BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

Everybody should view this video by Rich's Kicks, this man knows what he's talkin about. He's comparing 2011 to 2015 Bordeauxs , and all his vids are fun, entertaining and informative

I like his vids because he's positive unlike a lot of these dudes on youtube(Delz, Nightwing) that act like they're doing you a favor and are being forced to do it and complaining the whole time.

much better in terms of cushioning compare to the 2011 release

Agreed. I have found that a lot of the remastered shoes have gotten more comfortable with each wear. That is sometimes hard to notice especially when a shoe may only be worn 1-2 times in a month.

I like his vids because he's positive unlike a lot of these dudes on youtube(Delz, Nightwing) that act like they're doing you a favor and are being forced to do it and complaining the whole time.

Rich Kicks just murdered the Bordeaux7s haters in this thread and on YouTube. Like I said the 2011s are Non OGs now. If your a True OG head your loving the 2015s

"Remastered" = Truer to OG

If your not an OG Head your hating the Truer to OGs because your used to NonOgs, this is what all the complaints are about lol

Last edited:
Rich Kicks just murdered the Bordeaux7s haters in this thread and on YouTube. Like I said the 2011s are Non OGs now. If your a True OG head your loving the 2015s

"Remastered" = Truer to OG

If your not an OG Head your hating the Truer to OGs because your used to NonOgs, this is what all the complaints are about lol
If you think people are hating on these because theyre "not OG heads" then you must have not been reading what people are actually complaining about. The "remastered" program didnt just have to do with making the shoes look like the OGs but bring customers a PREMIUM PRODUCT, by revamping the entire manufacturing process to give us better quality, better construction, and better performance out of the shoe. These bordeauxs fall short of that initiative in every category besides making them "look more like the OGs". Thats what the issue is. QUALITY. These were supposed to outshine the 2011 retro by a huge margin and they dont. the shoe looks and feels cheap and they slapped a $190 price tag on it. Stop trying to clown people for actually wanting JB to live up to their own promises.

Remastered = Better Quality Shoes

Last edited:
If you think people are hating on these because theyre "not OG heads" then you must have not been reading what people are actually complaining about. The "remastered" program didnt just have to do with making the shoes look like the OGs but bring customers a PREMIUM PRODUCT, by revamping the entire manufacturing process to give us better quality, better construction, and better performance out of the shoe. These bordeauxs fall short of that initiative in every category besides making them "look more like the OGs". Thats what the issue is. QUALITY. These were supposed to outshine the 2011 retro by a huge margin and they dont. the shoe looks and feels cheap and they slapped a $190 price tag on it. Stop trying to clown people for actually wanting JB to live up to their own promises.

Bruh. Every year prices of shoes have gone up. AM95OGs 170now, KD8s 180 etc etc

To me they OUTSHINE them by a huge margin because their Truer to OGs. If anyone thinks 4 years later and $40more their getting some made in Italy's their trippin! Fact is people always gonna complain. 3 of my homies have the 2011s with glue stains, I have 2 pair no glue stains thats QUALITY! People get their 2011s scuffed because of the "material" the new material won't do that as easy that's better "quality"

Nike/JB isn't making no flyknit/elite/whatever new "performance" technology for Retros because that's what your implying for them to do.

I have zero issues with quality because side by side the 2015s are better and for $40 more 4 years later I'm really not sure what else they could have done to keep it Truer to OG with "Quality" because that would make them an entirely new shoe.

Better construction? The shoe is back to OG shape.

Better performance? Their comfortable I'm not hoopin in them

Better quality? Durabuck better for scuffs, no glue stains, on point stitching, shinier paint for outsoles, solid shoe all around

Last edited:
I still don't get what JB could have done to make this shoe better. The issues seem to only revolve around creases and the bump on the toe box. Had they fixed those 2 issues would everyone be praising this shoe?

Bruh. Every year prices of shoes have gone up. AM95OGs 170now, KD8s 180 etc etc

To me they OUTSHINE them by a huge margin because their Truer to OGs. If anyone thinks 4 years later and $40more their getting some made in Italy's their trippin! Fact is people always gonna complain. 3 of my homies have the 2011s with glue stains, I have 2 pair no glue stains thats QUALITY! People get their 2011s scuffed because of the "material" the new material won't do that as easy that's better "quality"

Nike/JB isn't making no flyknit/elite/whatever new "performance" technology for Retros because that's what your implying for them to do.

