BMW Allignment Question

Is there anything the dealer does that justifies it being $200 opposed to my local tire place only charging $75-$90? I don't have active steering...

Is there anything the dealer does that justifies it being $200 opposed to my local tire place only charging $75-$90? I don't have active steering...

The dealer is always going to fleece you, just because they are the dealer(especially BMW). If you KNOW someone that does quality work for cheaper, go with them. Only go to the dealer if you have no choice.

Listen.

Majority of dealerships just charge you out the *** for ****.

But with that being said, don't be cheap and do pay for quality work.

ESP when it comes to BMWs

I don't have problem paying the extra money if Im getting my money's worth. For example when my maintenance warranty expires I'm not going to the dealer for $110 oil changes when other places only charge $70 for synthetic. Just wasn't sure if BMW actually has better technology or it's all the same

I don't have problem paying the extra money if Im getting my money's worth. For example when my maintenance warranty expires I'm not going to the dealer for $110 oil changes when other places only charge $70 for synthetic. Just wasn't sure if BMW actually has better technology or it's all the same

When it comes to oil changes and simple stuff like that it, it isn't a problem.

Other major stuff I would look for BMW certified mechanics, they won't be as expensive as the stealership but at least the qauilty of work should be about the same.

ahh BMW maintenance..... :lol:

Every car needs maintenance :rolleyes

Not sure why your giggling.

Other major stuff I would look for BMW certified mechanics, they won't be as expensive as the stealership but at least the qauilty of work should be about the same.

Repped.

there's standard maintenance prices...then there's da no vasoline treatment thats awarded to those BMW owners as soon as that warranty goes away :lol:

there's standard maintenance prices...then there's da no vasoline treatment thats awarded to those BMW owners as soon as that warranty goes away :lol:

You pay for what you get though.

The maintenance price for a BMW isn't going to be the same as the price for a Dodge.

You pay to play.

Problem is people want to budget ball and try and fix BMWs with duct tape and home Remedies.

If you maintain any car correctly your gonna pay less in maintenance in the long run.

:rolleyes

Ninja has made me go from considering a srt8 a year ago to hating them now. he's like one of those annoying guys on fb that has a STI, evo, or other tuner car and just posts pictures of it all the time, posts stupid car memes, and sets his default picture to one of his car.......except he's all about the hemi and the fact that he doesn't even have a car and probably never will.

as for the OP...if you have a regular beemer, just take it anywhere. it you have a m3 or something, make sure you get it done right regardless of cost, because a lot of places can't necessarily do cars like that

Last edited:
Ninja has made me go from considering a srt8 a year ago to hating them now. he's like one of those annoying guys on fb that has a STI, evo, or other tuner car and just posts pictures of it all the time, posts stupid car memes, and sets his default picture to one of his car.......except he's all about the hemi and the fact that he doesn't even have a car and probably never will.
900x900px-LL-9d135f09_iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

genuine parts........................... I had the same issue last month with mines..:smh:

this car has been burning my pockets this year

there's standard maintenance prices...then there's da no vasoline treatment thats awarded to those BMW owners as soon as that warranty goes away
laugh.gif
You pay for what you get though.

The maintenance price for a BMW isn't going to be the same as the price for a Dodge.

You pay to play.

Problem is people want to budget ball and try and fix BMWs with duct tape and home Remedies.

If you maintain any car correctly your gonna pay less in maintenance in the long run.

eyes.gif
why not? its da same type of procedure.

and it cost FARRRRR more to do da same type of work on a bimmer then another car

You know BMW can tell what wrong with you car just by scanning the key(or cartridge)?

what do you mean you're not sure why he's giggling? because it's bmw maintainence. we all know what that means

let me guess ninja a hemi is better than a beamer now go ahead go and defend the engine and just ignore when i insult their interior and cheap quality lol

Last edited:
Not sure if its standard or not, but I had a friend tell me that BMW weighs down the car to a specific weight and they also do other procedures prior to aligning the car. He works a shop and absolutely despises when BMWs and Mercedes show up :lol: Like I said, not entirely sure if thats required for all cars are not. Just trying to give insight as to why it might be more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom