Blueface Thread -Blueface Bad Girls Club Out Now

A plant is an artist who has a major label backing but is presented or comes off as having organically built a following.

Examples:
1. Rapper comes out of nowhere and is all of a sudden everywhere without any major records or true buzz
2. This one is my opinion. There are plenty of people who are paying to be on popular instagram rap pages as a means of getting exposure. These people are able to build followings by essentially buying their followers.
3. Lil Skies

Basically anybody who is currently poppin without organically getting in the game through their music

so how does one get their music to the point of being with a label and why is kendrick any less of a plant than lil skies if they both were rolled out by universal/interscope...Jay Rock was dropping albums on Interscope in 08-09.

they both got songs on youtube from 3-6 years before they really “made it”

i hate lil skies music but people apply the term plant very selectively based on if they like folks music or vibe or not

so how does one get their music to the point of being with a label and why is kendrick any less of a plant than lil skies if they both were rolled out by universal/interscope...Jay Rock was dropping albums on Interscope in 08-09.

they both got songs on youtube from 3-6 years before they really “made it”

i hate lil skies music but people apply the term plant very selectively based on if they like folks music or vibe or not

Kendrick was not rolled out by Interscope. Kendrick was signed to TDE and built a buzz for ten plus years. Lil Skies didn't build no buzz by himself. It has nothing to do with me not liking him. I never heard a song from him. I just knew one day he was never on my feed to the next day, he's everywhere. All these dudes do is pay blogs to repost them and that's how they blow. He is not poppin outside of Instagram

kendrick had section 80 and od but even how much of the fast spread/visibility of those came from top dawgs resources...little **** like being on the front page of datpiff at the right time matters

top dawg who again has been dealing with warner bros. since 08-09 (jay rock lil wayne song) and potentially with interscope since 2011

Kendrick is no more or less of a plant than Blueface...maybe moreso bc Top Dawg’s first label dealings didnt come with kendrick...not to take anything away from him but yall rules arent consistent

My rules are onsistent. Kendricks buzz was built from the ground up. ***** Was rapping for ten years and got bigger with every project. He just didn't pop because of Section 80. That's when you heard him. Lil Skies one day is not here, next day is. That's not because of his music. He doesn't have any got projects or songs.

And who said Blueface is a plant? Blueface was already popping out here before y'all got on. I heard Deadlocs going back to like March or April because some blog reposted him. That **** blew up fast and Birdman signed him. It's clear he had a hit on him

I first heard of Kendrick at OD and when he was doing the Wayne and Monster Freestyles and some **** called Michael jordan i vaguely remember.

On the flip side, while I don’t **** with skies music and i dont think he had a buzz before his soundcloud rebrand :lol:...

it all comes back down to how much you respect whatever it takes to get your music in front of these labels whether its something we view as organic as TDE and the grind Kendrick had since he was “K-Dot” or someone like a Lil skies being a chance knockoff and then turning into a Uzi/etc. offspring when thats the new style

Kendrick is not a plant at all. He made it on his own. If anyone is a plant, it’s Drake.

Someone at work kept talking about blue face and I finally checked him out... so incredibly meh and offbeat. He’s a Drake fan too.... seems like Drake fans enjoy the same garbage hip hop. Dude really put Rakim and Blueface in the same sentence...

Kendrick is not a plant at all. He made it on his own. If anyone is a plant, it’s Drake.

Someone at work kept talking about blue face and I finally checked him out... so incredibly meh and offbeat. He’s a Drake fan too.... seems like Drake fans enjoy the same garbage hip hop. Dude really put Rakim and Blueface in the same sentence...
U gonna regret saying that. Just edit it man, not today.

The catch me outside girl is a plant.

Drake and Kenderick and even this Blueface dude are not plants.

Yeah aight...
C2D13275-8CF4-42D5-A2FC-0A826BD52222.png

Oh you're back Mr pseudo intellectual hip hop himself. You got it bro. Go listen to your fake smart raps

Oh you're back Mr pseudo intellectual hip hop himself. You got it bro. Go listen to your fake smart raps

I’ll even admit Drake has some hits and I enjoy a decent portion of his music.

This Blue Face though... he’s more off beat than Lil B. I’m genuinely confused on what all
The hype is about. If you enjoy it though, more power to you.

I’ll even admit Drake has some hits and I enjoy a decent portion of his music.

This Blue Face though... he’s more off beat than Lil B. I’m genuinely confused on what all
The hype is about. If you enjoy it though, more power to you.

i just like it

rules dont matter anymore

i say if you try to put out your own music before a label is involved you cant be a plant.

you gotta have some < 10k views uploads unless you go viral on some soulja boy ****

Back
Top Bottom