Black Privilege? Does It Exist?

This just seems like a race bait troll thread.

Real privileges? No. Perks? Yes, I would say so.

Last edited:
It's not that deep bro. No agenda. Just some down time in between doing work on the computer.

I post something, people reply to me, I reply back. It's fairly innocent and doesn't really seem out of the norm to me on a message board.
It's just the things you post, it's like you just post it to get a reaction from certain people. I think you know what you're doing. It's deeper than what you're to diminish it into but....okay lol do you

Basically another Anton, hand2hand, blco etc. Seemingly different agendas, but the only thing they truly yearn for is attention. Each thinking they're their own kind of intelligent, far beyond anyone else can understand not realizing how transparent they actually are. The more they get, it's like someone put a battery in their back. I wonder if they've ever dealt with the root of the issue.

Last edited:
Wait dudes are upset that black families have shared experiences they can laugh at? Whoa
The #thanksgivingwithblackfamilies thread was fine, some guy made a #thanksgivingwithwhitefamilies thread and people were posting school shooter pictures and racist stuff towards both black and white people. I assume that's what caused people to get upset.

Some dude even went in on someone's grandma. 

When certain races make racist comments, they are exposed by the media for it. This is a GOOD thing. It encourages them to stop making racist comments and exercises the fact that racism is NOT okay. It should be like this for every race due to the fact that it's NOT okay for ANY race to be racist.

You make a very compelling point. And in theory, you're right. It's utterly hypocritical to allow one race to talk about another with little to no reprocusion.

However, what you, and everyone else who brings up this parochial argument fail to realize is that there is a glaring difference between the individuals who can make racist jokes, and those who can make racist jokes - then implement policies and laws throughout our country.

Case and point- The recent case of the SAE fraternity bus incident. Yes, they were heavily scrutinized for their repulsive behavior. And their fraternity was banned from OU's campus. So there were immediate reprocusions to their actions, we all see that.

However, with my understanding of the culture of fraternities in America, I know one thing- chants are ritualized throughout the fraternity.

Why is this relevant? Well, you think about WHO comprises the storied SAE fraternity throughout their history? You have individuals who have contextualized racism throughout their fraternity's inception. Law-makers, lawyers, and other important figures critical to our society.

SAE exposed a very ugly secret within their organization. But let's not lose sight of the bigger picture here- SAE is a microcosm of what this society was built upon.

So you can continue to cry bloody murder, and it not being fair when you hear a Black comedian get away with making a joke about White people having flat butts.

But just know there is something deeply unnerving when I hear a White person joke about Lakisha never getting a job.

Basically another Anton, hand2hand, blco etc. Seemingly different agendas, but the only thing they truly yearn for is attention. Each thinking they're their own kind of intelligent, far beyond anyone else can understand not realizing how transparent they actually are. The more they get, it's like someone put a battery in their back. I wonder if they've ever dealt with the root of the issue.

Alright cool, glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was just me reaching. I figured something was off.

mean.gif

Last edited:
You seem to really not know what a privilege is.

You just listed a bunch of stuff that a person is born with or can become good at through practice and the rest are stereotypes. Some both.

I know it's been said you're basically a troll but c'mon :lol:

priv·i·lege
ˈpriv(ə)lij/Submit
noun
a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

Special traits that give an evolutionary advantage and is only available to the particular group of brown shaded homo-sapians.

See, privileged by a white god.
Give me the link for that :lol: Those following lines sound like your lines.

Like I said you seem to not understand what privilege is.

Here are some numbers:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/06/24/us/affirmative-action-bans.html (note on this one doesn't even include the Asian statistics)

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...statistics-indicate-an-ivy-league-asian-quota

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2014/11/affirmative-action

Here is the information LIONBLOOD was talking about, in regards to medical school admissions:

https://www.aei.org/publication/acc...-affirmative-discrimination-blacks-hispanics/

Being Asian is by far the worst demographic to be in America in terms of academia. They are not well portrayed here and are far less socially integrated than other races, so schools with a certain prestige or reputation to uphold that isn't solely derived from technical ability (such as MIT, CMU, Caltech) are able to use "holistic" selection processes to use subjective criteria to lower the amount of Asians admitted.

This is for undergraduate admissions. The numbers show a different story for graduate studies, where your "overall balance" isn't as important as your skill and passion in your field of study (and is subsequently easier to objectively quantify), which is why you see a significantly higher percentage of Asians at the graduate level, even at schools like the Ivy League where they are not as well-received in undergraduate admissions.
This is very eye-opening. As an Asian guy, I'm glad I paved my own way.

I just stumbled on to this thread and saw the "immigrants have it worse than African Americans" argument. As someone who is the son of Haitian immigrants I would chose to be thay, son of immigrants" than come from people that are generationally black in America. Yes many immigrants are poor but id rather take the poverty than the mental shackles that many of the poor African Americans have.

I think University of Michigan accepts most Black students. You really have to have a crappy GPA not to get in. Other than that, no...

social or literal?

a couple of my ex's would argue "you guys dont get blemishes" but then proceed to tell me im breaking out........

I think University of Michigan accepts most Black students. You really have to have a crappy GPA not to get in. Other than that, no...
you mean MSU? unless UofM's standards have fallen drastically, theyve never been easy to get into, the incoming freshman for my graduating class had an avg 3.2 gpa and a 26 on the ACT, its not stellar but thats not crappy by any means

you consider "crappy" 3.0-3.3 range? because although its been a while since i was considering getting in, they werent lettin minorities in with gpas 2.0-2.8 unless you had extensive extracurriculars

on top of that my junior year in hs was the year they got rid of AA because that white girl claimed she didnt get into grad school because the 8 black students took her spot, nvmd the hundred and change white kids who got in

lol yea dude trippin, like i said, he must be thinkin of Michigan State, they let everybody in

as a matter of fact that was the safety school for everyone in my graduating class no lie, i didnt go because i didnt want to see them mfs and half of the people i knew from oakland county there

Patrice O'Neal said in a segment that while black folks didn't get reparations from slavery, they got the payoff of "language": to say whatever they want the way they want.

See here at 7:04 --

Was sad a clicked this troll thread but this video changed that. Gotta watch the whole thing when I have time, thanks for that

you mean MSU? unless UofM's standards have fallen drastically, theyve never been easy to get into, the incoming freshman for my graduating class had an avg 3.2 gpa and a 26 on the ACT, its not stellar but thats not crappy by any means

you consider "crappy" 3.0-3.3 range? because although its been a while since i was considering getting in, they werent lettin minorities in with gpas 2.0-2.8 unless you had extensive extracurriculars

on top of that my junior year in hs was the year they got rid of AA because that white girl claimed she didnt get into grad school because the 8 black students took her spot, nvmd the hundred and change white kids who got in
Hold the F up. Are you saying  the average GPA for an incoming freshman class at SCum was 3.2 + a 26 on the ACT's? 

If that's what you're suggesting, YOU ARE TRIPPING. 

I know several cats with 3.8+ GPA's in advanced high school programs with 28+ on ACT that weren't getting in to SCum. One of my roommates at State had a 30 on the ACT and didn't get in. My Ex got wait listed with a 28 and a 4.0 plus tons of extra curriculars. 

P.S. Let's stop throwing shade at hands down the BEST dual sport University in the country. The average ACT score at MSU right now is 26. Holla. Oakland lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom