Blacks should get reparations for everything that occured between 1930-90s

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

WaitWut wrote:

@Kilo,

big cities are actually the places where insidious racism occurs.� Racism is not only seen in radical gestures, but also in subtle occurences.��

Most people would love to say big cities like NYC and SF would be void of such behavior�but it does happen.� what's worse is what would happen if you saw it happen?:

��
youtube flash mob robbery though
if you owned a store you wouldnt want people stealing either

oh so if OJ murdered nicole.

I should tell every white girl to fear every black dude who plays football?

so what if those idiots who did the flash mob robberies were black.� doesn't mean i can logically assume that if more than one black teen come into a store theyre going to steal all the stf 511s and zebra print jeggins on the shelves

you are justifying racism and racial profiling? that is exactly what the video i posted shows. the provocation of "shopping while black"...this is how stereotypes become the "norm" and thus how minorities often feel oppressed in the slightest of ways.
calm down my point was stuff like that is why black people are treated that way

our people can not and will not receive reparation till they proclaim who they truly are which is moorish americans. The Dread Scott case showed this people who claim african american or black do not have any to no rights. If our people claim moorish american we can can get reparations on behalf of humanitarian offenses and a war crime which happened with the Battle of Tours(Battle of Poitiers) in 732 when charles martel pushed us invading moors or blackamoors out of western europe which led to us being expelled out of spain back into africa later being captured and enslaved and brought to North America with Cristobal Colon aka Christopher Columbus with a few moors on board his ships. Thats why our people need to get back there true nationality and go back to who we truly are, we are Moors simple as that.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

WaitWut wrote:
youtube flash mob robbery though
if you owned a store you wouldnt want people stealing either

oh so if OJ murdered nicole.

I should tell every white girl to fear every black dude who plays football?

so what if those idiots who did the flash mob robberies were black.� doesn't mean i can logically assume that if more than one black teen come into a store theyre going to steal all the stf 511s and zebra print jeggins on the shelves

you are justifying racism and racial profiling? that is exactly what the video i posted shows. the provocation of "shopping while black"...this is how stereotypes become the "norm" and thus how minorities often feel oppressed in the slightest of ways.
calm down my point was stuff like that is why black people are treated that way

You can't be serious, dawg.

Originally Posted by RLAK824

our people can not and will not receive reparation till they proclaim who they truly are which is moorish americans. The Dread Scott case showed this people who claim african american or black do not have any to no rights. If our people claim moorish american we can can get reparations on behalf of humanitarian offenses and a war crime which happened with the Battle of Tours(Battle of Poitiers) in 732 when charles martel pushed us invading moors or blackamoors out of western europe which led to us being expelled out of spain back into africa later being captured and enslaved and brought to North America with Cristobal Colon aka Christopher Columbus with a few moors on board his ships. Thats why our people need to get back there true nationality and go back to who we truly are, we are Moors simple as that.
KNOWLEDGE HAS BEEN DROPPED 
pimp.gif

There's a black president right now.

There's no excuse for self-pity.

It ain't 1910 anymore.

Do the best you can just like everybody else.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by RighteousKungFu

Why do you guys even bother making/responding to these threads?
I don't even know. These and the religion threads. It's like I can't help myself. I keep realizing I'm fighting a losing battle bc people are so set in their ways so I'm like:
tumblr_lfcini3N9j1qbvc38o1_400.jpg

...but then I go to do homework or eat or work out and I can't stop thinking about it, so I'm like

NO.png

NO.

NotOkay.png

It's not okay.

So then I just have to come in and argue some more. I'm out of control
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

pimp.gif

So the African slaves who were brought to America, were originally Western European "Moors" who were expelled out of "Spain" and were enslaved from West African and then brought to America?

So are you saying African slaves aren't of West/Central African blood like overwhelming scientific, historic and archeological evidence points to?

knowledge!!!! It does sound a lot more glamorous than being stolen/sold from West and Central Africa like animals I suppose
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by RighteousKungFu

Why do you guys even bother making/responding to these threads?
When grown folks speak, it's considered healthy discussion.
Okay Mr. "Grown Folk", tell me. How many race threads have ended on a good note? 
I learned the hard way 
tired.gif

Oh and lol @ Galvelocity

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

Dathbgboy, gilahone & DAYTONA spittin the truth. This country was built on the backs of slaves... outside of the Native Americans everyone owes the slaves a great deal (descendants? debatable)... it's proven that as a young nation, economically the USA rose to the top through the use of free labor

This thread isn't even about slavery, it's about recent history and since ya'll are so anemic to reading PLEASE watch this music video by my dude MURS...
I am actually anemic.

j/p man. Had to do it 

I agree that Americans owe a lot to the slaves that helped build their country. But lots of caucasian Canadians and Americans (in addition to other races) fought in the world wars to give us the freedom we enjoy today, and look how we treat them. A US vet commits/attempts suicide every 80 minutes and we owe them a ton, and I'm ashamed that we aren't doing better for them. I don't deny the struggles and horrible things that the slaves went through, but I disagree on the point where my generation of my skin color is being held responsible. All white people aren't American colonists. Unlike dude above assumed (since I'm white, presumably), my family didn't benefit from any of that brutality. Our family history goes way back to centuries of being dirt poor until we left Europe in WWII to come to Canada, where we worked in the coal mines and busted our butts to provide for our families. In addition, women had to fight to be heard for a very long time as well, and they aren't demanding compensation from every male on the continent. 

All I'm saying is that I think it's silly to lump a huge group of people together as owing you something when that may not be the case at all. I don't deny that North America wouldn't be the way it was without the free labor provided by the slaves and Asian Americans that were treated so poorly. But we aren't talking about the slaves. OP is talking about something totally different, and I think we're getting off topic. Reparations for slavery, yes. Reparations for assassinations and the like: hardly. Don't forget that among the same people you're vilifying as owing you something, are many people who have fought really hard for equality amoung races and genders and sexualities. 

I agree with funding the programs you're talking about to improve the quality of life of AA communities. I'm behind that 100%. The only part I disagree with is the part where you're discussing it as something that is owed to you as opposed to something that should simply happen because it's what's right. 

Edit: Sorry about the huge font, I figured with the amount of text it'd be easier to read.
In context I used the word correctly
nerd.gif

Contrary to what you said EVERYONE benefited from the use of free labor... the economical benefits this country enjoyed in its formative years are staggering... no slaves= no USA as we know it... also everyone else who sacrificed for this country sans NA did it voluntarily...

really? so being drafted into the war forced to be deployed is voluntary?

Originally Posted by prymone

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

I am actually anemic.

j/p man. Had to do it 

I agree that Americans owe a lot to the slaves that helped build their country. But lots of caucasian Canadians and Americans (in addition to other races) fought in the world wars to give us the freedom we enjoy today, and look how we treat them. A US vet commits/attempts suicide every 80 minutes and we owe them a ton, and I'm ashamed that we aren't doing better for them. I don't deny the struggles and horrible things that the slaves went through, but I disagree on the point where my generation of my skin color is being held responsible. All white people aren't American colonists. Unlike dude above assumed (since I'm white, presumably), my family didn't benefit from any of that brutality. Our family history goes way back to centuries of being dirt poor until we left Europe in WWII to come to Canada, where we worked in the coal mines and busted our butts to provide for our families. In addition, women had to fight to be heard for a very long time as well, and they aren't demanding compensation from every male on the continent. 

All I'm saying is that I think it's silly to lump a huge group of people together as owing you something when that may not be the case at all. I don't deny that North America wouldn't be the way it was without the free labor provided by the slaves and Asian Americans that were treated so poorly. But we aren't talking about the slaves. OP is talking about something totally different, and I think we're getting off topic. Reparations for slavery, yes. Reparations for assassinations and the like: hardly. Don't forget that among the same people you're vilifying as owing you something, are many people who have fought really hard for equality amoung races and genders and sexualities. 

I agree with funding the programs you're talking about to improve the quality of life of AA communities. I'm behind that 100%. The only part I disagree with is the part where you're discussing it as something that is owed to you as opposed to something that should simply happen because it's what's right. 

Edit: Sorry about the huge font, I figured with the amount of text it'd be easier to read.
In context I used the word correctly
nerd.gif

Contrary to what you said EVERYONE benefited from the use of free labor... the economical benefits this country enjoyed in its formative years are staggering... no slaves= no USA as we know it... also everyone else who sacrificed for this country sans NA did it voluntarily...

really? so being drafted into the war forced to be deployed is voluntary?

there were drafts but alot of Americans thought that the fight in the Wold War(s) was the good fight, which is why the major age group of troops was like 18-25.
at this point reparations for the African-American people would not solve anything because essentially, people would just give it right back through nonsense. i think that reparations should be something earned rather than given.  

Daytona 5K, you said you wanted to hear it. Scope the end of P16 bruh, what say you

CurbYourEnthusiam pretty much nailed it earlier on in the thread. Read the 1st reply on 14.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Daytona 5K, you said you wanted to hear it. Scope the end of P16 bruh, what say you

CurbYourEnthusiam pretty much nailed it earlier on in the thread. Read the 1st reply on 14.
I understand what CYE is saying, but I'm not trying to say that any other applicant (underrepresented minority) is preventing fellow applicants (white, asian, and/or other overrepresented demographic) from gaining admission. I'm trying to highlight the fact that the evaluation criteria is completely different. The admission officers are subjecting different people to different standards (sweeping, general standards at that), without regard to personal circumstance in most cases. 
Do you think that's fair?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

pimp.gif

So the African slaves who were brought to America, were originally Western European "Moors" who were expelled out of "Spain" and were enslaved from West African and then brought to America?

So are you saying African slaves aren't of West/Central African blood like overwhelming scientific, historic and archeological evidence points to?

knowledge!!!! It does sound a lot more glamorous than being stolen/sold from West and Central Africa like animals I suppose
ohwell.gif
fbw85w.jpg

He was talking about legal proceedings, then this dude starts talking slavery and animals and $!*!? 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
fbw85w.jpg

He was talking about legal proceedings, then this dude starts talking slavery and animals and $!*!? 
Kix, stop that. Anton is correct. This dude is not dropping knowledge, he's dropping some carefully strung together popcorn on a string and expecting those that don't know any better to accept its truth. 
RLAK, do you know that Moors were more or less Berbers and Arabs? Do you think that they were made up of 100% northwestern Africans who emigrated to Spain, then were forced back in to Africa wherein they populated the entire continent, all the while wiping out the remaining population only to be enslaved by Anglos from the Americas? You're basically saying that the entire African population is, in actuality, made up of Arabs and Berbers who were subsequently shipped to the U.S. To top it all off, you want reparations for something that happened in 732. 732 bro. Are you !!%*%%% kidding me?

Also, it's Dred Scott, not Dread Scott. Last I checked, Dred Scott v. Sandford (1857) was overturned by.. wait for it.. the 13th and 14th amendments. 

tired.gif

Your argument is invalid.

Learn how to use the return key. 

You do realize there are STILL MOORS in africa right? That Muslims are still a great presence in Africa. I was commenting on the Dred Scott case aspect, and how legally we were found to have no rights- famous MN court case. 
Of course you and Anton conveniently misquote his statement, by saying that he is saying all slaves were moors.'

AND THE CASE HAS NEVER BEEN OVERTURNED BY THE WAY.

My argument is invalid? 
grin.gif
 what argument is this btw?

You do realize there are STILL MOORS in africa right? That Muslims are still a great presence in Africa. I was commenting on the Dred Scott case aspect, and how legally we were found to have no rights- famous MN court case. 
Of course you and Anton conveniently misquote his statement, by saying that he is saying all slaves were moors.'

AND THE CASE HAS NEVER BEEN OVERTURNED BY THE WAY.

My argument is invalid? 
grin.gif
 what argument is this btw?
I was referring to the other guy's argument, not yours. Yes, of course there are still Moors in Africa, but this dude makes it seem as though every single slave brought to America was a Moor and that all African-Americans are Moorish. That's just not true. If he meant to say something else, maybe he should have taken five minutes to present his ideas a bit more clearly. 
I understand that Dred Scott has never been explicitly overturned, but it has been implicitly overturned by the 13th and 14th amendments and that's all that matters. Nobody actually believes that the SCOTUS still uses Dred Scott as precedent, I mean cmon. That's just ignorant, on some conspiracy theorist type *+%%.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Originally Posted by newbuck
 I say a lot of ignorant *+@ 
Quoted the only part that has any truth whatsoever 
@%$ up clown. I don't give a damn what you people say. I don't want a check or a handout but don't walk around like you don't owe us nothing. WHITE PEOPLE ARE WHERE THEY ARE BECAUSE OF NEGRO SLAVES. THIEVING, MANIPULATING SCUMBAGS DIDN'T HAVE TO SPEND A DIME SO THEY GOT TO KEEP ALL OF THE MONEY IN THE FAMILIES. YOU GOT FREE LABOR OUT OF US FOR DECADES! WHEN WE WERE FINALLY FREED WE DIDN'T HAVE !+% ! THEY OWNED EVERYTHING THAT WE BUILT FOR THEM! HIRED US ONLY TO WORK FOR PEANUTS AFTER THAT AND STILL GOT TREATED LIKE TRASH. THEY STOLE THE LAND FROM THE NATIVES AND ENSLAVED US. YOU CLOWNS WANA TELL ME THAT AIN'T TRUE? OH OK.

WHAT THE @%$ DON'T YOU IDIOTS UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?? TRY TO MAKE ME SOUND LIKE THE BAD GUY OR IDIOT BUT IT IS THE TRUTH. YOU WANA OVERLOOK IT OR QUOTE ME WITH A STONEFACE. @%$ OUTA HERE!!!

MOTHER @%$ ALL YOU

I say a lot of ignorant *+@ 
@%$ up clown. I don't give a damn what you people say. I don't want a check or a handout but don't walk around like you don't owe us nothing. WHITE PEOPLE ARE WHERE THEY ARE BECAUSE OF NEGRO SLAVES. THIEVING, MANIPULATING SCUMBAGS DIDN'T HAVE TO SPEND A DIME SO THEY GOT TO KEEP ALL OF THE MONEY IN THE FAMILIES. YOU GOT FREE LABOR OUT OF US FOR DECADES! WHEN WE WERE FINALLY FREED WE DIDN'T HAVE !+% ! THEY OWNED EVERYTHING THAT WE BUILT FOR THEM! HIRED US ONLY TO WORK FOR PEANUTS AFTER THAT AND STILL GOT TREATED LIKE TRASH. THEY STOLE THE LAND FROM THE NATIVES AND ENSLAVED US. YOU CLOWNS WANA TELL ME THAT AIN'T TRUE? OH OK.

WHAT THE @%$ DON'T YOU IDIOTS UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?? TRY TO MAKE ME SOUND LIKE THE BAD GUY OR IDIOT BUT IT IS THE TRUTH. YOU WANA OVERLOOK IT OR QUOTE ME WITH A STONEFACE. @%$ OUTA HERE!!!

MOTHER @%$ ALL YOU
You're only embarrassing yourself. Europeans have been doing a lot better in life before they hired one slave from Africa. I see you already lost by giving every white man power over you by your way of thinking. 

If WHITE PEOPLE are THIEVING, CONNIVING SCUMBAGS what are YOUR OWN PEOPLE for SELLING you? Think about that for a second. I hear all this white people crap but it really sounds like excuses. That's just how it was, accept it and move on. White people enslaved other white people too. Ottoman Empire took over Europe, Asia and North Africa. The world doesn't revolve around Africa. I'm sorry you can't see that. I don't see Turkey giving back anything to the Greeks AND they took have control of most of their coliseums. What happened was part of history. If you yourself can't get over it, its never going to go away. 

Quoting this buffoonery just in case you want to be slick and edit it.
No edit.

They are rich because of our ancestors. We were effing slaves, we built *+@, they got free labor out of us for years only to keep every dime in the family. Same *+@ down the line. Tell me something different, I say a lot of ignorant *+@ but tell me otherwise smart guy.

Lol, you first cleaned up "the whites" comment. Then when you saw I quoted it you edited it a second time to the original text. Extra slick.

Ain't afraid to say "The whites". I just know NT is so sensitive I might get banned.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

MOTHER @%$ ALL YOU
You're only embarrassing yourself. Europeans have been doing a lot better in life before they hired one slave from Africa. I see you already lost by giving every white man power over you by your way of thinking. 

If WHITE PEOPLE are THIEVING, CONNIVING SCUMBAGS what are YOUR OWN PEOPLE for SELLING you? Think about that for a second. I hear all this white people crap but it really sounds like excuses. That's just how it was, accept it and move on. White people enslaved other white people too. Ottoman Empire took over Europe, Asia and North Africa. The world doesn't revolve around Africa. I'm sorry you can't see that. I don't see Turkey giving back anything to the Greeks AND they took have control of most of their coliseums. What happened was part of history. If you yourself can't get over it, its never going to go away. 

Who ever said the world revolves around Africa? I said I don't want a check or handout but don't act like u don't owe us anything. It is what it is, all I was saying that 'what it is' is the truth. Nobody is making excuses and I never said I couldn't get over it my man. Read.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

MOTHER @%$ ALL YOU

Who ever said the world revolves around Africa? I said I don't want a check or handout but don't act like u don't owe us anything. It is what it is, all I was saying that 'what it is' is the truth. Nobody is making excuses and I never said I couldn't get over it my man. Read.
I agree it's the worst thing a human being could do, ever. All I'm saying is how can we fix the future when we keep bringing up the past. With more time passing and the history books getting changed around it gets impossible. Not you just in general. It got me thinking about the Palestine and Israel situation and how out of control that got. I also blame the tvs and schools for feeding lies because I was so ignorant until I actually booked up a book OUTSIDE of class. The world is just too complicated for no reason. I'm Looking forward to when the whole world is 'caramel' in like 50 years from mixed relations. 

Back
Top Bottom