Black "Stealth" Foamposite ones!!! December 14th, 2012 - A FRIDAY!!!!

Contrary to popular belief, these are not immune...

Clear soles + mositure = yellowing...

That does look more like dirt. All you gotta do is clean them after you wear em.

I've been wearing mine A LOT. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Soles are definitely slightly yellowing. I clean them every 2-3 wears. I scrub the bottoms with a toothbrush. I heard/saw a few videos posted online that people used whitening toothpaste to clean up the clear soles. Anyone do this? It seems pretty logical but I have never tried it.

I've been wearing mine A LOT. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Soles are definitely slightly yellowing. I clean them every 2-3 wears. I scrub the bottoms with a toothbrush. I heard/saw a few videos posted online that people used whitening toothpaste to clean up the clear soles. Anyone do this? It seems pretty logical but I have never tried it.
I do the detergent and then the toothpaste after every 1-2 times I wear them. Seems to help stop them from yellowing.

I do the detergent and then the toothpaste after every 1-2 times I wear them. Seems to help stop them from yellowing.

laundry detergent and then toothpaste? does this work?

too much work.

i stopped babying my shoes years ago tho. soles get dirty.

2 things in life that you cant avoid:

yellowed soles
the tax man

:D

Im not too worried about it on these stealths, when they do start turning yellow, Ill just dye em black. But like Bigj said its inevitable. The Icy soles are the ones I really try and keep icy like my royal blues

They aren't immune and are probably more prone than I initially thought.
My gym green soles were still like new till they recently got wet. Now they look totally pissy.

Gym green soles suck. I wore mine less than 5x, in sunny weather, and they're yellowing slightly.

Gym green soles were clear though, not icy.

too much work.

i stopped babying my shoes years ago tho. soles get dirty.

2 things in life that you cant avoid:

yellowed soles
the tax man

happy.gif
Its crazy how dudes really keep up with cleaning the bottom. I understand sh*t or Gum but regular everyday wear smh.

why do these go for so much ?

My thoughts on the price history...In 2007, Blk/Anthracites sucked. In 2009, when all hip hop went all black everything, the Anthracites became sneaker royalty. But by that time, since everyone had worn their outlet joints into the ground, the rarity of a DS pair lead to the $1,000+ purchases. Stealths were the closest to them, so I guess $400-$500 ain't bad compared to $1,500.

Also, shout out to our good friends at FCNY :smile:

Last edited:
If some want to clean their soles, that's their prerogative, and it isn't hurting anyone.  Besides as much as the shoes costs, why not try keeping it looking its best for as long as possible?

My thoughts on the price history...In 2007, Blk/Anthracites sucked. In 2009, when all hip hop went all black everything, the Anthracites became sneaker royalty. But by that time, since everyone had worn their outlet joints into the ground, the rarity of a DS pair lead to the $1,000+ purchases. Stealths were the closest to them, so I guess $400-$500 ain't bad compared to $1,500.

:lol: for real. I cant stand them.

If I may add to your theory as to the price sir, I believe many sneakerheads were growing tired of cheaply made jordans and started going the foam route as they are more durable and about $60 + in retail price.

:lol: for real. I cant stand them.

If I may add to your theory as to the price sir, I believe many sneakerheads were growing tired of cheaply made jordans and started going the foam route as they are more durable and about $60 + in retail price.

i think the price is what it is for a few reasons but it has nothing to do with jordans.

1. quantity - much less to go around
2. colorway - this color makes much more sense to the masses. its not a wild pink, camo, yellow, south beach colorway. its the black with a clear sole (almost) that people begged nike for for years. and i really mean years.
3. visibility - foams were cool in 07 but are the new IT shoe to a lot of people. increased popularity = sell outs = price hikes.

Been trying to get an extra pair of these for a while. Not having much luck. These are getting super rare it seems

Been trying to get an extra pair of these for a while. Not having much luck. These are getting super rare it seems

People that got their hands on them aren't willing to give them up. These are my go to shoe now.

People that got their hands on them aren't willing to give them up. These are my go to shoe now.

I'm actually mad at myself for letting my other pair go a week after RD. I find myself wearing these more than I thought I was

Back
Top Bottom