Bobby Shmurda: ARTIST OF THE SUMMER: Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel Have Been Arrested

do yall cats party or just sit on the internet? this **** is hot for the summer. no question.

This summer is quiet compared to the last 2-3 summers, We dont have no
Im one one
How to love
Racks
Cash out
Ima boss
Spend it
Type of way
Aint worried
Motivation
Marvins room
Novacane etc

Loyal is hot because the industry got so much money invested in cb that hes gonna be heard regardless, song is overrated, its just forced on us by the industry, cb was on 3 tracks constantly in rotation on the radio while he was locked up, that should say something

This summer been lackluster so far since hot n & no flex zone is in discussion as the song of the summer

Speaker knockerz >>>>>> shmeverythang

It's a shame he passed... :frown:

This thread was the first I heard of him and lonely is about to be on replay.

Speaker knockerz >>>>>> shmeverythang

It's a shame he passed...
frown.gif

This thread was the first I heard of him and lonely is about to be on replay.
 ​
Dude would have took off if he was around to promote it and got the Drake co-sign while he was still here.​
 ​
Which is crazy I saw him come up from performing in bummy parties, he used to be a regular dude going to school. Crazy.​
 ​
Not to mention, he was pretty nice on the beats too. You see Chicago kinda falling off, but Knock coulda made some bangers for Keef and co and kept the wave going. His music was like bop music + Travis Porter feelgood vibes. Imagine Keef or Durk over a Erica Kane or Lonely type beat.​
 ​
This dude is hilarious.
 ​

This summer is quiet compared to the last 2-3 summers, We dont have no
Im one one
How to love
Racks
Cash out
Ima boss
Spend it
Type of way
Aint worried
Motivation
Marvins room
Novacane etc

Loyal is hot because the industry got so much money invested in cb that hes gonna be heard regardless, song is overrated, its just forced on us by the industry, cb was on 3 tracks constantly in rotation on the radio while he was locked up, that should say something

This summer been lackluster so far since hot n & no flex zone is in discussion as the song of the summer

Did you really just include "how to love" and "novocane"?

:rofl:
Where in the world do you live, pa?

No Flex Zone >>>>>>>>>This Shmurda ****

Only ppl know bout this song cuz of the Internet or live in NY , at least No Flex get some radio/club play n im sure it will make its way to the West Coast and up to NYC in a lil bit

lmao at this being song of the summer and/or this guy being considered artist of the summer. the song is hot to some ppl...but artist of the summer??????

The reason why NY has no real "sound" is because they keep trying to re-invent instead of inventing​
 ​
 ​
What I've been saying for the longest. NY won't be back on top until someone comes forward with something new. Boom bap is way too antiquated production wise to ever be dominant again. Rap is much more melodic now and rappers have to be way more versatile. You can't just come with punchlines on a boom bap beat and expect to blow.

Dude would have took off if he was around to promote it and got the Drake co-sign while he was still here.​

Which is crazy I saw him come up from performing in bummy parties, he used to be a regular dude going to school. Crazy.​

Not to mention, he was pretty nice on the beats too. You see Chicago kinda falling off, but Knock coulda made some bangers for Keef and co and kept the wave going. His music was like bop music + Travis Porter feelgood vibes. Imagine Keef or Durk over a Erica Kane or Lonely type beat.​

This dude is hilarious.​

Trill talk.

I hate to repeat myself, but lonely got me feelin some type of way.

That no flex zone song is :x

Dude legit sounds like he's 12.

Okay it's growing on me. :lol:

Last edited:
What I've been saying for the longest. NY won't be back on top until someone comes forward with something new. Boom bap is way too antiquated production wise to ever be dominant again. Rap is much more melodic now and rappers have to be way more versatile. You can't just come with punchlines on a boom bap beat and expect to blow.
Rap seems to be dominated by stripped down beats with an extra repetitive simple loop over it i.e. Trap music. Trap music really isn't that melodic IMO...or complex.

Last edited:

Rap seems to be dominated by stripped down beats with an extra repetitive simple loop over it i.e. Trap music. Trap music really isn't that melodic IMO...or complex.
Not necessarily the beats, but the rhymes. Everything is sing songy now. All the hard stops after punchlines type rap isn't going over well now. 

I was kinda skeptical of no flex zone I saw it posted on Complex as the "hottest" new song out some weeks back looked it up on YouTube and that **** only had like 2000 views :stoneface: :lol: #payola

Heard it in the club like 2 weeks ago tho :pimp:

No flex zone been my shh for a min now, since Mike Will Mentioned it on his interview with TBC. However nobody else I know effs with it, they say them homies sound like they 12.

Once Otto from Rocket Power's voice gets deeper either naturally or through vocal effects or even by forcing it, he will have an ill rapping voice​
 ​
He'll sound like a Chopped and Screwed little kid​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom