Blu-Ray: What's the difference? How much better than DVD? Is it worth buying?

^
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

haha..mybad. i just purchased one so im new.
All good.

Now just go get a PS3.

Anyone pick up any movies at fry's yesterday? Some good titles for $16.99. I got Tropic Thunder since I have all the other ones that were on sale.

Fry's and Amazon are the best places to buy Blu's.

^^..nbaw son i aint got that much money to buy a ps3 when i already got a 360...im not really a movie head.

I just picked up Gangs of New York at Circuit City for $20.

Its prob not going to look any different but I <3 this movie.

Been itchin to get a blu-ray player.
Got the 360 and 52" 1080p samsung lcd, just need some surround and blu-ray, most likely a ps3.

I don't see much of a difference at all at normal viewing distance watching an upscaled DVD vs. a Blu-Ray. I mean if I walk up to the TV like in the store,yea, but from normal viewing distance I don't notice much of a difference. This is with a 50 inch.

My Blu-Ray player has been on back order since late December
smh.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

I don't see much of a difference at all at normal viewing distance watching an upscaled DVD vs. a Blu-Ray. I mean if I walk up to the TV like in the store, yea, but from normal viewing distance I don't notice much of a difference. This is with a 50 inch.

what movie were you watching and whats your setup (TV, BD player, connections, etc)? Just wondering...

Im gonna pick up EAgle Eye from Best Buy tomorrow...I got a $5 RW coupon so it would only be $12
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I love me some YUMA. I blind bought it knewing I would love it because i'm into westerns like that. I gotta check out Appaloosa soon.
Appaloosa is good, but 3:10 to Yuma is MUCH better

can someone school me on a 150 dollar blu ray compared to a 700 dollar one. cuz i see some at magnolia for like 700 for a Denon.

Are there any good movies for under $20? I really don't feel like dishing out more than $20

Originally Posted by xdc2b18c1x

can someone school me on a 150 dollar blu ray compared to a 700 dollar one. cuz i see some at magnolia for like 700 for a Denon.

Has a lot to do with the capabilites of the player. Decoding DTS, 7.1, BD Live, Ethernet, etc.

Unless you have your own home theater in your house, and just want a SA just to watch movies like any average person, the $150 will be more than enough. Iassume you are looking at an Olevia or Insignia tho.

I would spend a few more bucks and get a BDP-S350.

Originally Posted by Shaky3

Are there any good movies for under $20? I really don't feel like dishing out more than $20
Check Amazon, Fry's, and Best Buy.

Tons of blockbusters from the past few years are less than $20.

Eagle Eye, Transformers, Tropic Thunder, Iron Man, all kinds of others.

also check out avsforum.com.....they got a blu-ray section with a sales thread that has all the sales on movies.....but yeah Amazon has some cheap blurays....also if anyone has a Movie Stop near them....I went yesterday and they had a bunch of cheap ones

Sorry to stray a little bit off topic here guys but quick ? for ya'll with PS3 Blu players, Every once in a while when im watching a movie, it seems likethere is a lagging in the frames, movements seem slower, but the sound isn't affected. Is this the PS3 or is it my HDTV?

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Sorry to stray a little bit off topic here guys but quick ? for ya'll with PS3 Blu players, Every once in a while when im watching a movie, it seems like there is a lagging in the frames, movements seem slower, but the sound isn't affected. Is this the PS3 or is it my HDTV?
Maybe its the ps3. Check the settings

Back
Top Bottom