Book Club...What are you reading?

Are there any avid readers on NT? Outside of magazines and blogs, what books are you reading? Any recommendations?

Currently, I am reading 'Life of Pi' by Yann Martel. Great book so far. I just started.

So far the book is dealing with issues of spirituality and practicality. But basically, it's about a man who survives 227 days after a shipwreck, while being on a boat with a Bengal tiger.

Next book on my list:

Beauty and Power by Clifford T.I. Harris
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

im readin the elephant vanishes, a compilation of short stories, by haruki murakami.

I don't read books, don't have the patience. My girl on the other hand, reads a ton of books. It's unbelievable .

Stephen King - On Writing
-great pickup for anyone who does creative stuff (i do comedy)

Next:

some buddhist stuff prolly.

I stopped in Game of Thrones book 4 cuz I didn't like being so far ahead of the TV series...

Plowing through the girl who played with fire, and so far the first one is better, but worth a read.

I have "Life of Pi" but couldn't really get into it (it was a gift). I'll give it another shot some time.

Reading (for work): Security Analysis
Pleasure: Team of Rivals

finished Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse this morning.

will begin To Engineer is Human: The Role of Failure in Successful Design by Henry Petroski.

Recently finished The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Great Gatsby and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

Currently reading The Devil in the White City.

Next will be Ghost in the Wires and One Hundred Years of Solitude.

I recommend them all.

Reading Outliers....two chapters left ....Good read I recommend

My guy was just telling me about this book. I will probably check it out in the next few months.

I am currently reading Don't Shoot: One Man, a Street Fellowship, and the End of Violence in Inner-City America by David Kennedy on the recommendation of Hank Moody here on NT. Great book...

just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns, great book, better than The Kite Runner

about to start The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Back
Top Bottom