Blade Runner 2049 (10/06/17) - Ford, Gosling, Batista, Leto, etc... SciFi Masterpiece?

I've never seen the original Blade Runner 
eyes.gif

The line at the end of this scene still gives me the chills... :frown: ...

don't click unless you've seen the first one...

man can't wait! digging the vibe from the teaser. Can't wait for the full blown trailer and this is shot by the Gawd Roger Deakins :pimp:

anyone turned off to Gosling should watch

half nelson
lars and the real girl
The place beyond the pines
blue valentine

gives great performances in those films.

I still gotta find & watch the Final Cut to the OG which i always heard is the best version but im hyped for this. With this & Ghost In The Shell i hope cyberpunk stuff is back :pimp:

Last edited:
I still gotta find & watch the Final Cut to the OG which i always heard is the best version but im hyped for this. With this & Ghost In The Shell i hope cyberpunk stuff is back :pimp:

ghost in the shell looks extra meh to me...if they had scarjo butt nekkid i MIGHT watch.

The director made, Prisoners, Sciario and Arrival. I'm very excited for this. So far what I'm reading is that Harrison and Ridley went into this as a passion project as the original was both their favorite movies to work on,

Blade runner was not a hit when it came out and a lot of critics didn't like the movie, it's took years to get that cult status along with the multiple recuts done by Scott.

ghost in the shell looks extra meh to me...if they had scarjo butt nekkid i MIGHT watch.

Lol im more happy bout the cyberpunk aethestic being done justice in it tho. I always felt Akira did it the best especially at the beginning with the motorcycle gang chase scene but that was animated. Idk why but cyberpunk stuff always looked cool to me as long as it wasnt TOO futuristic or robotic looking lol

Blade Runner 2049 Will be Rated R, More Sequels Teased

According to Screen Daily, Warner Bros. Pictures and Alcon Entertainment‘s Blade Runner 2049 will follow the original’s lead and be rated R! Director Denis Villeneuve not only confirmed the rating, but he also said that it would be one of the most expensive movies ever released with the restricted MPAA distinction.

“My producers are finding it fun to remind me that it will be one of the most expensive R-rated independent feature films ever made,” Villeneuve stated.

The Canadian filmmaker also revealed that there was very little green screen during filming, which wrapped in late November.

“I can count on my fingers the amount of times we put a green screen on set,” said Villeneuve. “Most of the movie was done on camera, me and [cinematographer] Roger Deakins worked very hard to do it that way. My actors were not walking on green screens all day long. CGI is a strong tool for backgrounds and extensions but what is around the actors needs to be as real as possible. When I watch a movie that’s mostly CGI, I’m disengaged.”

Lastly, while expressing his love for sci-fi (he’s previously stated he would love to remake Dune), he teased that there could be the potential for even MORE sequels to Ridley Scott’s 1982 dystopian classic.

“I’m doomed, I love sci-fi,” he said. “I have two more ideas now that I would love to do. [And] Blade Runner could go on… we’ll see how this one goes.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom