BNI networking groups...

I'm a personal banker in Midtown Manhattan and a client of mine put me onto BNI (Business Networking International), its a group of people who meet once a week and exchange refferals and help each other get more business. He told me its about 1,100 to join and I'm interested cause I really want to start building a solid book of business. Anyone apart of a BNI group or something similar? is it worth the money? Anyone on NT in the NYC area want to help me out and maybe I can help you out too lol, I'm looking to connect with some attorneys, and real estate brokers. Hit up the inbox or just reply here!

pimp.gif

I'm a personal banker in Midtown Manhattan and a client of mine put me onto BNI (Business Networking International), its a group of people who meet once a week and exchange refferals and help each other get more business. He told me its about 1,100 to join and I'm interested cause I really want to start building a solid book of business. Anyone apart of a BNI group or something similar? is it worth the money? Anyone on NT in the NYC area want to help me out and maybe I can help you out too lol, I'm looking to connect with some attorneys, and real estate brokers. Hit up the inbox or just reply here!

pimp.gif

not in NYC but I belong to a group like this (also a banker) but its free...don't see why he is charging you, and it sounds like a scam...is there a guarantee for refferals? What does your membership include?....but legit groups like this are helpful to get your name and face out amongst the crowd you wish to bank in the future

not in NYC but I belong to a group like this (also a banker) but its free...don't see why he is charging you, and it sounds like a scam...is there a guarantee for refferals? What does your membership include?....but legit groups like this are helpful to get your name and face out amongst the crowd you wish to bank in the future

well he told me the 1,100 is paid in peices throughout the year so its 4 payments of like 300. And the money is used towards the breakfast and renting the space that they use for their weekly meetings. also he told me that it is mandatory that each person bring one refferal a week, so i figured i would team up with like 3 people and we just swing business to each other..

well he told me the 1,100 is paid in peices throughout the year so its 4 payments of like 300. And the money is used towards the breakfast and renting the space that they use for their weekly meetings. also he told me that it is mandatory that each person bring one refferal a week, so i figured i would team up with like 3 people and we just swing business to each other..

and there site is manhattanbni.com they have a bunch of chapters they are legit I know that for sure. I guess the dues vary from chapter to chapter

and there site is manhattanbni.com they have a bunch of chapters they are legit I know that for sure. I guess the dues vary from chapter to chapter

I would think there are better ways to network than to just pay but do you but It seems some what legit so if you have the money than take the risk.

I would think there are better ways to network than to just pay but do you but It seems some what legit so if you have the money than take the risk.

oh ok that sounds good then...the group I belong to just meets at a pre determined restaurant or lounge bi-weekly ...one referral is also required and it's mainly for young professionals(recent college grads 22-28) looking to increase business and network with eachother...met a lot a cool people and must say is a great way to meet career driven women...good luck man!

oh ok that sounds good then...the group I belong to just meets at a pre determined restaurant or lounge bi-weekly ...one referral is also required and it's mainly for young professionals(recent college grads 22-28) looking to increase business and network with eachother...met a lot a cool people and must say is a great way to meet career driven women...good luck man!

Usain what would you recommend as an alternate way?
And kanye what bank do you work for? And one con I see to the bni group is they all seem kind of old, and I'm 23. But I guess wiser people is who I need to be around now.

And kanye what bank do you work for? And one con I see to the bni group is they all seem kind of old, and I'm 23. But I guess wiser people is who I need to be around now.

Originally Posted by Dipsetallday05

Harris Bank its the U.S. brand for the Canadian Bank BMO....older people will teach you a lot and once you gain their trust and respect you should be fine..an reccomendation or cosign from them will open more doors...also see if your company has any programs in place already...what you could possibly do is talk to your manager about creating a group and structuring it how you think it will work best for you and your associates

Originally Posted by Dipsetallday05

Harris Bank its the U.S. brand for the Canadian Bank BMO....older people will teach you a lot and once you gain their trust and respect you should be fine..an reccomendation or cosign from them will open more doors...also see if your company has any programs in place already...what you could possibly do is talk to your manager about creating a group and structuring it how you think it will work best for you and your associates

Well I work for chase and manger is a **** and my co workers are very lazy. So I'm trying to stand out and make a move as fast as possible. I brought up the idea to my manger and the guy didn't take me serious so I said +%$% him from there..

Well I work for chase and manger is a **** and my co workers are very lazy. So I'm trying to stand out and make a move as fast as possible. I brought up the idea to my manger and the guy didn't take me serious so I said +%$% him from there..

Originally Posted by KanyeBreast

Honestly I wouldn't say its worth the money. As a pb its not that serious man... if you get your own branch one day and are responsible for the profitability I would say maybe. Have you exhausted all your other networking options like joined your chamber of commerce and attended their networking events, business after hours, etc.? Are you asking for referrals after you open accounts fo your current customers? A great way to get business is volunteering in your community on behalf of your bank.There's a lot of things you can do before you pay $1000. You just said its young professionals at the networing event..is that the kind of business you want? And its the same group every meething right? What are you going to do when they give you a referral? Cold call them? You're gonna pay $1000 to cold call someone? You can do that for free lol

Originally Posted by KanyeBreast

Honestly I wouldn't say its worth the money. As a pb its not that serious man... if you get your own branch one day and are responsible for the profitability I would say maybe. Have you exhausted all your other networking options like joined your chamber of commerce and attended their networking events, business after hours, etc.? Are you asking for referrals after you open accounts fo your current customers? A great way to get business is volunteering in your community on behalf of your bank.There's a lot of things you can do before you pay $1000. You just said its young professionals at the networing event..is that the kind of business you want? And its the same group every meething right? What are you going to do when they give you a referral? Cold call them? You're gonna pay $1000 to cold call someone? You can do that for free lol

Back
Top Bottom