rlb9c7.jpg

2ebqyaw.jpg

2hx8vbr.jpg

s4cdvs.jpg

2jctq89.jpg

Looks
pimp.gif
 Especially in grey or white.

The guys at Top Gear said its total pain in the %%% to maintain though.

I've loved this look ever since I've seen it.

So essentially when you buy this paint, you should open up a contract at your local high end car wash to take it in, once to maybe twice a week.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

what is the difference between this and matte?

I was thinking the same, the color in the video looks closer to satin black...but can anyone state the difference? Because I see none.

Originally Posted by Jaehow

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

what is the difference between this and matte?

I was thinking the same, the color in the video looks closer to satin black...but can anyone state the difference? Because I see none.

I haven't done much research on 3rd party matte paint jobs but BMW for sure puts a satin clear coat on these paint jobs and that is why there is a little shine on the matte paint, it isn't just flat. The satin clear coat can also be protected by some matte/satin sealant which makes cleaning the car easier since any tars or bugs has to be cleaned off immediately. 
The car certainly has to be bought by someone who has a garage because it'll be too much hassle if the cars sits overnight outside. 

dont see why people are so obsessed with a special color....when other countries get the gts and other special editions

Originally Posted by AirThompson

NT loves their BMWs

Sooner or later there will be an Audi Appreciation thread. 
I'm actually thinking of just starting a bunch of appreciation threads for Audi, Benz, Lexus, etc.... and just put up the car brand news and unveils in their respective threads.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

The guys at Top Gear said its�total pain in the %%%�to maintain though.
the black
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif

but you will have to clean it basically everyday, because with my M i have insects on the front of my hood after each highway drive.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

but you will have to clean it basically everyday, because with my M i have insects on the front of my hood after each highway drive.

I think it depends where you live. I rarely get bugs on the front of my car but bird crap and pollen are everywhere here. It's not for everyone but the guidelines clearly says just clean off anything that gets on the car and I already do that with my car so if it were me (always carry a few towels and detailer in the trunk), I don't think it'll be a big deal. But that's me though, other probably couldn't care less.
I don't know though, having a black car where dirt shows up an hour after a wash and swirl marks happens just by looking at it, I think having the frozen paint where you don't need to clay bar & polish every 6 months and no waxing every 2-3 weeks and just washing the car would be much, much easier. Plus when it gets dirty, matte color kind of hides it. It only looks terrible when it is completely filthy. I think my life would be easier with this paint job because my black car is just oo much work and this might be my last black car ever.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

I think it depends where you live. I rarely get bugs on the front of my car but bird crap and pollen are everywhere here. It's not for everyone but the guidelines clearly says just clean off anything that gets on the car and I already do that with my car so if it were me (always carry a few towels and detailer in the trunk), I don't think it'll be a big deal. But that's me though, other probably couldn't care less.
I don't know though, having a black car where dirt shows up an hour after a wash and swirl marks happens just by looking at it, I think having the frozen paint where you don't need to clay bar & polish every 6 months and no waxing every 2-3 weeks and just washing the car would be much, much easier. Plus when it gets dirty, matte color kind of hides it. It only looks terrible when it is completely filthy. I think my life would be easier with this paint job because my black car is just oo much work and this might be my last black car ever.

That's the most appealing thing to me, because waxing and polish takes way to long sometimes. My car is bright so within 1 day it looks like it could use another washing, so having a car that can hide dirt would be great.

I wonder what the price is for the paint job

Back
Top Bottom