I have zero issues with quality because side by side the 2015s are better and for $40 more 4 years later I'm really not sure what else they could have done to keep it Truer to OG with "Quality" because that would make them an entirely new shoe.
"Jordan Brand’s Retro Remaster initiative is not just about using premium materials. It’s about refining the art of traditional shoe-making in a day and age when innovative (and more cost effective) materials and construction methods have become the norm in the footwear business. Knowing that their consumers are passionate and well educated about the sneakers they love, Jordan has answered the call for a higher grade of materials on their Retro releases, but their efforts reach far beyond just using better leathers.

Starting with the Spring 2015 season that will begin in January, all Air Jordan Retros will be crafted using a completely revamped construction process with an elaborate and intimate approach to the way these shoes are manufactured. Aside from just creating a more premium product, the idea is to refine the Retros to be as close as possible to the OGs in every way, from the way they look and feel, to the way they perform and respond to wear. Using original pairs to get each detail true to form, JB is setting out to recreate Tinker and Michael’s original vision for what these shoes should be."

http://sneakernews.com/2014/08/29/reconstructing-greatness-inside-air-jordan-retro-remaster-program/

Now please tell me again why we arent supposed to be getting better shoes? Im glad your pairs met YOUR standards however high or low they are, but they dam sure didnt meet mine. I actually bought the 2015 pair and mine had glue by the mountain peeks, toe bumb and all. Youre making an argument that these are better than the 2011 pair based on color, what im saying is that after this huge marketing campaign Nike/JB did promising us better shoes the only difference between the 2011 pair and the 2015 pair is they shades of color used, when the 2015 pair is supposed to be "premium" and superior. Jordan brands words not mine. I want a better shoe FIRST, ill worry about true to OG afterwards. If they told you that they were remastering the space jam 11 to have the color the original sample hag, but through it on the CDP 11 body, would you say it was better because its truer to OG than the 09 release was? if so then keep sipping that Koolaid fam. I have no problem paying more money for a better quality product, amd like ive said, JB gives us quality when they want to, but dont try and justify the masses being hoodwinked like this because they got some of the colors right.

I still don't get what JB could have done to make this shoe better. The issues seem to only revolve around creases and the bump on the toe box. Had they fixed those 2 issues would everyone be praising this shoe?
The issue is besides the color being closer to the orginal, these arent a better shoe than the 2011s. If youve owned any pair of 7s pre-2010 you know 7s can and have been made better than these.

but i guess if yall are okay with it, my opinion doesnt affect your pockets. but if i buy a product and im not happy with it i sure can voice my opinion just like those who are happy with it can

Last edited:
@jdfrench

Did you only read what you put in BOLD and Underlined? does it not say " the idea is to refine the Retros to be as close as possible to the OGs in every way" "Using original pairs to get each detail true to form"

you said from "the way they look and feel, to the way they perform and respond to wear" They look Truer to OG (Check) Perform and Respond to wear? thats yet to be determined.

I have High Standards actually! And everything was solid in every way not 1 but 2 pairs. I've been wearing Jordans since the 90s so I know what to Expect! When they issued that statement of "Remastering" what came to my mind was TRUER TO OG form which I've gotten with the Double Nickels and these. Everybody has their own INTERPRETATION!

All my stitching was on point, everything smooth, they changed from a suede to a durabuck to help with scuffing, walking in them their comfortable thats "Performance" to me with "Retros" because I will never hoop in 90 model shoes because theirs new Technology for that. That Technology isn't going to be made into a Retro because its going to create a "Fusion" shoe which I don't want. If JB uses completely different materials they aren't Originals anymore.

Last edited:
The issue is besides the color being closer to the orginal, these arent a better shoe than the 2011s. If youve owned any pair of 7s pre-2010 you know 7s can and have been made better than these.

but i guess if yall are okay with it, my opinion doesnt affect your pockets. but if i buy a product and im not happy with it i sure can voice my opinion just like those who are happy with it can

Sounds like your complaints come from Retail Pricing. I had pre2010 7s and the shape was different (not OG) but the materials and quality was in no way shape or form superior. I had shoes with glue stains, stitching poking out, scuffed easily, faded easily, etc

With Inflation the cost of the 2015s is actually cheaper than in 1992 .

Not only did Finishline cancel my order after they oversold and make me wait over a week to get my money back, now the E-Gift Card they issued as a courtesy was never activated. So I get bounced around on the phone for an hour before being told they will escalate my case and get back to me in a day or two.

With no IT degree I could do a better job than them. Their whole IT dept. should be fired ASAP.

@jdfrench

Did you only read what you put in BOLD and Underlined? does it not say " the idea is to refine the Retros to be as close as possible to the OGs in every way" "Using original pairs to get each detail true to form"

you said from "the way they look and feel, to the way they perform and respond to wear" They look Truer to OG (Check) Perform and Respond to wear? thats yet to be determined.

I have High Standards actually! And everything was solid in every way not 1 but 2 pairs. I've been wearing Jordans since the 90s so I know what to Expect! When they issued that statement of "Remastering" what came to my mind was TRUER TO OG form which I've gotten with the Double Nickels and these. Everybody has their own INTERPRETATION!

All my stitching was on point, everything smooth, they changed from a suede to a durabuck to help with scuffing, walking in them their comfortable thats "Performace" to me with "Retros" because I will never hoop in 90 models shoes because theirs new Technology for that. That Technology isn't going to be made into a Retro because its going to create a "Fusion" shoe which I don't want. If JB uses completely different materials they aren't Originals anymore.
without using another paragraph heres my point. I was expecting a better shoe. eveyone doing a comparison between the 2011s and 2015s are only siting a color change as the difference. thats not remastering, thats not "improving" the shoe and that doest justify $40 price hike.

Sounds like your complaints come from Retail Pricing. I had pre2010 7s and the shape was different (not OG) but the materials and quality was in no way shape or form superior. I had shoes with glue stains, stitching poking out, scuffed easily, faded easily, etc

With Inflation the cost of the 2015s is actually cheaper than in 1992 .
my citrus 7s from 07 (id say theyre a similarly constructed shoe material wise right?) were phenomenal and have held up amazingly to this day aside from some paint chipping. inflation doesnt explain the price between 2011 and 2015 though

Last edited:
View media item 1648366
I UNDS mine today. Mad comfy on feet. And I don't even see the toe box bulge. I think people are too picky. This is a great retro. I had the 2011 bordeauxs and these are much better made. The material on the 2011s was nice but after a while they developed hard crease lines to the point of them looking like they were about to chip on the grey. The 2015s are the same durabuck they used on 99 metallic 5s, 2007 Aqua 8s, etc. it just feels flimsy be

don't sweat it man, just wear them. First time they get scuffed or dirty you'll forget all about that back end.

[quote name="sthebest"]

I UNDS mine today. Mad comfy on feet. And I don't even see the toe box bulge. I think people are too picky. This is a great retro. I had the 2011 bordeauxs and these are much better made. The material on the 2011s was nice but after a while they developed hard crease lines to the point of them looking like they were about to chip on the grey. The 2015s are the same durabuck they used on 99 metallic 5s, 2007 Aqua 8s, etc. it just feels flimsy be[/quote]

The grey on the 2011s will chip away eventually. Mine did. It started to peel actually, much like paint. No telling yet how the 2015s will age with wear and tear. Will the material just become frayed?

The grey on the 2011s will chip away eventually. Mine did. It started to peel actually, much like paint. No telling yet how the 2015s will age with wear and tear. Will the material just become frayed?

Im glad im not the only one. and yes, the material will become frayed and show the white backing after it starts to peel. The black part on the 2011s was durabuck but they grey was nubuck.It didnt have much flex so when it creases, it creases bad. The 2015s have more flex and is softer. i can care less about the color shifting nubuck on the 2011s. Also the midsole was really glossy. From my experience, any shoe from Jordan Brand with a glossy midsole will eventually chip because it has no protection from weather conditions.

With no IT degree I could do a better job than them. Their whole IT dept. should be fired ASAP.
Your telling me people went to School to learn how to be Customer Service Reps for Finishline?

hahahahahaahah what a waste of time n money!

for a job so simple

Lol , I've been back chilling watching this thread and yall are hilarious. I meant to ask earlier but any of yall who hate your 2011 pairs as much as you say, part ways with them laces bro. Lol , I want them silver lace tips.

Just the tip tho...
That's what she said.

Nah but foreal, I'm  just thinking about how hard these would be with those tips. I thought they were going to be on these until I found out they were going to be truer to OG. I dont really care much as it doesn't come anywhere near being a big deal it's actually real miniscule but it's the little things in life. They would be nice lol .

Back
Top Bottom