Black Red Air Jordan Fusion 5 Low - New Pics

M

mazedowner

Via: KixandtheCity.com (posted at: http://www.kixandthecity.com/2008/05/21/black-red-air-jordan-fusion-5-low-detailed-look/)

Following up several Air Jordan Fusion 5 Mids, Jordan Brand is set to release their first ever Air Jordan Fusion Low next Saturday with the Black Red Air Jordan Fusion 5 Low. Like the previous Air Jordan Fusion 5s, the "Black/Red" Air Jordan Fusion 5 Low fuses the characteristics of the Air Jordan V with the Nike Air Force 1. The "Black Red" Air Jordan Fusion 5 Lows feature a Black textured Leather upper with the Air Jordan V's netting, tongue, lace lock, embroidered 23, flame, and translucent sole. A first for the Air Jordan Fusion line, the "Black/Red" Air Jordan Fusion 5 low features a fabric toebox and body which features an "Is it the Shoes?" repeating print.

The "Black/Red" Air Jordan Fusion 5 Low is set to release next Saturday, March 31st, at select Jordan Brand accounts.

Tech Info:
05/31/2008 AJF 5 Low
325331-001 Black/Black-Varsity Red-White
$130
kedjbl.jpg

2vlry3n.jpg

i1y0xw.jpg

MaZe

Thanks for the pics Maze. Have you seen the T's yet? The "Is It The Shoes?" Tee is pretty nice.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

smh.gif
...nope. thanks for the pics, MaZe. always appreciated what you do.
smile.gif

No problem.

These are QS(esque) (meaning semi-limited) by the way and from the feeling that I get from the streets, these are expected to move, not unlike the otherFusions, which have been moving as well..
tdogg9114: Are you talking about the "Is it the Shoes" swirl type Ts?

MaZe

^^^maze.. no doubt everyone knows your a legit sneakerhead.. whats your opinions on the whole fusion concept.. do you think they hot?? honestly?

Well Maze, there was a "Is It The Shoes?" Tee that came out when the last Retro V's were being released. What was that, a year and a half to 2years ago?

Then for this release there are 2 styles of tees made to go with these both in White and Black. One is called the "Is It The Shoes?" tee and theother is called the Vertical tee.

Alright, hope I dont' get in trouble since they were requested. lol

Is It The Shoes? Tee
sidelineapparel_2001_101590740

sidelineapparel_2001_101503908

Vertical Tee
sidelineapparel_2001_101780980

sidelineapparel_2001_101690805

Originally Posted by dnob 04

^^^maze.. no doubt everyone knows your a legit sneakerhead.. whats your opinions on the whole fusion concept.. do you think they hot?? honestly?
Honestly, whether I PERSONALLY think the Fusion concept is hot doesn't matter at this point. They are coming, and coming HARD. If you (or anyoneelse) likes them, do you.

To semi answer your question though, I can probably write an entire historical essay (I won't though) that shows the logic behind this concept and why itis understandable.

Quick example, does anyone remember the first Jordan Fusion? No, not the Air Jordan Fusion 12, but the almighty J-Rod. That sneaker SUCCESSFULLY (in severalways) fused the PROD 1 with a number of Air Jordan sneakers. Also, I don't know if you guys remember/saw the feature that KATC did a WHILE back on the ChiMcBride designed Air Jordan III x Nike Air Force 1s (http://www.kixandthecity.com/2007/0...mark-smith-x-nike-air-force-1-air-jordan-iii/),but, that feature drew a lot of positive attention and Chi's concept may have even helped JB wrap their head around a possible AF1 x AJ collab even more.Now you can argue that the reasons behind both of these sneakers' success/buzz doesn't necessarily translate into the potential success of these AirJordan Fusions, but at face value, both these joints are Air Jordan Fusions that at least opened people's eyes to the possibility. Dig me?

There are a couple of other joints in sneaker history that point out how you can at least understand the Fusion concept.

Edit: And the Fusions are selling a lot better than most heads here probably expected. I see them a lot in the streets of NYC. A lot of the younger kids arecrushing them hard!

Real talk.

MaZe

this shoe is outlet bound and so is the white/red colorway.BUT IF I CAN GET THE BLACK COLOR FOR UNDET RETAIL I'LLCOP

That leather is going to look terrible in a few years ...

*edit* I retract that earlier statement. It looks terrible now.

i'm not a big fan of all the fusions..but i actually like these low's....think they'd be nice to rock...unfortunately....i do know of wish theydidn't say "is it the shoes" on them...would have been better just making them solid...

Originally Posted by MaZeDOwNeR

Originally Posted by dnob 04

Honestly, whether I PERSONALLY think the Fusion concept is hot doesn't matter at this point. They are coming, and coming HARD. If you (or anyone else) likes them, do you.

To semi answer your question though, I can probably write an entire historical essay (I won't though) that shows the logic behind this concept and why it is understandable.

Quick example, does anyone remember the first Jordan Fusion? No, not the Air Jordan Fusion 12, but the almighty J-Rod. That sneaker SUCCESSFULLY (in several ways) fused the PROD 1 with a number of Air Jordan sneakers. Also, I don't know if you guys remember/saw the feature that KATC did a WHILE back on the Chi McBride designed Air Jordan III x Nike Air Force 1s (http://www.kixandthecity.com/2007/0...mark-smith-x-nike-air-force-1-air-jordan-iii/), but, that feature drew a lot of positive attention and Chi's concept may have even helped JB wrap their head around a possible AF1 x AJ collab even more. Now you can argue that the reasons behind both of these sneakers' success/buzz doesn't necessarily translate into the potential success of these Air Jordan Fusions, but at face value, both these joints are Air Jordan Fusions that at least opened people's eyes to the possibility. Dig me?

There are a couple of other joints in sneaker history that point out how you can at least understand the Fusion concept.

Edit: And the Fusions are selling a lot better than most heads here probably expected. I see them a lot in the streets of NYC. A lot of the younger kids are crushing them hard!

Real talk.

MaZe

MaZe, you make sense... but having three Jordan models (XII, V and III) fusion-ing so frequently with X-number of highs and lows and different designs/colorsmakes the concept less and less special. It's even hard to remember the colorway a particular model was released.

But appreciation nonetheless !

Back
Top Bottom