Black security Guards / Doormen....why so many?

A) Because they look scary and intimiating, esp at nightime
B) Presumed athletic prowess, fearlessness and strength because of race
C) Laziness in finding a better paying, more educated and responsible job
D) 'The system' steers us in this direction (ie. biased as hell)
E) A combination of some of the above

Whats your thoughts?

I've always wondered this....i'd rather more of them working in those offices / buidlings rather than by the door....sheeesh
grin.gif

I've haven't been to many buildings with a doormen, but those that I have been to had fat, white, retired, partially ******ed security guards ordoormen. See the ne King of Queens movie as an example.

I hope that helps.

Job is easy to get, not like it requires a lot of education. I've done security but I was way younger tha them dudes. No clue how dudes do that full timeto live on.

Job is easy to get. I'm even considering doing it myself for a side job during this recession.

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

I've haven't been to many buildings with a doormen, but those that I have been to had fat, white, retired, partially ******ed security guards or doormen. See the ne King of Queens movie as an example.

I hope that helps.

I think he meant at clubs and bars, not at quiet apartment buildings. And I really just notice the doormen are big, they are of all races.

Originally Posted by skateyourbeaters

wow. this post isn't even racist AT ALL
How is it racist? I motion that a disproportionate amount of black males all involved in security / doormen jobs...its puzzling.....

And dont get me started on those cleaning jobs, DAMN
laugh.gif

what about the lack of female security guards? do lesbian bars have big black guys bouncing too?

its because thats all thats avalable to a dude who didnt go to COLLEGE and needs 10 - 15 hr to survive... IN NYC thats the easiest job to get without too muchcredentials...

I honestly dont see that many here....Well actually I see a lot I mean a lot of Ethiopian doormen/bell boys/ and valet park attendants here

Most security guards I see are usually a mix of both black and white

Ive seen a lot of black male doormen and security guards.

But ive also seen a lot of older white male doormen and security guards.

What i dont see...is your point.

Lol if you are a big black guy they assume this sometimes! I just got through with a meeting with my Professor boss and his peers and they kept calling me his"muscle" and "bodyguard."
smh.gif
I'm working on a Doctorate!

I generally see Black, more specifically Haitian, males and even some femalesdoing security whether it be for a residential community,
hospital, mall, office building or whatever. Many of them are ex-military, some want to be cops but haven't made it there for
whatever reason and many of them only have high school diplomas. Its not a very hard position to get into and the pay
is not great but its clean, honest work, so you do what you have to do. Why more Whites and Latinos aren't doing it I
really can't say.

*cosign steven42th's sig*

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Ive seen a lot of black male doormen and security guards.

But ive also seen a lot of older white male doormen and security guards.

What i dont see...is your point.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom