacuum, if you were to witness some dude moving sketch and enter your neighbors crib you wouldn’t confront him? I would. Again tho I don’t pack so nobody except myself would be getting shot.

and mind you i live in a state where everyone carries.
Strictly in a vaccuum, no. Absolutely not. I’m also not sure what exactly moving sketchy is in this scenario. If I felt the person could be a burglar, I would record him and provide that to the neighbors if it later turned out it was indeed a burglar.

Here in NYC, every construction site on homes are either fenced in, or locked. However there are more gut renovations than new construction, and those are locked as wel, unless it is an apartment building, of which are completely blocked off.

So you just harass people who aren't in the act of committing a crime?

Every now and then I'll drive around a nice neighborhood doing nothing but daydreaming about a future in a spot like this. However I've greatly underestimated how many nutjobs out there like this who would see me as "not belonging" so I'll stop. Add to the list of regular *** **** I have to be concerned about being black in America.

Nah I don’t. But dude followed me in and then kept circling the block. I stopped him and asked him what he was doing and he started talking that talk and that’s when I spazzed on dude.

Dude literally followed me and let me open the gate using my code and then kept driving around. This was at 11 PM b. Dude was definitely on some ********.

I got kids man. I don’t play that ****. My daughter room faces the street. I ain’t playing around with nobody. Imma protect mines. **** what y’all talking about.

To be quite honest, this is where being too trusting of white people, will definitely get you into trouble. I cannot say what was on this Brother’s mind, but if you’re running around in a white neighborhood THINKING that some “good “ white people are around? You’ve already started off on the wrong foot.
This sounds like respectability politics honestly. Like every black person has to have black ops level instincts at all times, doing all things or they earn what's coming. That's not realistic.

Nah I don’t. But dude followed me in and then kept circling the block. I stopped him and asked him what he was doing and he started talking that talk and that’s when I spazzed on dude.

Dude literally followed me and let me open the gate using my code and then kept driving around. This was at 11 PM b. Dude was definitely on some bull****.

I got kids man. I don’t play that ****. My daughter room faces the street. I ain’t playing around with nobody. Imma protect mines. **** what y’all talking about.

It's your right to protect yourself and your family, but it's not your responsibility to play deputy. Let the police do their job.

This sounds like respectability politics honestly. Like every black person has to have black ops level instincts at all times, doing all things or they earn what's coming. That's not realistic.

earned what’s coming isn’t a part of it. But yes the unfortunate reality is we can’t move like everyone else, you gotta be aware of your surroundings is all I’m sayin. You see those rednecks right? I’m gonna assume that’s rampant in that area.

What makes it "sketch" though? If the house was a just a frame, could be a contractor/inspector/et for all I know.
What makes it "sketch" is that he's black but some people dont want to say it.

I was an A.V. tech for 9 months, working around new built homes. One time a neighbor who just bought a newly built house nextdoor walked into the home I was working on just to "check out the floor plan/interior" Mind you, the home was 95% complete and didn't know who they were until they explained themselves. Some people are just curious, but in America, you can't be black and curious. It just makes you "sketch".

Hey, I had to have that gear growing up in the hood as well. Know danger where it lies. I could not walk out of my building while eating an apple in Brooklyn when I grew up. I had to be aware, responsible for my safety. Everyone should have that gear while being Black in america. The system of oppression has created enemies everywhere, and you should know why that is.

So you just harass people who aren't in the act of committing a crime?

Every now and then I'll drive around a nice neighborhood doing nothing but daydreaming about a future in a spot like this. However I've greatly underestimated how many nutjobs out there like this who would see me as "not belonging" so I'll stop. Add to the list of regular *** **** I have to be concerned about being black in America.
This. I drive around a neighborhood and scout it out and think about possibly living there in the future. Family members have a house upstate and contractors cleared land nearby. They are in the process of building up new homes. I've gone over and looked in the homes as they were building them up. So have their neighbors. This is normal.

As a black man you always gotta be aware of your surroundings. Can’t be naive thinking ****s sweet. Fam didn’t deserve to die but he was most definitely on some bozo ****
lolwut ?

I also wasn't aware of people just looking into construction sites.

Only time I am around a nice neighborhood, outside of knowing somebody around there, is driving through nice neighborhoods looking at XMAS Lights.
Everything you've mentioned is normal behavior

This.

What makes it "sketch" is that he's black but some people dont want to say it.

I was an A.V. tech for 9 months, working around new built homes. One time a neighbor who just bought a newly built house nextdoor walked into the home I was working on just to "check out the floor plan/interior" Mind you, the home was 95% complete and didn't know who they were until they explained themselves. Some people are just curious, but in America, you can't be black and curious. It just makes you "sketch".

Like I said, I do it all the time - to get an idea of how the floor plans are in the neighborhood. Did this back late last year...like I said, I won’t be doing that **** again.

Back when my cousin lived in mccalla al he lived in a subdivision that had several houses under construction. We probably looked in each one on his block with no issues. I think he was one of 4 black families in the neighborhood that he knew of.

Those guys should get convicted of murder.

Damn this ain't looking good. After some new video evidence, these dudes are going to get off based on some wack citizen arrest law in GA. Looking at some construction site isn't allowed but is pretty normal around here cause most of the time people mind their business.

earned what’s coming isn’t a part of it. But yes the unfortunate reality is we can’t move like everyone else, you gotta be aware of your surroundings is all I’m sayin. You see those rednecks right? I’m gonna assume that’s rampant in that area.

Hey, I had to have that gear growing up in the hood as well. Know danger where it lies. I could not walk out of my building while eating an apple in Brooklyn when I grew up. I had to be aware, responsible for my safety. Everyone should have that gear while being Black in america. The system of oppression has created enemies everywhere, and you should know why that is.
So did I, but this comes off as an every black man for himself, leave the weak with lesser instincts to fend for themselves mentality. Which again circles back to conditioning.

Like I said, I do it all the time - to get an idea of how the floor plans are in the neighborhood. Did this back late last year...like I said, I won’t be doing that **** again.

You know they got websites for that b?

lol

To be clear, most home construction sites in Colorardo are not locked down at all. There may be some cautionary tape to avoid wet cement or newly painted doors but until doors and windows are put up, you have folks going on their after work runs checking out your house and other newly built homes. I met most of my neighbors (fairly affluent neighborhood) going through our house getting ideas for their own house. I've lived in the burbs my entire life so since 1999 I have experienced this behavior in one way or another and no one is confronting you.

So did I, but this comes off as an every black man for himself, leave the weak with lesser instincts to fend for themselves mentality. Which again circles back to conditioning.
Not for me, this is not what I am saying. This is why I post in the tone that I use. This is also why many of the white posters are pissed at me on this site. I have no fear in stating to be aware of your surroundings, and protect yourself at all times. Know your rights, and that you have a right to live and then fight back against their aggression. For me, the starting point is to trust NONE of them, until they have proven that they can be trusted. Even when they prove it? Don’t get too comfortable around them. Never forget your history and who you are. As Malcolm stated when he got back from hajj, to paraphrase, “under pressure, their privilege to become a racist will always be present.”

Damn this ain't looking good. After some new video evidence, these dudes are going to get off based on some wack citizen arrest law in GA. Looking at some construction site isn't allowed but is pretty normal around here cause most of the time people mind their business.

Many states have the same citizens arrest laws. Don't let them make you think it is just a GA thing. Everyday the justice system ignores these laws because they are stupid, with the exception of when you need to get an ex-cop off after killing someone.

Happens all of the time. My wife and I (both Black) had a home built a few years back and we can't tell you how many times realtors and randoms would be walking through our home after hours. Maybe because contruction has been booming in Colorado it is a normal thing but this is ridiculous to assume folks are up to no good just because they are looking at a construction site.

My brother-in-law designs homes for a living. Can't tell you how many people have designed their house or used a similar floor plan to somebody else in our area. Those folks have went to under construction houses to look at them.

Back
Top Bottom