Bo Jackson's TRAINER SC HIGH White/grey/LIGHTNING set to release July '11

Originally Posted by Random 79

The lack of quality material is probably as much if not more of deterrent than the terrible c/w's of retroes.

uh oh here comes quality control.. lets not knock a shoe till you've seen it in person, tried it on, and walked around in them.
people act like they are gonna wear a certain shoe every day. shoes crease. whatever. move on. if the shoe lasts over 5 years (which i'm going to assume because most of my shoes that are similar to these last at least that long) then whats wrong with the material quality?

^
I'd assume you've never had a "real" Bo (meaning 2000 or before).

It ain't about "creasing". Take that to JB Forum.

"WallyHoop" and others (even in this thread) have shown the vast difference in what the Bo is and what Nike has made it cutting corners.

These recent ones are def. worth the complaints.  

They "jeppers" in comparison.

lets not knock a shoe till you've seen it in person, tried it on, and walked around in them.
COMICAL.  A pair of these tried on at a store multiple times = damn near unsaleable shoe. 
laugh.gif
  Know footlockers that sent some back.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^

"WallyHoop" and others (even in this thread) have shown the vast difference in what the Bo is and what Nike has made it cutting corners.

lets not knock a shoe till you've seen it in person, tried it on, and walked around in them.
COMICAL.  A pair of these tried on at a store multiple times = damn near unsaleable shoe. 
laugh.gif

dude you have no clue if they will be using the same material as the ones that came out a year or so ago. like they havent gotton new materials since the last bo's
roll.gif

WR3.... still masquerading I see 
nerd.gif

EOH.... still lame as ever I see.... how bout when AnimalThug crushed you in that one thread about people gettin scammed and you brought your "over ten years" BS to that thread and got your e-feelings hurt?? Why do you think you are the be all, end all to EVERY damn thread esp Nike Retro!

EDIT: To the topic.... I like these 

Originally Posted by only HoHs collected

thanks for posting pics of nothing, but does anyone rememeber the all whites

I remember there was an all white Air Trainer SC Low in like 2003-2004?  Wore those until the outsole was nearly flat and had to throw them out once they got caught in a flood at home.

Sample pic looks somewhat promising...hope actual photos of the shoe appear soon.

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by Random 79

The lack of quality material is probably as much if not more of deterrent than the terrible c/w's of retroes.

uh oh here comes quality control.. lets not knock a shoe till you've seen it in person, tried it on, and walked around in them.
people act like they are gonna wear a certain shoe every day. shoes crease. whatever. move on. if the shoe lasts over 5 years (which i'm going to assume because most of my shoes that are similar to these last at least that long) then whats wrong with the material quality?
eyes of hazel covered it all pretty well.
Just to add. Some of the best quality leathers crease. It's never been about that. It's about the leather quality... in the look and the feel. We can reasonably assume given Nike's recent past with these, that the next retro will be the same.

I won't go posting up photo comparisons but having owned a couple pairs, you truly get blindsided when you are presented with the current quality. One could say that it's not that bad but it IS.

Auburns were the worst with the precreased toeboxes. Later colorways got better. So these shouldn't have that problem. Comfort was never BAD for me with the auburns. So you could definitely get by by wearing pleather shoes. But it got to a point where it didnt look or feel right so I stopped going after this latest generation of items. I felt like I was wearing fake shoes/ I can't really pinpoint it, but with the fake types of materials, the crease points are all out of wack. You know you have something synthetic on your feet. For me, its a deterrent. For others, they get by okay or its not a big deal. I've never been one to downgrade another person for liking this latest crop

Originally Posted by ekhunter

eyes of hazel wrote:

^

laugh.gif

dude you have no clue if they will be using the same material as the ones that came out a year or so ago. like they havent gotton new materials since the last bo's
roll.gif

Yeah, the leather can vary.

I got two pair of the auburn's. One pair had shiny leather, wrinkly and the other were like my navy blue ones, no sheen and not wrinkled.

The mudguards consistently off however.

Originally Posted by Agent0024

EOH.... still lame as ever I see.... how bout when AnimalThug crushed you in that one thread about people gettin scammed and you brought your "over ten years" BS to that thread and got your e-feelings hurt?? Why do you think you are the be all, end all to EVERY damn thread esp Nike Retro!
WallyHoop wrote:

eyes of hazel covered it all pretty well.
Basically.

I find it funny how I don't even remember what I post after a couple days (it's Niketalk, lol), but some dudes (if you wanna call them "dudes") put my every word/move on here in their memory bank for later revival in unrelated threads weeks later.

#sad

laugh.gif

And just FYI to the "agent" who knows everything, holding feelings in like my ex-chicks do...

Me and "Animalthug" basically laughed at the situation via inbox privately, if I recall and I *think* about what you are referring to.  He knows me.  It was nothing but entertainment to read publicly.

Feel even smaller, er?

You shouldn't.  It's just Niketalk.

