Bloomberg wants developers to build 275/300 foot apartments...here's a couple that makes it work.

roll.gif
 at paying all that money and having nothing to show for it. 

People in the south have gardens bigger than some tiny NY apartments.

Last edited:
I see dudes paying 2.5k or 3k/month for rent and I wanna laugh. If I'm forking over $30,000+/year to live somewhere I better own it or be on my way to owning it. I swear, man dudes forking over $250,000 or even $300,000 for rent over a 10 year period with nothing to show for it...but they live in Manhattan though!

Meh, I live in NYC, East Village to be exact, yet own property in Boston and Stamford CT, and I've have a better living experience renting as opposed to owning.

My two properties are a headache and a half to maintain but they're strictly used for investment purposes, which is why I put up with all the crap. I still have to deal with anything needing repair or bought, whereas my condo management deals with ALL of that maintenance ****.

And in NYC you're paying for the experience and the city itself. After being here 2 years I'll never move back to Greenwich or Boston. The overall Pros >>> the financial Cons.

Oh the memories, first time we stayed in Miami we rented out a condo at the Flamingo, if only I could afford to live there full time :lol: :pimp:

Meh, I live in NYC, East Village to be exact, yet own property in Boston and Stamford CT, and I've have a better living experience renting as opposed to owning.
My two properties are a headache and a half to maintain but they're strictly used for investment purposes, which is why I put up with all the crap. I still have to deal with anything needing repair or bought, whereas my condo management deals with ALL of that maintenance ****.
And in NYC you're paying for the experience and the city itself. After being here 2 years I'll never move back to Greenwich or Boston. The overall Pros >>> the financial Cons.

Stamford isn't hard to get to from NYC...but I can see owning a property in Boston while living in NYC being a real pain. How do you juggle that?

Back
Top Bottom