Bonds indicted by federal grand jury

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

What is Bush doing commenting about this?!?! Isnt there more important stuff on his plate than worrying about a baseball player, like a war???

Too Bad that the FED's wasted all this time on Bonds yet cannot not get Bush to the stand for an impeachment
tired.gif

But anyway.....
Bonds was obviously the big fish... hopefully all those who went after him go after everybody else....
tired.gif

MLB would be a fool to think that if you are going to possibly put an "*" or remove Bond's stats should not do the same to Conseco, McGwire,Sosa, Palmero and I am sure quite a few "reputable" players
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
... {i.e. pitchers} who have used every excuse from doctor'snotes to " i didn't know"

Quite interesting that America's second favorite whipping boy, AROD, gets the deal done the same day as the announcement on Bonds....The Yankees and MLBfirmly behind the marketing for the eventually passing of BONDS stats by AROD....
perfect timing I might say....

Too Bad that the FED's wasted all this time on Bonds yet cannot not get Bush to the stand for an impeachment
tired.gif

The house and senate are practically 50/50 R & D. Bringing fourth impeachment would be a waste of everyone's time.

Why is President Bush's name and impeachment even mentioned in a Barry Bonds indictment thread?
eyes.gif
This whole case seems shady to me somehow... indictment happens 4 years laterafter free agency opens and right away Anderson is released?
ohwell.gif
If theyhad a positive test, why wait so long?

If they had a positive test, why wait so long?
Cases often takes years to build. It's how they build air-tight cases.

i wonder how many tax dollars were wasted building this case for 4 damn years. he plays a $%@!%!% game with a stick and a ball, its not that important that the feds waste 4 years on this @!$+. if this really wasn't a witch hunt they would have just locked up palmario (sp) when he lied under oath. i like how that was swept under rug.

laugh.gif
Dawg if all it is is a game played with a stick and a ball, we as fanswouldnt be paying $100 a ticket, $12 for a beer, and so on. Franchises wouldnt be worth billions of dollars. Bonds wouldn't be getting paid $20 mil a year.Palmeiro isn't out in the clear yet either....I dont think he sleeps well at night. Because his name has been off sportscenter for awhile now you think hissituation has just vanished? I dont. None of the users have. In Palmeiro's case, the congress actually formed a committee to review his case and hisexplanation. They spent quite a bit of time on it. I'm not sure there is a resolution yet. In Raffy's defense (if he has one) is his name isn't allover BALCO's records. He hasn't left a paper trail nor been affiliated with felons as Bonds has. I would say that makes him a little different.

Anyhow, for everyone saying Bonds is the poster boy perched on a platform in all of this, please remember the Feds already have gotten to Victor Conte, TreverGraham, Marion Jones, etc. in this entire Balco case.

Bonds is the king fish, yes. But according to some on here its like he is the only one they are going after and they also would have no reason to do so.

In this instance Bonds was only a witness at the time of his perjury, he was one of many who took the stand to testify in the BALCO trial. He was not alone.Instead he was the genius who decided to give laughable answers when told the ramifications if he did so.

all i got to say is this is stight up bull $@%$. who gives a $@%$ if he did to juice and the feds got to get in? its his personal life. dam max of 30 yearsminus well go murder bud all for not sayin i did it stight bull $@%$ so many things we need to worry about in the U.S. and this aint one

I dont think there's a positive test like you guys are speculating.

Word is Anderson didnt talk so that leads me to believe the indictment came from some info from none other than

Marion Jones.

Man, I have supported Barry for the past few years now, ever since I took a vacation to San Fran and became a Giants fan (not hardcore, but definately cheeredfor them) after the World Series run.

If the evidence does go against Barry, and he is proven to take steroids, then Im going to have to agree with the MLB's appropriate actions. I mean, eventhough I am a fan of Barry, if he did cheat then there is going to be obvious punishment for that.

laugh.gif
I knew you guys would come in here hating on the Mac. I'm justusing the excuse that I have gotten from Giants fans from the last 5 or so years; INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. I need to go take a picture of my Big Macposter in my room (in an A's Uni of course
pimp.gif
)

I for one am very happy to see this smug jackoff get burned. What a douche. Root in hell with your name being erased from baseball history. Your father isprobably rolling over in his grave with the disgrace you have brought that name.

Root in hell with your name being erased from baseball history.
you dont have to recognize him, but i hate to tell you haters that they arent going to just erase his name from the record books like he neverplayed.

Guys, please stop saying this is a racial issue. It's not.

It's an issue of Bonds lying during a grand jury proceeding. He broke the law. Many times. When you do that in America, you go to court and the judge orjury decides what punishment is appropriate. Perhaps Bonds should have done what Giambi did when he was called to testify before a grand jury: Tell the truthand face whatever consequences may follow. Instead, Bonds tried to be deceptive and was caught.

Also, the judge didn't hesitate to throw Bonds' WHITE trainer in jail for refusing to cooperate with the investigation. The letter of the law has beenapplied at every turn. With all the media hype surrounding these proceedings, Bonds is guaranteed to get objective, thoughtful application of the judicialsystem.

Read this article and be honest: He brought all of this on himself. He had the opportunity to do the right thing and chose not to.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/14606146/detail.html

So because the media treated his father unfairly, it allows Bonds to be a **** to everyone. Bonds is a douche bag, and he treats everyone like dirt, even his wife (He treats his kids well).

Unless you have been around Barry Bonds, you won't know the magnitude of his douchebagness. Writers are not exaggerating when they talk about this guys attitude.
It doesn't allow anybody to treat anybody anyway but have you been in his situation to say that you yourself wouldn't act the same way? We all can say what we would wouldn't do but until we have some type of experience its really easy to talk hypothetically.

I'm all for going after the crooks no matter their skin color, but at the same time I don't think there should be quotas.

Its not about quotas man its truth why don't the Feds snatch up RP if they care that much about lying under oath? This isn't parkingtickets if you have offenders and your not going after them esp if they are a different race your going to open the door for people to throw race into thepicture. I think we can agree on that and I'll bet somethings (probably not of this magnitude) happened to you/somebody you know where you have felt thatpeople were being biased in who they were comming for.

laugh.gif
Dawg if all it is is a game played with a stick and a ball, we as fans wouldnt be paying $100 a ticket, $12 for a beer, and so on. Franchises wouldnt be worth billions of dollars. Bonds wouldn't be getting paid $20 mil a year. Palmeiro isn't out in the clear yet either....I dont think he sleeps well at night. Because his name has been off sportscenter for awhile now you think his situation has just vanished? I dont. None of the users have. In Palmeiro's case, the congress actually formed a committee to review his case and his explanation. They spent quite a bit of time on it. I'm not sure there is a resolution yet. In Raffy's defense (if he has one) is his name isn't all over BALCO's records. He hasn't left a paper trail nor been affiliated with felons as Bonds has. I would say that makes him a little different.

you completly missed my point. congress shouldn't have baseball listed as their #1 priority. hell the government has spend more time dealing with bondsthen they have looking for bin laden.

I dont think some of yall understand what he's been indicted for. He's not being indicted for taking steroids, buying, or selling or anything likethat. He's been indicted because he lied to a grand jury. Even if found guilty it still wouldnt prove he took steroids.

you completly missed my point. congress shouldn't have baseball listed as their #1 priority. hell the government has spend more time dealing with bonds then they have looking for bin laden.

You're right. The entire gvmnt is in on this.

I also missed the memo that said baseball is congress' "#1 priority."

We can rip congress and the feds for getting into some of this stuff, but let's not go overboard with it.

The bottom line issue one again, did Barry lie under oath when told he shouldnt? They say he did. I dont feel sorry for him.

For anyone who wants to read about what's been going on this past 4 years, here is a fairly detailed report from one of the authors of Game of Shadows ESPNran today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3113231

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I dont think some of yall understand what he's been indicted for. He's not being indicted for taking steroids, buying, or selling or anything like that. He's been indicted because he lied to a grand jury. Even if found guilty it still wouldnt prove he took steroids.
Not true. He is being tried for perjury in relation to his comments to the grand jury. He said he did not take steroids; the court feels he lied(which means he DID take steroids) when he responded to their inquiry. Therefore, a guilty verdict would mean the courts PROVED he took steroids and then liedabout it when asked.

Here is a quote from the ESPN article that is up on their page right now:

"The item that jumped from the 10-page indictment was the revelation of "positive tests for the presence of steroids and otherperformance-enhancing substances by Bonds and other professional athletes." The positive tests stem from work-ups performed on Bonds' blood and urinesamples through BALCO, and if corroborated could be a damaging blow to Bonds' defense."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3113231

^ wait, i thought bonds said he didnt "knowingly" taken steroids. so the feds thought that he knew what he was taken and that's where the liecomes from? did he ever deny whether he taken steroids, because bonds has never failed a drug test. victor conte never gave bonds any roids, it was to histrainer greg anderson, and anderson will never rat out bonds (imo).

someone must have spilled the beans.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Nah, I wasn't being sarcastic at all.

The remedy isn't to let more black players off the hook; the remedy to our racist un-justice system isto stop turning a blind eye to white offenders. The answer is not to turn a blind eye towards minority offenders, but rather to STOP turning a blind eye to white offenders.

I'm with you on this.

Back
Top Bottom