#shoedudeswhoneed.e.o.h.attention

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Wally, the webtec reflective is really nice and gives it a "special" touch for sure.  A big problem with the trainer SC2 that we have seen with this year's retros so far.  That little attention to detail would go such a long way to "winning" retro and trainer fans over, and yet NIKE just can't seem to figure it out.  Such a shame. Fortunately, I will probably sleep on this CW if it drops just as I did with the auburn BOs, only to find them lingering around outlets and the like thereafter.
agreed

too bad 'cause it's the best non OG color Bo's

6h5dyfq.jpg

These look so beautiful. It's the little things. Nike would never do the grey behind the tongue or grey around the webtec.
30t6p3b.gif

They seem to do the bare minimum these days.

Omg get over it ppl if u want og materials buy the og's!

Ppl: But they may not b wearable!

Me: Beggars cant b choosers, and even us as the customer who pays for a product cant b choosers, build a time machine or send your resume 2 nike, my first pair of trainers were the orange/blue retro that came out 2 yrs ago, and till this day they still get worn, they are still the second most comfortable nike i walked in (air terra humaras are first, dont knok em till u walked in em), and they are still wearable even tho they are my current beaters, now majority of you might say my opinion doesnt count because i didnt hav the og's but look at it this way, if im a 'newbie' to these or whatever you wanna call me, i paid for the shoe, i curretly still want another pair and think its excellent, why would nike go the EXTRA mile to appeal to the older crowd? They get new customers everyday! And they already took your money years ago! They gave you guys the shoe, take it or leave it. Im sure the old ones were better, prolly lasted longer blah blah blah, but its 2011 ppl, nike can make almost the exact replica of a shoe that came out yrs back but use cheaper materials, all that money you wished is going into your childhood sneakers are going to new technology/new designs/hybrids etc. Get with the times

I remember all white s.c. trainer highs with clear soles with "nyc" on the back

They re-released with the swoosh in place of "nyc"

Originally Posted by only HoHs collected

please post pics of pre 2002 Bo's please O.G.'s
All of my pairs were basically purchased used and continue to be used. No real shots of mine in a perfect state

1997 raider:
5ff35785493e619cc6b7c899b9db0910f9d9306_r.JPG

a8515f476ac9c9b6c2969241d0f84e08b354004_r.JPG

eek.gif
Tumbled leather was something else. The black suede
pimp.gif
. Once they became unwearable, an instant seller. So damn comfortable

1998 royal blue
9f535f35462966d4c14ec99dba4ba814bbb042d_r.jpg

ee735698496b6a05c49bc1d8b0a0d5f55c3ecbe_r.JPG

a481574362c5cfb93187de831cca3402b3e7856_r.JPG

4b9151426ec7c9b66570dde8bbf2e419df1351a_r.JPG

-A little trick on these. The hard white outrigger and toebox yellow like crazy. They are the first to go. Some household paint works to bring these back to life (you can see where the paint is chipping near the bottom)
62125214a261fc96c27b85197afeea6ca2f475b_r.JPG

The creasing all natural
d5b15d456ecac0b7bd9cf35fe44a0778d6bb403_r.JPG

1999 pimento "infrared":
c7825c540261cce0c3ab2b286f028612ec27679_r.JPG

1cc1524364c5ceb437d00c1917d4b17600e26ee_r.JPG

319352e8408e6e04c26ac5e3bc0d160de0ccc4a_r.JPG

1999 Ligntnings:
a3d3592549036e5cc8e6c810b5a861eaa342bf0_r.JPG

-i'm days away from repainint the outrigger and toepiece

2000 or 2001 comet red:
4af3529b46786276ce66c275bd245ad5e1bdb39_r.JPG

3c43572046cc67c5c52cc5fcb038805e8b95f18_r.JPG

6aa25a64f86b3cf2c74b0f5e8f72ac6169db198_r.JPG

c5c253e4da6dfc26c60b8118bd75aec1cd03aaa_r.JPG

2002 royal blue (alpha project box).-
6ec254641764acfacd2b907c9c2d253cdf825b6_r.jpg

Family photo of my late 90 bo set:
4be259e4316edcceceab7007fa6864af72e4089_r.JPG

Which one is not like the others?
d65355e940446756cd3dcdedb016e0001042f56_r.JPG

Some other random shots from ebay:
d5635dae481961edccb4caacbe1382da26fe9f7_r.jpg

9e83534f43046ee5cf87cc30ba58524e0dec171_r.png

3d71524f67ccc9ba54e8dbc3672b3dbd60bf0cd_r.jpg

04315d4668c7c4b7b4c8e34e60673a0e2632b93_r.JPG

18925be4da6d9c26c09bdeae40d5b0c06d8fc51_r.JPG

c271564c66c6cfb6330b93b8475f09e7ec4ad1c_r.JPG

35f35c4d4cae6f2dc20fcc5eb3845ae73c506c9_r.JPG

1981594769cfcdbd756d44b13f27e5bf5cc8d1d_r.peg

6df25124dc61dc8ecdab544942361547abc86a9_r.png

409679822_o.jpg

NT's own tonystarks1 had a heck of collection of all or most of the sc trainer highs:
http://niketalk.com/topic/201453/My-Collection-9-years-later-I-love-Bo-Jacksons-Updated-12-20?page=1

The pre 2002 era ran DEEP. (some may be 2003)
Some other notables include:
from his first photo
-All navy suede with white swosh and midsole element
-white/grey/orange
-all white/university blue
-all white with light grey mudguard and accent
from second photo
-black with grey suede
-white/black/university blue
-all white with clear outsole (i believe there was a NYC logo in back and a normal NIKE version)
-all grey with lightning yellow accents
-the women's white/grey/pink

Corgishoes has some photos of others he has/had for sale

1999 Columbia Blue
shoes-281.jpg

2001 White/White (Ice)
shoes-1381.jpg

There was also the white white ice with NYC logo in 2001
shoes-019.jpg

Even this 2002 plain white pair, you thought nothing of back then. But with quality materials like that, its sought after.. at least by me
shoes-418.jpg

2000:
2-25-002.jpg

The 2001 comet red also had a Dominican version with a flag on the heel of that pair.

The reflection of light off of the webtec is special. Now we have some plastic mesh grid
laugh.gif

2-22-034.jpg

A trip down memory lane has never felt so sad

Now....... I spent years looking for the 98 auburns only to succumb to the 2009 variety. I could see how many others are doing this with the lightnings. No big deal really. People will like what they like, but it's great to remember the past

You cannot possibly say with a straight face that it doesnt matter or to suck it up. I challenge anyone to walk into a Nike factory shoes and look for quality materials. 1 in 30 maybe... Possibly 1 shoe out of every 20. The sighting and overally scoop of so much mediocre CRAP has clouded the minds of many people imo. It has become such a norm that people forget the past.

The color blocking used to be a lot better. They did more with it, but still kept it simple.

I'm still pissed at what they did to the Raiders colorway. I could have gotten those for a good price, and still wouldn't do it.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^

laugh.gif

you assumed right. but i do have a good mix of older and newer shoes. i'd say i have at least 40 different various jordans and nikes, some with og and retro counterparts, they all fit comfortably IMO and are pretty much up to my standards colorway wise, thats why i feel sometimes when people throw that whole "quality" thing out its their only argument with nothing to back it up. one thing i do know is nike won't improve on a retro with outdated technology. if you are looking for something more comfortable, go after another shoe. if not, get these, break em in, or swap some insoles, and be happy they dropped these for you. definitely gonna try a pair on and walk around and maybe i'll come around to what you are saying. i respect that people strive for better quality, but it is what it is..

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

not gonna listen to someone who wasnt even @%++$!+ born yet when the og's came. 

next time grown folks talk close your mouth.

and go buy some of this "new tech" bull $@%$ you are talking about instead of chiming in on my era's style of shoes....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

and go buy some of this "new tech" bull $@%$ you are talking about instead of chiming in on my era's style of shoes....

Calm dwn old man before you have a heart attack, ur 'era' is gone dont get upset jus take your L and smoke it

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

you assumed right. but i do have a good mix of older and newer shoes. i'd say i have at least 40 different various jordans and nikes, some with og and retro counterparts, they all fit comfortably IMO and are pretty much up to my standards colorway wise, thats why i feel sometimes when people throw that whole "quality" thing out its their only argument with nothing to back it up. one thing i do know is nike won't improve on a retro with outdated technology. if you are looking for something more comfortable, go after another shoe. if not, get these, break em in, or swap some insoles, and be happy they dropped these for you. definitely gonna try a pair on and walk around and maybe i'll come around to what you are saying. i respect that people strive for better quality, but it is what it is..
Word.  Respected.

Thanks for your response - and taking my comments for "face value" instead of the emotional way this "agent" kat did (although NO ONE was speaking to him and I don't know where his Eminem "Stan" stance came from, lol, I guess people love to ether themselves).

To piggy back NTer NobleKane, "...Next time grown folks talk close your mouth."  Word to "Against all odds" by 2pac.  Classic. 
laugh.gif

Thanks "Wallyhoop" -- as usual -- for your efforts in posting the pics.  I know it seems like a broken record everytime you do it, but it MUST be done everytime IMO.

Excuse my analogy, but...

Those pics posted of the 99-02 era Bos (keep in mind, THOSE ARE RETROS too) remind me of Jordan during his first 3 peat then retiring on top of the game -- and people (like NTer 1C3M4M) telling you to ACCEPT PETE MYERS (current retros) AND MOVE ON.

Naw Slim.  Jordan CAN come back and crush. 

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I'll wait for Jordan to come back and 3 peat again...

(translation = Nike has the ability to "come back" and do these Bos right, and I'll wait and hope.  Shoe is too great historically, design, and popularity wise for the shortcuts).

Originally Posted by NobleKane

1C3M4M wrote:

Calm dwn old man before you have a heart attack, ur 'era' is gone dont get upset jus take your L and smoke it

...and now we have the era of poor craftsmanship, effeminate men and bad music
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom