Bobcats F Stephen Jackson: "Free-Throws Are Like Sex."

jpzx

Supporter
[h2]http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/Th...0796/jackson_really,_free_throws_are_like_sex[/h2]
[h2]Jackson: Really, Free Throws Are Like Sex[/h2]
Thursday, January 07, 2010

Posted By Bethlehem Shoals 4:48 PM

133280.jpg
Okay, I know that Stephen Jackson has often stated in the past that he "makes love to pressure." But he took it one step further the other night, comparing the free-throw line to "making love to my wife." That was only slightly less weird than Rick Carlisile's recent insistence that neither winning nor sex should require much work.

Fortunately, S-Jax went onto WFNZ in Charlotte to clarify his statement. From Sports Radio Interviews
"It's just something that I kinda came up with. Everybody wants to do their best when making love. I feel like when I go to the free throw line I'm making love to my wife. I concentrate, just stay focused on what I'm doing. At the end of the game, I want the ball anyway. I wanna be the guy to take the shot. I feel just as confident in my teammates to make the shot, but I wanna be the guy to go up there, step up and take that pressure on because I love it."

He also compared playing at home to sleeping in your own bed, which made the whole thing both more wholesome and creepier. That kind of sums up the majesty of Stephen Jackson in a nutshell, now doesn't it? One random thought: The whole "wives at the FT line" just makes me think of Jason Kidd and his marriage, and then I want to spend the rest of the day eating nachos and crying.

Link

His wife aint doin the job then...

What he really means is, no longer playing for the !%+$ hole of a franchise like the Warriors is like sex.

I feel like when I go to the free throw line I'm making love to my wife.......I feel just as confident in my teammates to make the shot
qxmczk.gif

" I got so many phone calls from friends while I sat there and watched (the Spurs' playoff elimination). That's what I live for. I make love topressure. "
- Stephen Jackson

I'll make sure to tell this to my gf the next time I shoot in less than 10 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom